Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

Has anyone shipped using a FedEx account?2566

Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
I just created a FedEx account and the shipping is so much cheaper using it but what's the catch? It does say that the packages would not have any insurance from CBCS. Does anyone ship this way and does FedEx insure the shipments or can you add insurance?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
How much cheaper is it, if you're able to make a comparison? I was considering setting up an account myself.
Post 2 IP   flag post
To ship 20 books fedex ground it was over 30 bucks cheaper and the price was the same no matter what shipping speed I chose. That's why I wasn't sure if there was a hook somewhere.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wow, that's significant.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a huge difference. That's why I was so nervous about it. Most of the time things are too good to be true.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I would be interested in knowing this info as well. I was also thinking about starting one. However, if there is no insurance, it might not be worth it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
I would be interested in knowing this info as well. I was also thinking about starting one. However, if there is no insurance, it might not be worth it.

100% agree
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Bump
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
It is free to set up a Fedex account and the fees are much lower.

Also, you can get third party collector's insurance to cover all of your shipments.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Also, you can get third party collector's insurance to cover all of your shipments.

@drchaos, is this how you ship your books? I'm just curious if it really is that cheap and how I would add insurance if I wanted to.
Post 10 IP   flag post
There must be a way to add insurance. It would be truly bizarre if there is not.
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The best combination is Collectibles Insurance with the underwriter for USPS, FedEx and Ups. I insure packages to and from CGC/CBCS for a fraction of the USPS cost.

For example a 35 pound package insured for $500 (my deductible)cost me $18.00 to get to or from CGC/CBCS using FedEx Ground. If that were USPS it would be $50-85 depending on the service selected.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

@drchaos, is this how you ship your books? I'm just curious if it really is that cheap and how I would add insurance if I wanted to.

I ship using free USPS priority mail boxes.

For slabs you can double box by putting a 1092 box inside of a 1095 box.

Normally I do not pay for additional insurance as Collectors Insurance covers everything with a $200 deductible. I get $50 of free insurance from USPS (this is enough to pay a customer if a book needs to be reslabbed if USPS causes damage to the case).

In most cases I am self insuring shipments where the damage is between $50-150 dollars.

Since I pack the books securely the only claims I have had so far have only been for $50.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
The best combination is Collectibles Insurance with the underwriter for USPS, FedEx and Ups. I insure packages to and from CGC/CBCS for a fraction of the USPS cost.

For example a 35 pound package insured for $500 (my deductible)cost me $18.00 to get to or from CGC/CBCS using FedEx Ground. If that were USPS it would be $50-85 depending on the service selected.

How much do you pay for the collectables insurance?
Post 14 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics

How much do you pay for the collectables insurance?

I carry quite a bit of coverage so it would not be an even comparison. Comes out to about $200-225 a month on average. For a $25K to $50K policy you should call and get quotes.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Yeah I wouldn't even need close to that. I'm getting ready to send 20 books into CBCS for grading but I don't sell anything or ship anything other than that.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600860 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?