Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeSignatures

Question about Stan Lee signatures2467

Collector henchman21 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I plan on going to C2E2 in McCormick Place in downtown Chicago this April. I would like to know if Stan Lee charges $100 signatures per comic or per visit to his table? I was hoping he would sign some of my silver age comic books. Thanks ahead for any input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$120 per signature. There is no charge to visit his table. You may buy pre-signed collectibles from his staff.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
$120 per signature. There is no charge to visit his table. You may buy pre-signed collectibles from his staff.

In other words, Stan charges one dollar for every year he has been on this planet. Giggity.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thanks for that info. It's a $100 cash according to C2E2 website.

http://www.c2e2.com/Events/Panels-And-Screenings/PA-Search/?kw=Stan%20Lee&startRecord=1#
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
It was $100 per sig last year at the Cincinnati Comic Expo.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
It was $120 or $125 Canadian at fanexpo last year per autograph.

They sell autograph tickets so you'll be waiting in line to buy tickets, then waiting in line to get books signed.

Your best bet is to drop your books off for the private cbcs signing, unless you want to spend a whole lot of time waiting.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
It was $120 or $125 Canadian at fanexpo last year per autograph.

They sell autograph tickets so you'll be waiting in line to buy tickets, then waiting in line to get books signed.

Your best bet is to drop your books off for the private cbcs signing, unless you want to spend a whole lot of time waiting.

Well, it's a $100 USD according to the C2E2 website. And it is worth the wait in line to meet Stan Lee in person as this is probably his last convention visit. One of the comic books I want him to sign is a Dr Strange comic book this sweet green haired 19-year-old bakery girl gave to me at my work last Valentine's Day. I gave her a necklace, iPod to listen to at work, roses, and a chocolate for Valentine's Day. If it's allowed I want to show a video of this sweet girl to Stan Lee and ask if he thinks she's cute. When I get it yellow slabbed by CBCS, I'll show her the comic book she gave to me that it was signed by Stan Lee.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought the Stan Lee VIP package last year plus several additional autographs. Worth every penny in my opinion. Once-in-a-lifetime chance for me. Nice story, but not sure you'll get to show him the video because the line will be insane and they will move you through quickly so as to ensure everyone gets an autograph. Good luck and have fun!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
I bought the Stan Lee VIP package last year plus several additional autographs. Worth every penny in my opinion. Once-in-a-lifetime chance for me. Not sure you'll get to show him the video because the line will be insane and they will move you through quickly so as to ensure everyone gets an autograph. Good luck and have fun!!

Thanks! Figure as much. Maybe I'll impress her when I get my photo taken with Stan Lee.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The price varies I guess? $100-$120. I recommend the VIP package if you have the means.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
The price varies I guess? $100-$120. I recommend the VIP package if you have the means.

I don't see a VIP package for Stan Lee. Only for Frank Miller.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman21
When I get it yellow slabbed by CBCS, I'll show her the comic book she gave to me that it was signed by Stan Lee.

The ONLY way to get a yellow slabbed Stan Lee from CBCS is through a facilitator. If you wait in line at a public signing, it will have to go through the Verification program (red label). IF you get the signature yourself and want to get it verified, DO NOT get the Stan Lee sticker - it could count against your grade. That is, unless it is a reader copy, where the sticker won't effect it much, or if you plan on keeping it and REALLY like stickers,
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
When I get it yellow slabbed by CBCS, I'll show her the comic book she gave to me that it was signed by Stan Lee.

The ONLY way to get a yellow slabbed Stan Lee from CBCS is through a facilitator. If you wait in line at a public signing, it will have to go through the Verification program (red label). IF you get the signature yourself and want to get it verified, DO NOT get the Stan Lee sticker - it could count against your grade. That is, unless it is a reader copy, where the sticker won't effect it much, or if you plan on keeping it and REALLY like stickers,

I can't get a CBCS worker to wait in line with me? What CBCS facilitators do you recommend I get it yellow slabbed and signed by Stan Lee? Would they be at C2E2?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I love hearing people say "But I really want to meet Stan!"

"Meeting" Stan Lee is you standing across a table from him, you'll get to say "Hi Stan, I'm a huge fan of *insert title/character*!" Stan might reply "Thanks!" And he might not even look up at you, and he probably won't shake your hand.

It's like a line of cattle being led slaughter. You'll wait a long time for your turn and when you get there it's quick and painless. You'll literally get to "meet" him for as long as it takes to sing your book or books and then you'll be moved a long.

