Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureSignatures

BTTF #1 ZBox Edition, signed by Cast2347

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I realllllllllllllly want this book. But, I want an accurate price point. I'm not for sure how much these legendary actors charge for signatures at cons. This guy is the only guy on ebay selling the fabled zbox chase variant edition, which features the Gray's Sports Almanac cover from BTTF 2. This variant cover is "worth" $50 at comicbookrealm.com

This book has been on ebay for months for $2,000 and now he's selling at half price the last few months. He won't budge past $900.

SOLD! http://ebay.to/2mOm6rY

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
It's likely the only one existing with all those sigs. Tough call. I'd be willing to go as high as $500 personally. Ultimately, though, it's gonna be whatever price can pry dude's hands off of it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
What I don't get is why did they label it "Back to the Future #1", when it is clearly "Grays Sports Almanac".

It would have been much more appealing to the eye if they used the title of the book and then listed "Prop replica from BTTF 2".

This is one thing that I think CGC and CBCS and others need to improve upon - the accuracy and clarity of the label as it pertains to the book.

Another example is Valiant's "Visitor vs. the Valiant Universe #1".
- 1st appearance of the Visitor, but it is nowhere on the label. Shoot - I had to request them to relabel it, just to have the "$2.50 Newsstand Edition" added to the label. But still nothing on printing the 1st appearance info.

Why not? Isn't the cook "good" enough to be acknowledged as its first appearance?

Other books usually include this detail, is Valiant the "black sheep" now?

:o)
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No the book is 2015 IDW Back to the Future #1. The Gray's Sports Almanac cover is a variant cover, much like the popular action figure covers or hip hop variants. It's not a movie prop replica, but then again, it kinda is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
No the book is 2015 IDW Back to the Future #1. The Gray's Sports Almanac cover is a variant cover, much like the popular action figure covers or hip hop variants. It's not a movie prop replica, but then again, it kinda is.

What he said.
Post 5 IP   flag post
wow I just realized the irony and cool factor of how it's 2015 from the year produced, and coincides with Biff's alternate 2015 plotline in the BTTF 2 movie.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hmmm...okay....I didn't know this, but now looking at the "IDW" page, I see it.

Interesting.

Thanks DL.
Post 7 IP   flag post
...and KaptMyke....
Post 8 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Btw, thanks. I didn't even know this variant existed. I need to track a copy down to with my Replica Vampire's Everywhere from Lost Boys.
Post 9 IP   flag post
He won't even take $800? Why even offer "Or best offer" ? ARG
Post 10 IP   flag post
why am I having such a hard time convincing myself to pay $900? I've dropped $2,400 on a single Turtle playset before.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
why am I having such a hard time convincing myself to pay $900? I've dropped $2,400 on a single Turtle playset before.

Uhm....I have a hard time dropping $15.00 for a book.

One day I will be able to drop $50.00 or even more, but for now, I'll continue saving my pennies.

Post 12 IP   flag post
I might be able to get BOB GALE to sign it as well
Post 13 IP   flag post
How long ago did he price drop? He probably is just holding out to see what happens.
Post 14 IP   flag post
last 2 ending BINs he dropped to 50% honestly it's a $900-$1000 book all day long
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Had the same thought about a book not too long ago… but someone bought it while I was negotiating the best offer and procrastinating. Once I realized I could no longer buy this thing, I then realized I would be more than happy to pay the buyer more than what he just paid for it, and well over what I was trying to negotiate it for 😁
Post 16 IP   flag post
what?

Post 17 IP   flag post
Man I need to find an unsigned copy of this! There's no other copies on eBay.
Post 18 IP   flag post
You won't find a copy of this variant anywhere. I've been looking for 2 years.
Post 19 IP   flag post
If only, you were a zbox member, if only you had the code, and if only you had the back to the future box, only THEN could you get the variant as a free comic surprise in your zbox monthly subscription box for that month.
Post 20 IP   flag post
what's funny is if you search hard enough on google, people COMPLAINED about this just being a normal comic book with the variant cover on it. OH THE HUMANMANTEES AND IRONING
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
You won't find a copy of this variant anywhere. I've been looking for 2 years.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Time for a new DarthLego Bounty thread.

Post 23 IP   flag post
I challenge you to find a copy before me. That includes this one, brah
Post 24 IP   flag post
A gentlemen's bet of $5.
Post 25 IP   flag post
So if I buy this copy I win $5?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm implying if I buy it I win the $5.

Post 27 IP   flag post
MY GOD

DENIED THE OFFER OF $850 HOW DARE THEM

Post 28 IP   flag post
Offer $851
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Abrowncoat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
wow I just realized the irony and cool factor of how it's 2015 from the year produced, and coincides with Biff's alternate 2015 plotline in the BTTF 2 movie.

This book actually came out on the exact day Marty was supposed to have traveled to in BTTF 2.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597868 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?