Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

1st Experience with CBCS2649

Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user
So I would like to start off by saying I actually only collect hulk comics, Tales to Astonish or comics with hulk on the front. However when I first started collecting I came across this title and 1 other(which I will be posting in a couple weeks and could not pass. This one actually got a better grade than hoped so that was good.

In case you don't know and are interested this is Volume 2 #12

Steve Ditko

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Aww I remember my first time too. The awkwardness in trying to complete an invoice, i had no idea how to do it. Then finally the ectacy in popping open my first package from cbcs. Aww yea 😂🤣 i'll never forget my 1st time with cbcs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Are we sharing our first subs?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here's my first.

Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Here's mine

It was originally supposed to be a Christmas present for a cousin of mine who's a big Kingpin fan but I ended up leeping it for myself and submitting it to CBCS during their first year.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my first sub.

The thing that got me to try CBCS was the varied signature program.

This book has a cool story (at least, I think so) feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So, about four years ago, I went on e-Bay looking for Yvonne Craig's autograph. I found a few 8x10's, a trading card or two and something that read just "Yvonne Craig signed Batman comic book".

I recognized the cover, but figured, it had to be a reprint. What they did was put the comic in a standard bag & board and then adhere a cheap mat to the front to make it fit a standard picture frame.

They were showcasing the autograph, not realizing the book's sugnificnce.

I had no clue as to the condition of the comic, but I made an offer & they accepted.

When I submitted it, I expected a 6.0, so, I was very happy with a 7.0.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Verified
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, I did spell that wrong. 😔
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@onlyhulk23 Where's the Hulk?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I currently have have some at cbcs, should have them back within the next week or 2.

I get about 4 books graded every 6 weeks or so, I will be posting them as i get them for sure
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Here's my first sub.

The thing that got me to try CBCS was the varied signature program.

This book has a cool story (at least, I think so) feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So, about four years ago, I went on e-Bay looking for Yvonne Craig's autograph. I found a few 8x10's, a trading card or two and something that read just "Yvonne Craig signed Batman comic book".

I recognized the cover, but figured, it had to be a reprint. What they did was put the comic in a standard bag & board and then adhere a cheap mat to the front to make it fit a standard picture frame.

They were showcasing the autograph, not realizing the book's sugnificnce.

I had no clue as to the condition of the comic, but I made an offer & they accepted.

When I submitted it, I expected a 6.0, so, I was very happy with a 7.0.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
First book I submitted to CGC:

First book I submitted to CBCS:

Post 14 IP   flag post
597884 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?