Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround Update 4/17/20172602

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Beginning this week, we will start tracking the dates of conventions currently being entered by the CBCS Receiving department.

It takes additional time for us to get all of the submissions entered from comic shows. Be aware that the turnaround time for your order starts the Tuesday following the convention, regardless of how long it takes us to input the books from that show.

Thanks for choosing CBCS!

#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector NeganKilledMe private msg quote post Address this user
I recieved an email on 3/21 that my books were received, they all have fast pass, with modern grading 3/8 and a turnaround time of 6 weeks, wouldnt my books be at least in grading if not further along?
Does fast pass does cut turnaround times in half?
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
You had books in that invoice that were sent for pressing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I understand that, the invoice was made on Feb 6 (or very close to that time) and shipped with two other invoices (3 total), one was 2 day mordern the other was a regular modern both of those were recieved around February 15, so the books were recieved for pressing around the 15 and actually went into "grading possession" on 3/21 according to the email i recieved. Am i missing something? I was already charged for the fast passes, shipping and pressing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
These "turnaround times" confuse the hell out of me. I sent in a book that was signed at the Dallas Con by Adam Hughes by Genuine COA. I was notified on 4/13 that it was being encapsulated. No word or idea about shipping. I paid for express...I can only imagine when I'd get it if it wasn't express. Sorry, just trying to understand posted times.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganKilledMe
I understand that, the invoice was made on Feb 6 (or very close to that time) and shipped with two other invoices (3 total), one was 2 day mordern the other was a regular modern both of those were recieved around February 15, so the books were recieved for pressing around the 15 and actually went into "grading possession" on 3/21 according to the email i recieved. Am i missing something? I was already charged for the fast passes, shipping and pressing.

If you selected to have them all shipped together then they will only move as fast as the slowest tier/service.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
These "turnaround times" confuse the hell out of me. I sent in a book that was signed at the Dallas Con by Adam Hughes by Genuine COA. I was notified on 4/13 that it was being encapsulated. No word or idea about shipping. I paid for express...I can only imagine when I'd get it if it wasn't express. Sorry, just trying to understand posted times.

Let's use a non-fast pass modern. if you sent it in today it would take six weeks from notification of arrival at CBCS to go through the whole process and be shipped back to you. As for shipping on your current order it would have been a bit delayed as it likely got held up by the weekend.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
That clears things up....a bit. Thanks!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad just to let you know, on my last order I got my shipping notice the day AFTER the package actually went out and minutes later it arrived at my door. I am not entirely sure but going by the notifications system experience to me it seems as though it follows a system that sends out batch notifications at specific times and not notification that a process has completed that very instant. This is very common with business. I send some work to an external lab and they have many notifications that go out "after hours" so as to not bog down the network.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder They are all on the modern fast pass, and i have already received 2/3 of the invoices back.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ah okay. that wasn't entirely clear to me. I guess Steve will have to answer (or customer service). Hope you find out soon.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Went into grading today
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nice! Hope your books make out well!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Waddly private msg quote post Address this user
My order of 9 expanded comics was received on 2/27. The update shows grading 3/15 and shipping 3/6. Where are my comics at?
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My next order just entered grading!
Post 15 IP   flag post
600641 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?