These are the grading notes:

staining with moisture rippling to entire book
1ΒΌ" piece missing bottom spine
browning bottom right edge
spine wear, creasing & stress breaks color
edge & corner wear, chipping & creasing some breaks color

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm... I got a 2.0 with three holes punched in it from being in a binder.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
staining and water damage - but no big chunks missing. It is ugly for its grade.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
very readable and no large pieces missing. 2.0 grade seems ok to me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a solid 2.0 (solid, meaning "not falling to pieces."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector I_AM_IRON_MAN private msg quote post Address this user
More like a soiled 2.0!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I think the worst part of the whole book is the 110$ price tag.... someone got hooped or is about to get hooped.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
As far as a 2.0 grade is concerned, that certainly looks like a run of the mill 2.0, in a CBCS or CGC slab.

The flow of the cover art is not partially obscured by stains and heavy folding/creasing.

Relatively bright cover inks...and there are no large chunks off the corners....which is one of any possible defects that I dislike the most.

I'd argue that for a 2.0, the overall eye appeal is considerably higher than numerous other slabbed CBCS and CGC 2.0's.

If you look at the BC, the whiteness of the BC, along with the fanned pages, that tells you a lot about the integrity of the paper.IOW, the outer edges of interior pages is where oxidation usually is at its' worse.
To explain, you can see that the BC has no indications of subpar paper qquality i.e. it looks pretty damn close to white.The BC is remarkably off-white/white.

I'd rather buy a SA book in a 2.0 slab with a PQ designation of OW/WHITE psges, with no large pieces out of the FC...than a lot of other CBCS or CGC books that are in 2.0 slabs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
title should say "one of the nicer 2.0"
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@Kanaloa, touche!! Of course, the book does look like it was flushed down the toilet.

But with that said, can anyone post a pic of a worse 2.0? Let's see a better (er, worse?) candidate.
Post 10 IP   flag post
not the worst but did it get microwaved or something.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I definitely am a novice but that looks like a typical 2.0 to me. It's funny since I immediately went looking through my low grade books since most of my old books are low grade. I think they are about the same.

spine stress, spine split & wear breaks color
bends to cover go through book
stains, tears & few large creases to cover
1" & 1/2" piece missing back cover & many pages

cover detached
1st wrap & centerfold detached at bottom staple
spine stress, spine split, & wear breaks color
2" tear & 5" piece missing front cover
tears, chips & creases along the edges of cover
1" piece missing bottom right corner back cover

2.25" piece missing top spine front to back cover
spine wear & stress, edge & corner wear breaks color, many creases to cover, some breaks color
1.75" stain top right corner front cover, small stain top edge front cover & 1.5" stain top left corner back cover
Post 12 IP   flag post
@enaz13, I actually like your ASM 14. To me, there's still some appeal to that book. The ST, on the contrary, completely throws me off.

@Kanaloa, possibly a toaster oven.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaloa
not the worst but did it get microwaved or something.

Looks like a solid 2.0 to me.

The book itself isn't wavy, it is light reflecting between the inner well and the holder itself.
Post 14 IP   flag post
label mangled within, not just light reflection. Could be anything. Not mine, was on fleebay.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Superman is using his super strength to bust out of that slab...maybe melting it with his laser vision...
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if it is the worst 2.0 but my 1.5 presents a hell of a lot better:

Post 17 IP   flag post
@drchaos Yeah WTH, do you have the notes on your 1.5?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@drchaos, agreed.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos coz you have an incomplete book. Notes say a coupon is missing, that book could look like a 9.8 and stil garner a fair/gd 1.5

@jrs She's an ugly one for sure, but still doesnt deserve to be dropped into Fair!
Post 20 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer
Sorry not too familiar with the CBCS system, where does it say that and why is the label not green lol.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_IRON_MAN
@shrewbeer
Sorry not too familiar with the CBCS system, where does it say that and why is the label not green lol.

You can look up the notes for freehere and the grading guidelines here

Green? CGC green label is a fake grade, a "what could have been" grade. I could rant all day about the green label lol. CBCS doesnt do that, they only give the actual grade. 1.5 is legit for a missing coupon, or you could send that book to cgc for a fake 5.0 green lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@drchaos coz you have an incomplete book. Notes say a coupon is missing, that book could look like a 9.8 and stil garner a fair/gd 1.5

@jrs She's an ugly one for sure, but still doesnt deserve to be dropped into Fair!

I never said the grade was wrong, just pointing out that my book looks nicer.

Quote:
@shrewbeer

A note of caution for those not familiar with CBCS.

Unlike CGC, CBCS does not have a separate label for qualified or restored books. When looking at a CBCS book you need to look closely at the label to determine if these defects are present.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Yeah but personally I would never buy a green label and if I had something graded that came back with a green, I's pitch it basically. How are you supposed to tell a coupon is missing? That is rather misleading. All it says is tape on the label.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

And hoe did you get the notes?!

EDIT: OH GOT IT THANKS
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
@shrewbeer

And hoe did you get the notes?!

Notes are free here
clickable text

Type in the code on any book and theyre yours.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer
WOW that is f'ing awesome.....but I still want green label haha.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
@shrewbeer

Yeah but personally I would never buy a green label and if I had something graded that came back with a green, I's pitch it basically. How are you supposed to tell a coupon is missing? That is rather misleading. All it says is tape on the label.

Just like any defect inside a book, you need to either open it or look up the notes. It would be misleading on a 5.0 qualified, but on a book graded "fair/gd 1.5", a missing coupon is perfectly normal and acceptable for that grade.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer

Yes, however, if you are buying a second hand slab (I realise the free notes essentially voids my problem, how are you to know? You can't open the book. I would rather pay up for a nicer 3.0, then have a caca 1.5 missing coupons...
Post 29 IP   flag post
Yeah i would say if you arent ok with missing coupons, never buy anything under a 1.8
Post 30 IP   flag post
601308 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?