Post 709 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
CBCS permanently banned Darth.

wut?

like forever?
Post 710 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How do you know this?.. simply out of curiosity.
Post 711 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user

And I think the amazing customer service has a lot to do with it.

So, I guess if people who chose to spend money with CBCS are disappointed the lesson here is to keep your mouth shut or you'll end up banned?

A representative of this company is using a post-apocalyptic murderous dictator as his profile picture, and calling out ban hammers (or skull bashings per Negan) for anyone who wants to know why they've been kept in the dark for over a month on some very hot button issues.

This is absolutely unacceptable from a customer service standpoint. Why would anyone continue to spend money with a company that allows this type of behavior from their representatives?

I can't wait until the people in charge realize the way this already growing Public Relations nightmare has been made entirely worse by the actions of the people who control this forum. TOO many people now are afraid to even speak their mind or give their opinion in fear of retaliation and so they are USING OTHER OUTLETS! It is leaving the 'sanctity' of this forum and spilling onto the rest of the internet.
Post 712 IP   flag post
Collector The_Lurker private msg quote post Address this user
So much for customer satisfaction. If a company can't take some criticism from its own customers without banning them it don't say much for them. You would think they would take the comments and concerns and implementing them into a solution. But not responding and then banning customers who question these things is beyond professional.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Harsh words? Yes. Perhaps misdirected? At least a little? Sure.

But if anything, they represent a hightened tension that has been building for a while now.

If the ban is permanent, my reasons for using this forum are dwindling.

Can the powers that be at least consider making the ban temporary?
Post 714 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Harsh words? Yes. Perhaps misdirected? At least a little? Sure.

But if anything, they represent a hightened tension that has been building for a while now.

If the ban is permanent, my reasons for using this forum are dwindling.

Can the powers that be at least consider making the ban temporary?

I believe a "temporary ban" would be a suspension.

I'm not a fan of his banning, but to be fair he wasn't just voicing concerns, he was hammering away at the same points ad nauseam and I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to stop by moderation.
Post 715 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Holy fudge nuggets, Banman! I want to say that they are tougher than this one moderator I worked with, but I have to believe that @Logan510 is spot-on when it comes to this.
Post 716 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user

Post 717 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This news is really messed up. Darth was not a troll. He was actually hardly posting anymore lately. He felt the mods were overstepping a bit and posted a stormtrooper with a cbcs logo, and got a 7-day for that. I have no idea why his account is now deleted though.

I was permanently banned from the fb page yesterday for speaking out against a mod who ended a locked post with calling everyone who disagreed with him "crybabies", "kids that never got spanked" and "trophies for everyone kids". Not even a discussion, just a flat out permanent block for saying "this is the type of people who run this page?". To be fair, I dont think they are all the same mods between the places; especially that I have not seen that particular one here.
Post 718 IP   flag post

Post 719 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe Darth deleted his own profile? Lots of assumptions being made an no answers to any questions about labels or slabs or anything will probably be answered for a while because of a massive storm going on.
Post 720 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
Maybe Darth deleted his own profile? Lots of assumptions being made.

I was literally just about to say this and you beat me to it.
Post 721 IP   flag post
Is Darth haunting this thread? I've received a couple thumbs up from him here since his account was banned/deleted.
Post 722 IP   flag post
Quote:
Maybe Darth deleted his own profile? Lots of assumptions being made an no answers to any questions about labels or slabs or anything will probably be answered for a while because of a massive storm going on.

I know for a fact that he did not delete his profile.
Post 723 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:

He's been IP blocked. Cant even see the forum now.
Post 724 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

How did you find out?
Curious to know what he did if he is in fact banned.
Post 725 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

How did you find out?

He was 'disappeared' like a Colombian politician.
Post 726 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
How did you find out?

Talked off-forum.

Tempers have been hot around here lately, admittedly myself included. The impending hurricane isn't helping things either.

Hopefully peaceful resolutions to the various miseries of all are on the horizon
Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I guess the question is where is the alternative forum?

I get that this is cbcs' forum and they don't want their company or product bashed on the forum they provide. Maybe some of us went too far but I always thought it came from a place of concern for a company we all loved.

I come here because I really like CBCS and want to support them. But I value it much more because this has always been a friendly open place where, with exception of some commenters, there's not a lot of bullying or trolls. Just a fun place to talk comics.

I'd like to keep talking with a lot of people on this forum and hope there is another place I can find most of you if this place no longer works out in the long run.

I am open to ideas and suggestions.
Post 728 IP   flag post
Well, I just joined the forum across the street. I like it here better, but it doesn't hurt to compare and contrast input and information.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Maybe some of us went too far but I always thought it came from a place of concern for a company we all loved.

I come here because I really like CBCS and want to support them.

This is the saddest part about it. Most of the people who have been silenced were the biggest fans of CBCS and only wanted answers to questions that were brought up over a month ago. All of this has been going since the beginning of August when the case swap thread popped up, and it has been largely ignored.

I chose CBCS earlier this year because of the support they had from the community here. Like I mentioned before, most people are now too afraid of retaliation to actually say how they feel about anything.

The anger we see is due to people feeling like they're not being heard. People who give their money to a company and expect that company to perform the task they paid for are not trolls. They are customers. The anger is made worse by people who are supposed to 'keep the peace' changing their avatars to ACTUALLY troll others. I expect that from regular forum members, but not from moderators. Aren't you supposed to set the standard for conduct on this forum? That is not a way to keep the peace.

Like I said, this has grown beyond this forum and will now continue to do so. It hurts me as someone who chose CBCS because I feel like I made the wrong decision.
Post 730 IP   flag post
598060 789 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.