Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASP

Sketch Covers... Sketch Covers Everywhere24

Collector The_navigator4 private msg quote post Address this user

Spider-Gwen cosplay by Eve Beauregard and art by Tomas Overbai. Does anyone know if I submit this book to get encapsulated?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Spiderman and Friends by Sam De La Rosa

Post 127 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGawthrope
My first sketch cover ever - Silver Centurion Iron Man by Bob Layton. It was all uphill here for my collection (and downhill for my bank account.)

you started out well!
Post 129 IP   flag post

latest one out getting graded done by steve kurth
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector Beamer private msg quote post Address this user

Got this during ECCC. All artists that sketched are in one way have been involved with the Superman storyline all these years. And it's a 9.8
Post 131 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 132 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That Spider-Woman turned out nice.
Post 133 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! In that case, the Bart Sears sketch art was printed on the book (with JRJR sketch printed on the back). I found an artist to color it with copics and do the Spider-Gwen sketch.

This is how the book normally looks. He may not have drawn it but the coloring certainly adds a lot to the book:

Post 134 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I remember the conversation well.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Most of my sketches are in sketchbooks, but here is a Dark Avengers #1 blank variant that I had Bob Layton do a quick Iron Man for me and then had Bendis sign it as well. Big fan of Iron Man, loved Layton's work on it back in the 80's. Super nice guy too!

Post 136 IP   flag post
Question for the forum.... On my invoice for one of my sketches it says signed and sketched by arvell jones; on another it just says signed by katie cook and andy price (my daughters first sketch/painted cover) i want it to come out right. is this normal to see and it will ultimately say and sketched by, or do i need to bother customer service more than i already do?
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Soma private msg quote post Address this user
This is the reason i go to comic-cons. I find myself drawn to artist-alley or the artists booths. its where i spend most of my time, hanging out, talking to industry friends and veteran artists. Sketch Covers (and sketches in general) are what i live for.

Heres a few more:
Eric Canete is one of my favorite Iron Man artists... I just love his design and style.

Francisco Herrera

Oliver Nome (me and him have a tradition, we try and get an X-force sketch done every year at SDCC, but Its been hard lately due to him having brain cancer. I treasure these so much.)

Edgar Delgado

Braden D. Lamb
Shelli Paroline
Ryan North

Dustin Nguyen

Got these done for my Wife
Billy Tan

Joe Benitez

Katie Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
on another it just says signed by katie cook and andy price (my daughters first sketch/painted cover) i want it to come out right. is this normal to see and it will ultimately say and sketched by, or do i need to bother customer service more than i already do?

Hey i just got my wife a graded painted cover from them XD

Mine says "signed and sketched by Katie Cook and Andy Price" but thats CGC... dunno how CBCS is supposed to read.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector sluggo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector Awax private msg quote post Address this user

Post 140 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Diva private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awax

Dude that cover is sick!! Love it.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Diva private msg quote post Address this user
My commissions from Emerald City Comic Con 2016

I love them all!!!!

Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
My 2 favorites, both done by Brian Lopez Santos. The Weapon X was acquired from a Kickstarter campaign. After I got that, I commissioned him to do his take on Spidey's view from the ASM 346 cover. You can see a bunch of his work on his site: www.b2rianls.com. Check it out when you have a minute, he does some great work.

Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't commission these but they were too cool to pass up.

Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Helric1 Both are very nice!
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector RayJr private msg quote post Address this user
The question I have is, how do you submit your commissioned blank covers through CBCS to get them verified? I just had like 14 done this past weekend at the Amazing Las Vegas Con and want to get them encased.

Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these two sketches done at MegaCon a couple weeks ago by newcomer, Daniel Dulitzsky. I love seeing new, unknown talent on display!

Post 147 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJr
The question I have is, how do you submit your commissioned blank covers through CBCS to get them verified? I just had like 14 done this past weekend at the Amazing Las Vegas Con and want to get them encased.

Just check "verify" on the submission form. It will cost $25 each (as long as there is just one signature each comic). You can choose to have the comic graded, or just go for the Art label. Both labels will be red and it will state that the signature has been verified.
Post 148 IP   flag post
VSP is cool; although next time, if you can, hunt down a cbcs AW to pick them up with you. It will come back yellow (matters to some people; I personally trust VSP and have both labels)
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector Wreq27 private msg quote post Address this user
Tony Moore

Buzz

Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJr

Nice line of comics. That Powergirl you got is that Jon Hughes from Overground Comics that drew that?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Both covers done by Bill Galvan. The second one is also signed by Don Shanks who played Michael Myers in Halloween 5

Post 152 IP   flag post
@cseale0223 Those are pretty sweet!!
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@cseale0223 Those are pretty sweet!!

Thanks I think I'm going to have him do a Saw one for me and probably one more. Just need to decide what other horror movie I want.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Maybe have Betty or Veronica visited by this guy ...

or maybe with this doll in their collection ...

I can just see Chucky visiting a sleepover at the Lodge's mansion!! LOL
Post 155 IP   flag post
600465 499 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?