Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround Update 4/24/20172659

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think folks realize how long the wait is for pressing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Understatement! How many pressers does CBCS have?
Post 27 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki
Still waiting for my 2 books...submitted at the Long Beach Expo on February 18, 2017.

66 days and counting!

If you count from Tuesday after the Con....63 days!!

Your books are in for pressing.

It was in for pressing a month ago

It's still in for pressing.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Understatement! How many pressers does CBCS have?

Currently, one.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlikefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
Quote:
I just spent $3,900 with CBCS at the Silicon Valley Comic Con to have 124 Marvel (bronze age) comic books to be graded. Do I think I'll get them back in 8 weeks? , No, I don't think so. They get so many submissions that I'm realistically looking at late July.

Wow, I thought I was being crazy with my spending. I only spent $1,100. Thanks for making me feel better.

Bloodlikefire, Not a problem. Glad I'm not the only crazy person out there. Oh, my books are silver and bronze age. (Avngers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, IRON MAN 1, 2, 3, CONAN the Barbarian and a few others. Anything after 1982..... naaaaa. No thank you.

Well I was still in diapers in 1982, my tastes are a little more modern, except for some key Mary Jane Watson issues of ASM most of my collection comes from early 2000's to current.

As a comic book lover like yourself it's never to late to enjoy the finer things in life. The artists of yesterday Jim Stranko, Neal Adams, Jim Starlin, Mike Ploog, Jack Kirby, Artie Simek, John Romita Sr and Jr. Now these are artists!! Just to name a few. Not the ones of today. Since when does the HULK look like a green guerrilla with perfect teeth!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Is is possible to include "Pressing" as a category in future Turnaround Updates? I personally sent in some books to have pressed and graded recently, so I'm asking for purely selfish reasons. It think it would help the community with having a better idea and expectation of how long it will take to get their books back. Also will hopefully eliminate some of the posts and calls to customer service. Just a thought.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@SteveRicketts Is is possible to include "Pressing" as a category in future Turnaround Updates? I personally sent in some books to have pressed and graded recently, so I'm asking for purely selfish reasons. It think it would help the community with having a better idea and expectation of how long it will take to get their books back. Also will hopefully eliminate some of the posts and calls to customer service. Just a thought.

Pressing is very backed up because of the overwhelming demand we've received. Making a guess at turnaround right now will be less than accurate.

So, yes, we will start reporting a turnaround on pressing in the coming weeks. As soon as I get a handle on it and can predict it with some sense of accuracy.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait to see my book that was pressed. Don't rush the process. Quality first.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Sounds like it's time for Steve to hire a Padawan.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received on March 17th and I was just notified that the Consumer & Expanded ones went into Grading today. The Modern ones have not yet.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sounds like it's time for Steve to hire a Padawan.

2 or 3 Padawans (just no Jar-jar Binks) would be nice.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For Reference, CFP Comics currently has a 2 month wait for pressing
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Noob question here but can someone briefly explain "pressing"?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Dshel61 It's a process where hear and pressure is applied to a comic to remove certain defects. Basically like itoning the wrinkles out of a comic
Post 39 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just spent $3,900 with CBCS at the Silicon Valley Comic Con to have 124 Marvel (bronze age) comic books to be graded. Do I think I'll get them back in 8 weeks? , No, I don't think so. They get so many submissions that I'm realistically looking at late July.

Wow, I thought I was being crazy with my spending. I only spent $1,100. Thanks for making me feel better.

Bloodlikefire, Not a problem. Glad I'm not the only crazy person out there. Oh, my books are silver and bronze age. (Avngers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, IRON MAN 1, 2, 3, CONAN the Barbarian and a few others. Anything after 1982..... naaaaa. No thank you.

Well I was still in diapers in 1982, my tastes are a little more modern, except for some key Mary Jane Watson issues of ASM most of my collection comes from early 2000's to current.

I don't collect much in the way of books published in the last couple of decades - but always glad to hear of another fan of MJW..... One of the best supporting characters in comics ever
Post 40 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite did you get your R and T keys mixed up on your keyboard?
Post 41 IP   flag post
@DarthLego lol, I'm at work typing on my phone, so it happens
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't collect much in the way of books published in the last couple of decades - but always glad to hear of another fan of MJW..... One of the best supporting characters in comics ever

That is until they had Brand New Day, the only comic story that could make the Clone Saga stuff look like a good story arc. That's one of the reasons I stopped reading Spider-Man.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is until they had Brand New Day, the only comic story that could make the Clone Saga stuff look like a good story arc. That's one of the reasons I stopped reading Spider-Man.

My feelings are exactly the same
Post 44 IP   flag post
w00t! My grail has just cleared QC and is ready for shipping!

I think I'm gonna try to wait to see the grade until I receive the book!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Submitted several books at SVCC this last weekend. Already had one e-mail stating one batch has been received. 3 more order forms to go. The update to convention input times will be massive next week.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Submitted book at SVCC, already had 1st e-mail stating 1 batch has been received. The update will be massive next week.

I got an email earlier today on my submission from SVCC. I didn't see you there. You may have seen me. I had 124 books so I was there for a bit.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Argh! My book just shipped. Do I look at the grade? Or wait til it arrives?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Argh! My book just shipped. Do I look at the grade? Or wait til it arrives?

Patience, You will have the book for the rest of your life, unless you sell it. What's a couple more days.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Expected delivery date is nearly a week away D:
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the books I sent in to get signed by Roy Thomas won't be entered for another two weeks. *breathes*

I don't need to worry, I ain't selling them and I am not going anywhere...

*In a Yoda Voice*
CBCS Forum.. Begun the CON Season has...
Post 51 IP   flag post
597884 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?