CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASP

Sketch Covers... Sketch Covers Everywhere24

Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJr
The question I have is, how do you submit your commissioned blank covers through CBCS to get them verified? I just had like 14 done this past weekend at the Amazing Las Vegas Con and want to get them encased.















Nice line of comics. That Powergirl you got is that Jon Hughes from Overground Comics that drew that?
Post 151 • IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Both covers done by Bill Galvan. The second one is also signed by Don Shanks who played Michael Myers in Halloween 5





Post 152 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@cseale0223 Those are pretty sweet!!
Post 153 • IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@cseale0223 Those are pretty sweet!!


Thanks I think I'm going to have him do a Saw one for me and probably one more. Just need to decide what other horror movie I want.
Post 154 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe have Betty or Veronica visited by this guy ...




or maybe with this doll in their collection ...




I can just see Chucky visiting a sleepover at the Lodge's mansion!! LOL
Post 155 • IP   flag post


Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Maybe have Betty or Veronica visited by this guy ...




or maybe with this doll in their collection ...




I can just see Chucky visiting a sleepover at the Lodge's mansion!! LOL


I was thinking of having him doing one with Betty and Veronica in a room and the Saw guy on the TV. He did one with Chucky with I think Midge and Moose taking him home from a carnival.

My brother is having him do one of Leatherface chasing Veronica and then the shower scene from pyscho.
Post 156 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
My brother is having him do one of Leatherface chasing Veronica and then the shower scene from pyscho.


I'd LOVE to see these when they are done!!
Post 157 • IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
My brother is having him do one of Leatherface chasing Veronica and then the shower scene from pyscho.


I'd LOVE to see these when they are done!!


I'll have to get him to start posting here but if he doesn't I'll post them.
Post 158 • IP   flag post
Collector RayJr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJr
The question I have is, how do you submit your commissioned blank covers through CBCS to get them verified? I just had like 14 done this past weekend at the Amazing Las Vegas Con and want to get them encased.















Nice line of comics. That Powergirl you got is that Jon Hughes from Overground Comics that drew that?


Yes, that is the same John Hughes. He is a real cool dude to talk to.
Post 159 • IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Thats Awesome yeah I have bought some prints from him and really love his comics as well. Saw him at Dallas Fan Expo this month and bought an original art from Plus Ultra and he is doing a commission for me on Absent Captain bkank of Insight
Post 160 • IP   flag post
Collector RayJr private msg quote post Address this user
No shit? That is where he did my sketch at lol. I was there with my homeboy. We are called Comic Book Fanatics. We are on Facebook if you want to come join and talk about comics.
Post 161 • IP   flag post
Collector luckroy private msg quote post Address this user



Got this for last month's blindbox variant
Post 162 • IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user



Just bought this! Lovvvveeee the art!
Post 163 • IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the Spider-Man sketch I got from JG Jones at Wizard World Philadelphia is being added to the CBCS Gallery. I have to admit this is one of the nicest sketches I've ever gotten at an event.
Post 164 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@QuantumTunnelRat Gorgeous!
Post 165 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I just got this scan from the artist. The book's going on to CBCS so I won't see it in person for a while:

Post 166 • IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite that is an awesome cover there. Very nice and must say congratulations on getting this commission sketched. I have one sent to CBCS that is in the art yellow label and have pictures but won't put up till i get it in. The artist told me that her camera does no Justice for the cover. Plus getting two more this weekend at a local con so yeah.
Post 167 • IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
That JG Jones piece is awesome!!
Post 168 • IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
Had this one done by Greg Smallwood earlier this year. Love his work!


Post 169 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by samediarchon
Had this one done by Greg Smallwood earlier this year. Love his work!



Very nice. Punisher is one of my favorites. Where did you get it done?
Post 170 • IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino_013
That JG Jones piece is awesome!!


Thanks! It's actually been added to the CBCS Gallery. That scan comes directly from the "grading" notes (no notes since it's ART label, but it still get's a "notes" page)
Post 171 • IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
At a small comic con in Lawrence, KS.
Post 172 • IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this. Anyone else get any new sketch covers? Anybody have a scarlet spider sketch cover?
Post 173 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I got this at SDCC from Stuart Sayger

Post 174 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I had Billy Tucci add Nick Fury and the Winter Soldier to the Cap and Punisher I had him do on the front last year. I love that thar Fury, Castle, and Rogers all have real military insignia with Fury and Castle as Sergeants (technically Castle rose up to Captain) and Rogers has Captain's bars.


Post 175 • IP   flag post
Collector Wreq27 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up these 3 today
Whilce Portacio



Michael Golden



John Lucas
Post 176 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Wreq27 I love that Deadpool!
Post 177 • IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Wreq27 I love that Deadpool!
That is sick!
Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I had Billy Tucci add Nick Fury and the Winter Soldier to the Cap and Punisher I had him do on the front last year. I love that thar Fury, Castle, and Rogers all have real military insignia with Fury and Castle as Sergeants (technically Castle rose up to Captain) and Rogers has Captain's bars.




WOW that's nice. You need to post that in the favorite covers thread.
Post 179 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy Thank you! I really like this one but so far I've been using the favorite covers thread for published covers and posting sketch covers in here.

I really like this one though. It started off with Cap and Punisher last year then after reading Garth Ennis' Fury stuff I wanted to add him. So I have him add Nick to the book early at SDCC this year and I see there's a perfect amount of space for one more character. I couldn't think of who else to add but the Winter Soldier. I almost waited till next year but I figured it was better to get it done so I could start a new project next year.
Post 180 • IP   flag post
657131 499 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?