Is This The Worst 2.0 Ever?2501

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_IRON_MAN
@shrewbeer

And hoe did you get the notes?!

Notes are free here
clickable text

Type in the code on any book and theyre yours.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector I_AM_IRON_MAN private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer
WOW that is f'ing awesome.....but I still want green label haha.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
@shrewbeer

Yeah but personally I would never buy a green label and if I had something graded that came back with a green, I's pitch it basically. How are you supposed to tell a coupon is missing? That is rather misleading. All it says is tape on the label.

Just like any defect inside a book, you need to either open it or look up the notes. It would be misleading on a 5.0 qualified, but on a book graded "fair/gd 1.5", a missing coupon is perfectly normal and acceptable for that grade.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Yes, however, if you are buying a second hand slab (I realise the free notes essentially voids my problem, how are you to know? You can't open the book. I would rather pay up for a nicer 3.0, then have a caca 1.5 missing coupons...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Yeah i would say if you arent ok with missing coupons, never buy anything under a 1.8
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I never said the grade was wrong, just pointing out that my book looks nicer.

Apologies for inadvertently sounding like a dick. Didnt mean to. I just re-read my comment, and it probably came off that way 🍺
Post 31 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

So there is no resto label either?

So if I ever buy a CBCS slab...check the notes?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
@shrewbeer
Sorry not too familiar with the CBCS system, where does it say that and why is the label not green lol.

You can look up the notes for freehere and the grading guidelines here

Green? CGC green label is a fake grade, a "what could have been" grade. I could rant all day about the green label lol. CBCS doesnt do that, they only give the actual grade. 1.5 is legit for a missing coupon, or you could send that book to cgc for a fake 5.0 green lol

Repeat after me...

"The Qualified grade tells you what the book otherwise would be without a major flaw.

The lack of a qualified grade means you know nothing about the general condition of the book outside of that flaw."
Post 33 IP   flag post
@DocBrown

Yes Doc,

It clicked

I was saying I prefer these things being evident with a green label is all. And I am trying to understand how to avoid buying something I don't want if I ever buy a CBCS slab. No need to condescend!
Post 34 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yeah i would say if you arent ok with missing coupons, never buy anything under a 1.8

This!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a good to me. 2.0 cover a very wide range of mangledness.

As for qualified labels ... It was the absolute worst thing perpetrated on the hobby. Mind you signed books with a grade that ignores the writing is pretty damn nasty too.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@jrs She's an ugly one for sure, but still doesnt deserve to be dropped into Fair!

This seems to capture the condition best; and the quote would fit nicely in the out-of-context quote thread, also!
Post 37 IP   flag post
600860 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?