Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeQuestions

What is the history of Taskmaster vs.248

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
What is the comic history of Taskmaster vs. Deadpool? What was the comic they first battled within? Great battles? I'm thinking I'm going to attempt a run of them going at one another. Any help would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So I can't help much with their specific history but as someone who likes custom binding my own collections I sometimes find myself wanting to know the answers to questions like "Whatare all the issues where Rogue encounters Carol Danvers?" or "What are all the issues written by Paul Jenkins that feature the Sentr?"

To answer these questions I made a tool that I think you'll find useful. It's a spreadsheet you can find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y3t_9LJyqnuEmHK4IUu2BHdhmxkG52R4Ljch8B75X5c

I made it to work with data from comicbookdb.com

In your case, navigate to comicbookdb.com, do a search for the first character you're interested in, in this case, Deadpool (be aware that they organize different versions separately eg the 616, MAX, and Ultimate versions are all considered different characters. On the characters page click the link that says "View a chronological listing of this character's appearances."

On this page, select the entire list starting from the top of the list (just below the list of "skip to" years. Should start with a month and year). Copy this chunk of data and on the spreadsheet click on cell A2 on the Input sheet.

Next repeat the same steps but paste the next set into B2 on the input page. The tool is currently set up to handle 5000 entries per character which should cover most cases. Give the tool a little bit to finish processing then switch to the Results tab and you should have a list of the books the two lists have in common.

This should be a good starting point for figuring out the books you want. You'll want to do a little bit more research on your own in case, for example, there's a storyline where Deadpool faces the Taskmaster but the Taskmaster himself only appears after the second issue of the storyline, stuff like that.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need help with something. Good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Issue #2 of Deadpool's 1997 series is one of the most memorable encounters between the two.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here is a page from that issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain

You're gonna laugh once I take a picture of something I own once I get it out of storage. Thanks for posting that!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater That is awesome.@dielinfinite That is cool info thanks for sharing. I like the idea of putting together certain storlines, scenarios or encounters like in this case between deadpool and taskmaster. Very interesting.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Soma private msg quote post Address this user
The Agent X comic is a pretty cool storyline imo. Deadpool (maybe dies at the end of his solo book wich also has some cool Deadpool/Taskmaster Teamups)and (maybe) comes back but has completely lost his memory, Taskmaster buddies up with him to help figure junk out and a bunch of cool stuff happens...

Its a weird 15 issue mini series that is kinda a wtf book... and its got a very anime feel to it (being done by the Udon guys)

But it has a pretty fun buddy action flick feel to it.

Id check out the end of Deadpool Vol.1 then Agent X

Also, its the era of THE BEST Taskmaster costume... i wish it would come back... its so awesome.
JUST LOOK AT IT!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Thanks for posting that!

You're welcome! 👍🏻
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago19
@Towmater That is awesome.@dielinfinite That is cool info thanks for sharing. I like the idea of putting together certain storlines, scenarios or encounters like in this case between deadpool and taskmaster. Very interesting.

Thank you. Just an idea I've had and want to see where it ends up.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma

Also, its the era of THE BEST Taskmaster costume... i wish it would come back... its so awesome.
JUST LOOK AT IT!

Modern update to the costume. That would be a good place to start if he ever ends up in a movie or TV show.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:

I dug it out of storage. Bad photo but I think you get the idea...

What are the odds of that? It has been in storage for 7+ years
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Towmater Did you upload the picture? I don't see it on my end for some reason.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Despain I didn't see it at first but it seems to be working now.

@Towmater That is awesome! Congrats!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I see it now! Wow! That's awesome, Towmater!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater That is pretty cool
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Towmater Did you upload the picture? I don't see it on my end for some reason.

It is up when I look at it. That was weird that you posted that picture in your previous post and I just happened to own it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Towmater That is a great piece to own. Yeah. That was a crazy coincidence.
Post 18 IP   flag post
No one draws Deadpool like McGuinness. The way he used to draw figures that were thick is just perfect for Deadpool.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598086 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?