Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Packaging Books To Send Out2609

Collector ThirdFloorComics private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have any suggestions fir how to ship out comics? It's my first time using CBCS, and I was just curious if there were any suggestions or pointers?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
In a box with styrofoam peanuts. Buy your packing supplies on ebay. It's the cheapest. I suggest using 14x14x4 boxes and put your books inside a jiffy cardboard mailer sealed with blue painters tape so it's easy to remove and put that inside the 14x14x4 box.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Infinity and Gemini mailers - IMO - are very secure and made to ship comics.

Not sure on the # that one box can hold, but I've shipped 4 securely.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector adampasz private msg quote post Address this user
https://comicbookinvest.com/2016/09/12/how-to-properly-pack-a-comic-for-shipping/

It takes some trial and error to get it right. General rule is pack a few comics between thick cardboard, and wrap 4 sides with packing tape.

Gemini Mailers are great for a small number. USPS Med. Flat Rate box can fit about 10.

Bubble wrap is also great for protecting comics once they are in some cardboard. And doesn't add much weight to a package.

I've also seen some people use a double-box method for really valuable stuff.

Oh, and avoid media mail!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Anytime you get a great packed eBay shipment take notes and keep the supplies.

Anytime you get a poorly packed eBay shipment, or a technique that ticks you off, take notes and don't ever do that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
USPS priority mail boxes are free and you get tracking plus $50 of insurance for free.

Medium / large bubble wrap is your best friend. It is lighter than peanuts and will afford a lot of protection for your books.

Wrapping the books in a plastic bag (like the kind you get in the Supermarket can protect them from water. One time I received a book otherwise protected by cardboard in the mail that wss soaking wet.

For raw books you generally want to stack them and use two pieces of cardboard to make a sandwich (that is then wrapped in bubble wrap, etc,).

While it does add some weight, individually bagging and boarding raw books give added protection (especially important if you are sending them to a buyer instead of CBCS.

Another great tool for protecting books and slabs are those boxes CBCS sends (they hold up to 4 slabs) withing larger boxes. While better for multiple slabs they can also be used to protect raw books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600507 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?