Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

Comicbookgirl19 on the Marvel Sales Slump2665

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
The real question is, would you tap it? Si, for me.
I don't think that's the real question at all
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Her nerd knowledge is kinda hot.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
She's awesome, but to me, Robot makes the show.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Her nerd knowledge is kinda hot.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
The robot is hilarious. Reminds me of something from the 70's when I was a kid.
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
She is so right, I've got reboot, mega event-crossover, variant cover fatigue. It's just killed my interest in anything new, (except for maybe Zombie Tramp; I think they have something going on there that is simple, easy to follow and is building on itself in a classic way.)
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
She is so right, I've got reboot, mega event-crossover, variant cover fatigue. It's just killed my interest in anything new, (except for maybe Zombie Tramp; I think they have something going on there that is simple, easy to follow and is building on itself in a classic way.)

There are tons of options without touching the big two. It's sad that people almost totally ignore the indies or paint them with the same brush.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I enjoyed Robot. My impression of her is that she didn't get enough hugs as a child.
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a dead artists ashes could be mixed in the ink. Oh wait...............
Post 35 IP   flag post
On a side note, sort of related. My wife has a male co-worker who has a 9 year old son. He said his son is a big fan of DC comics but doesn't collect Marvel comics.

I found that fascinating, as I thought Marvel has always been the standard.

But anyway. I put together 20 DC books for her to give to the co-worker for his son. And I included one Marvel Todd McFarlane ASM, just to see if it is because the kid hasn't been introduced to Marvel.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
On a side note, sort of related. My wife has a male co-worker who has a 9 year old son. He said his son is a big fan of DC comics but doesn't collect Marvel comics.

I found that fascinating, as I thought Marvel has always been the standard.

But anyway. I put together 20 DC books for her to give to the co-worker for his son. And I included one Marvel Todd McFarlane ASM, just to see if it is because the kid hasn't been introduced to Marvel.

Recommendation for a newer series, Super Sons by Peter J. Tomasi and Jorge Jimenez is fun! Should be well suited for a 9yo.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I've always considered DC to be the superior company, but I'm also a Batman guy, so maybe I'm biased.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Batman is my favorite character. But Marvel rules on storylines and characters overall. IMO.

I'm one of those guys that would choose a Tec 27 over an Action 1, all things being equal otherwise.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I've always considered DC to be the superior company, but I'm also a Batman guy, so maybe I'm biased.

I flip back and forth. For more than half my collecting career I was a DC guy and when it comes to older books (30's to 70's) I am far more DC focused. However, DC started to tank for me when Didio, then Harras took over. Now they pretty much seem driven to trying to capture the past than move forward. As much as they take flac for it I actually like that Marvel is trying to move on to a new era and try and create the belief that a hero is a mantle that can be passed on. It's a fairly bold move in a hobby that really resists change in a big way. At first I mocked it but as I read more I actually enjoyed much of it.
Post 40 IP   flag post
597955 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?