Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Here is a personal favourite

Class action lawsuit anyone?
That's my book. My ex partner has it, and told me it looked bad. I didn't realize how bad..

Hope you don't mind I put the pic on here.

How long did it take for it to fold in like that?
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector Treco private msg quote post Address this user
Please forgive my ignorance and laziness ( I don't feel like combing through pages of posts to find this answer) but, why did CGC change the slab design in the first place?
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Several reasons.

1. The company making the Barex for the inner well went out of business. So they needed to do a redesign

2. The old case had problems with shaken comics so they wanted to fix that when they redesigned the holder

3. Because CBCS came out with a better holder and CGC needed to step up their game.

Unfortunately, they failed horribly.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Treco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Several reasons.

1. The company making the Barex for the inner well went out of business. So they needed to do a redesign

2. The old case had problems with shaken comics so they wanted to fix that when they redesigned the holder

3. Because CBCS came out with a better holder and CGC needed to step up their game.

Unfortunately, they failed horribly.

Thanks for the answers. I've tried to keep up with this side of the conversation. I've avoided the talk across the hall for the most part. It seems to me that things have been calmer here. Thankfully.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's my book. My ex partner has it, and told me it looked bad. I didn't realize how bad..

We didn't pay attention when we received the books from cgc, once the issue arose and we actually looked at them again, we noticed. Additionally the book was on eBay since received in (April?) and the initial pictures don't show this. But I have books from May and June that are all getting waves and none of these books are pressed
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We didn't pay attention when we received the books from cgc, once the issue arose and we actually looked at them again, we noticed. Additionally the book was on eBay since received in (April?) and the initial pictures don't show this. But I have books from May and June that are all getting waves and none of these books are pressed

Another unfortunate example.
Post 482 IP   flag post
My spiderman 64 cgc 9.4 getting a bit warped

Post 483 IP   flag post
Another pic
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user

Hard to see from the pic, however this "9.8" is definitely NOT now. I got it back and there was stress on the staples. I decided to leave it and see what happens, well now it is wavy! Safe to say I was already a solid CBCS customer because of their amazing personal customer service,now with this garbage there definitely is no swaying me!
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
And to think there are people on the CGC forum right now saying this is nothing but a few people making much to do about nothing.

It's crazy.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
I like how some people chose to stay with the new case, but say their keeper books are going through CBCS.

Like it's not good enough for their personal collection, but it's alright to sell garbage to other people.

I also like how some people can't even see the problem with this.

Like is the wrong word. Disgusted with is more accurate
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
I like how some people chose to stay with the new case, but say their keeper books are going through CBCS.

Like it's not good enough for their personal collection, but it's alright to sell garbage to other people.

Books that I want to sell now - send to CGC because of the perceived price difference between CGC and CBCS - to maximise cash.

Books that are keepers - send to CBCS for superior customer service and a generally more pleasant experience.

Nothing disgusting about it.
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Books that I want to sell now - send to CGC because of the perceived price difference between CGC and CBCS - to maximise cash.

I find it hard to believe any CGC comic in the new holder will get a higher price than a CBCS equivalent. Or am I missing something?
Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio

I find it hard to believe any CGC comic in the new holder will get a higher price than a CBCS equivalent. Or am I missing something?

I also think the new CGC holder will bring parity among CBCS and CGC; but others might not perceive the same (until the evidence shows it). I suspect not all collectors follow the drama so closely.
Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I'm reading many comments to the tune that CGC will not redesign their holder. Can this be true??

Suicide.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:

Books that are keepers - send to CBCS for superior customer service and a generally more pleasant experience.

Are you offering refunds if books are damaged by the CGC case?
Post 492 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Another pic

Ouch! This new case appears to still be floating in the bowl instead of circling the drain.
Post 493 IP   flag post
I am currently speaking with someone that works for CGC about the new case and the implemented fixes.

Once I get some data, I will share
Post 494 IP   flag post
Not holding my breath though. While my sense isn't all there, suffocation doesn't sound like a good time
Post 495 IP   flag post
In the meantime, goats...

Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio
Quote:

Are you offering refunds if books are damaged by the CGC case?

I have a feeling CBCS is gonna be worth more very soon. Already is to me; I'd take a PGX before CGC now
Post 497 IP   flag post
Quote:
I am currently speaking with someone that works for CGC about the new case and the implemented fixes.

Any word?
Post 498 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Any word?

No. And to be honest, I'm not expecting any. I think the whole contact was more or less just an attempt to make me feel bad.

It worked, but it doesn't affect my common sense. I'd still like some answers as to what the actual fix for the excessive pressure on the books are.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Any word?

No. And to be honest, I'm not expecting any. I think the whole contact was more or less just an attempt to make me feel bad.

It worked, but it doesn't affect my common sense. I'd still like some answers as to what the actual fix for the excessive pressure on the books are.

Thanks for letting me know. CGC seems to be short on answers these days, and the answers that are given, vary from one employee to the next.
Post 500 IP   flag post
598086 500 25