VIP packages are your best bet if you're hoping to possibly get the chance to interact with him.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Trinity Comics - Matt Saltzman - is the facilitator for the private Stan Lee signing at C2E2. I'm not sure if you can drop them off at the CBCS booth (which will be at the rooftop of Reggie's) or if you have to mail it to him. I'll see if I can find an answer.
Post 15 IP   flag post
And no, CBCS witnesses cannot witness at public signings for Stan Lee and Todd McFarlane. I think there is one or two more also. These creators work the same way with CGC.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just bumped the C2E2 Stan Lee post. There is a link to Trinity on the bottom.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

"Meeting" Stan Lee is you standing across a table from him, you'll get to say "Hi Stan, I'm a huge fan of *insert title/character*!" Stan might reply "Thanks!" And he might not even look up at you, and he probably won't shake your hand.

It's like a line of cattle being led slaughter. You'll wait a long time for your turn and when you get there it's quick and painless. You'll literally get to "meet" him for as long as it takes to sing your book or books and then you'll be moved a long.

VIP packages are your best bet if you're hoping to possibly get the chance to interact with him.

I said before in my previous post. There is no Stan Lee VIP package at C2E2! Only Frank Miller and they are sold out. The regular C2E2 VIP package is sold out. I think they they were sold out within a month after they were offered at the site. I do plan on paying a photo op with Stan Lee.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Trinity Comics - Matt Saltzman - is the facilitator for the private Stan Lee signing at C2E2. I'm not sure if you can drop them off at the CBCS booth (which will be at the rooftop of Reggie's) or if you have to mail it to him. I'll see if I can find an answer.

Thanks for that info. I'll look up his services in google!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Facebook is actually your best bet.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I personally vouch for Matt @TrinityComics I've sent him some of my most precious books to get him in private signings. You can count on him to get it done, and done in 9.8 or better too
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I said before in my previous post. There is no Stan Lee VIP package at C2E2! Only Frank Miller and they are sold out. The regular C2E2 VIP package is sold out. I think they they were sold out within a month after they were offered at the site. I do plan on paying a photo op with Stan Lee.

They might add a VIP package for Stan closer to the event weekend. You could always reach out to the C2E2 customer service and say you'd be interested in a VIP package and ask if they have any plans of offering one.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I just hate hearing about people being disappointed because they didn't know what to expect.

Here's Trinity's website too
http://www.trinity-comics.com
Post 22 IP   flag post
Also, try to get him in the morning. When he's tired he switches hands and his signature is hardly recognizable.

or, he might smudge it, too!

Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. I don't do Facebook for privacy reasons and I don't like Zuckerberg. The only social media I do is Instagram and YouTube.

source: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
I personally vouch for Matt @TrinityComics I've sent him some of my most precious books to get him in private signings. You can count on him to get it done, and done in 9.8 or better too

I believe you. I'll contact him from there such as if he has a booth.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They might add a VIP package for Stan closer to the event weekend. You could always reach out to the C2E2 customer service and say you'd be interested in a VIP package and ask if they have any plans of offering one.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I just hate hearing about people being disappointed because they didn't know what to expect.

Thanks. I can believe in the scenario in your previous post since he is a major public figure and I am a just some plebeian comic collector and a lowly parking lot captain a.k.a. grocery cart pusher. However, I don't think I can get those C2E2 VIP tickets. If they're sold out, they're sold out. I buy my C2E2 tickets at my comic book store, Graham Cracker Comics.

Also I don't think Stan Lee was listed as one of the major celebrities at C2E2 yet when the VIP tickets were first offered this year. And I wasn't sure if he would be in either C2E2 or Wizard World Chicago in Rosemont, IL. Then I read news that this is last year of his convention appearance.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. I can believe in the scenario in your previous post since he is a major public figure and I am a just some plebeian comic collector and a lowly parking lot captain a.k.a. grocery cart pusher. However, I don't think I can get those C2E2 VIP tickets. If they're sold out, they're sold out. I buy my C2E2 tickets at my comic book store, Graham Cracker Comics.

Also I don't think Stan Lee was listed as one of the major celebrities at C2E2 yet when the VIP tickets were first offered this year. And I wasn't sure if he would be in either C2E2 or Wizard World Chicago in Rosemont, IL. Then I read news that this is last year of his convention appearance.

If you were looking for a VIP pass to the show and they have sold out online, check kijiji, Craigslist or any local buy and sell sites, you might luck out and find someone who can't go and wants to sell.

As for being a "plebeian comic collector", don't sell yourself short! We're all just a bunch of losers in one way or another. But these weekends are OUR TIME to embrace that! Let your freak flag fly.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Amen, brother.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. I don't do Facebook for privacy reasons and I don't like Zuckerberg. The only social media I do is Instagram and YouTube.

source: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg

...I'm partial to my_space....

:o)

Aaahhh...the loneliness.....where did everybody go?

LOL
Post 29 IP   flag post
598060 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?