Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversMovies TelevisionPop CultureSignatures

Request: Polar Bear Comic Book Covers2718

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke - if you get a chance, check out Red Sonja on a Polar Bear - from jeffach@deviantart.com
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@kaptainmyke - if you get a chance, check out Red Sonja on a Polar Bear - from jeffach@deviantart.com

Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
soooo.....

thanks to several of you, I picked these up tonight

conan 145

frazetta illus #1

house of mystery 246

josie 6

micronauts 32

walt disney white wilderness

I'd love to see more
Post 28 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
How could we forget this one?

Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if you are a fan of LOST, but if you remember the polar bear that materialized from the comic book...this was the book he was reading.

Polar bear on page 36.
Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
How could we forget this one?

Bought a high grade newsstand edition just now thanks
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I don't know if you are a fan of LOST, but if you remember the polar bear that materialized from the comic book...this was the book he was reading.

Polar bear on page 36.

but there is no polar bear on the cover? why did a polar bear spawn from it and are you sure of this? I watched the show 3 times to see if I could figure out the ending but still got to stare and ooogle Kate so that's a plus.

Post 34 IP   flag post
I'm sure:
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_and_Flash:_Faster_Friends_Part_One

I think Walt had special abilities and actually manifested the Polar Bear along with the magic of the island. Although this is never explained, like 99% of the questions on the show.

P.S. Lost is best watched by skipping the last episode and completely ignoring the flash sideways scenes in the last season. The show writers got lazy and did a cop out.

P.S.S. Evangeline Lilly...omg
Post 35 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The show writers got lazy and did a cop out.

There was a WGA strike during season 3, which is how they explained the "butterfly arc" of the seasons. Season 1 being the left side wings of a butterfly and season 3 being the butterfly/caterpillar body and season 6 being the right side of the butterfly's wings.

Eh, okay. Rite?
Post 37 IP   flag post
I have no clue about a butterfly...

All I know is LOST was 6 years of absolute genius, and then the last episode retroactively turned it into 6 years of complete disappointment. The whole flash sideways of season 6 being purgatory was complete a$$, and not a single answer was given about what the hell the island was and why the things on it happen, and there were whole story arcs from multiple seasons that never got resolution. The last episode of LOST was the worst 2 hours of television in my entire life, and like I said, retroactively ruined 6 years of a show I absolutely loved.

:drops mic, kicks over soapbox:
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke you may also want to check out Abbott and Costello #9 (St. John series)circa 1950's
Post 39 IP   flag post

Post 40 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
This isn't a comic book but I would like to offer this because I like the story and this particular polar bear is one bad mo'fo

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Here's one more.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Does this qualify?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Absolutely! Great finds! Yesssssssss
Post 44 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

You inspired me to find a copy of Josie & the Pussycats # 6.

I passed on a copy at one store as it was dinged up but I found a better copy at another store later today.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
George Rozen painting, oil on canvas; 18 x 25"
Cover to Doc Savage pulp, spring of 1949

Post 46 IP   flag post
600685 46 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?