Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Favorite music from Comic Adaptations2405

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Burton's Batman films and the Animated series it inspired played a huge part of my childhood and a major part of that was the music composed in them. When listening o my favorites, I can picture the exact scenes from the movie where they played.

I wanted to share some of my favorites and ask everyone to share their favorite pieces of music from comic adaptations, old and new, film and tv (and cideo games, even), but let's stick to music produced for the adaptation and not licensed music the film may have used.

Elfman's Batman Theme is so iconic, but I love how he built on it for Batman Returns in Birth of the Penguin

As the movie approaches its climax, Elfman treats us to a lengthy Final Confrontation as the Penguin prepares to unleash his wrath on Gotham and Batman swoops in to the rescue. (Here's part 1 of 2)

A more recent favorite but it's Danny Elfman again, this time with his rocking theme song for Wanted, The Little Things
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man Theme

Aerosmith

Live version

Ramones

Kick-ass Fight Scene - Omen by Prodigy

Who said it better, Tony Stark or Black Sabbath

Movie clip

Full song from Black Sabbath music video

Spawn - One Man Army by Prodigy

Crow 2 - City of Angels - Gold Dust Woman (Hole Cover)

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it is campy, but it is the Batman Theme everyone knows from my generation -

Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
From Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hit Girl (who was and is the original preteen girl badass on film - sorry, X-23) Hallway shootout

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts' Bad Reputation (song starts at about the 0:35 mark)

Oh, it is licensed for the film but what other song would you use for Hit Girl? There isn't one.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Batman and Spider Man are already up so I'll go with these.

https://youtu.be/rccD1EWenio

https://youtu.be/nx2JdJhAL94?t=6
Post 7 IP   flag post
The movie isn't out yet but we got a taste of it in BvS.

Wonder Woman's New Theme Song
Post 8 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy The Incredible Hulk theme song The Lonely Man is just perfect for the trials duality causes the character.
Post 9 IP   flag post
This thread could use a little Prince (RIP)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Oh, it is licensed for the film but what other song would you use for Hit Girl?
I guess we can put that aside as long as the song is put in the proper context (eg try to include a video with the adaptation)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I love the music used in the bank robbery scene at the beginning of the Dark Knight. It sounds great with all the house speakers on. It is intense.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Another favorite from my childhood

Also, the openings to the Japanese localization were great, though I didn't see these until recently:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@VaComicsGuy The Incredible Hulk theme song The Lonely Man is just perfect for the trials duality causes the character.

I don't think they could have done a better job with that one.
But, Wonder Woman had better visuals.
Post 13 IP   flag post
two more great ones- Not movies but great TV shows

https://youtu.be/K7zNY0I5JNI

https://youtu.be/4Wd6IuVya4M
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Batman Animated series intro theme is an absolute classic!

I love how the New Batman/Superman Adventures theme mixes the dark and brooding attitude of Batman with the heroic and optimistic tone of Superman

Finally, from the criminally under-exposed Mask of the Phantasm (seriously this has to be one of the top 5 Batman movies so why hasn't it gotten a blu-ray release or at least a decent dvd?!)
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Tank Girl has a great soundtrack. Ghostbusters 1 and 2 have great soundtracks. The Back to the Future soundtrack is great as well.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Tank Girl has a great soundtrack. Ghostbusters 1 and 2 have great soundtracks. The Back to the Future soundtrack is great as well.

Tank Girl has an amazing soundtrack.

Courtney Love was the music director.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Beginning is the End is the Beginning helped make the first Watchmen something I had to rewatch over and over and still love to this day

Interestingly, this song (and the original version it's based on, The End is the Beginning is the End) were written for th Batman Forever soundtrack which, despite being a horrible movie, had a damn good album.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I just started rewatching this on Hulu. It's a major part of my childhood and, along with the Batman and X-Men series, got me into comics at a young age!

Post 19 IP   flag post
I just saw this on Facebook and decided to share it here instead of making a new thread.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
The entire soundtrack to Heavy Metal the movie...there's some kind connection to comics in there
Post 21 IP   flag post
598080 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?