Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Reviews of IRON FIST coming in, not good...2304

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

I guess that's why I subconsciously dropped out of Luke Cage after ep 3.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
The trailer I saw left me kind of...meh...as did Danny Rand w/a beard. Love Iron Fist and I'm pulling for the show.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
THR said it was pretty bad as well. It a shame, I was looking forward to the show. That said, I will still watch it and formulate my own opinion
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
True. You never know unless you watch it or not if you're gonna like it. Frequently I disagree with reviews or "mainstream" opinion. I prefer a lot of independent and foreign films myself over bandwagon movies. But choreography, music, and acting dialogue are paramount over anything else. Otherwise what you are left with is a disconnect from the audience and the craft.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector sugarman private msg quote post Address this user
i don't bother reading reviews. i'll watch an episode or two before leaving for Cuba, and if i'm still interested, watch when i get back. i've liked everything so far that marvel has put up on netflix, but, i'm not critical. these are comic book adaptations after all, and should be easy watching.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

I guess that's why I subconsciously dropped out of Luke Cage after ep 3.

Dammit. I was afraid of this after seeing the shit trailer.

Well you made it 2 episodes farther than I did watching Luke Cage lol we'll see how this one goes
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke @shrewbeer You guys DIDN'T like Luke Cage? I thought it was great and more interesting than season 1 of Daredevil. What did you guys think of Jessica Jones?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Jessica Jones...I wasn't asked directly but I've chosen to respond.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Darkga I got sick of Daredevil fast, especially when that poor excuse for a Punisher showed up.

Liked JJ, AND liked Luke in JJ!I only watched 1 ep of Luke, if you're saying it was good maybe I'll give it another try sometime
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer How come you didn't like Punisher?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
WHAT??? I thought Jon Bernthal was a great Punisher!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I loved JJ. DD was okay for the few episodes I watched.

Saw the trailer for IF and I was less than impressed, but trailers can be deceiving. I've also learned to judge a show by its pilot. Things can change drastically between episode 1 and 2.

I'll give it a go for 3 episodes before making up my mind.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle private msg quote post Address this user
This is why opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks!

I can't wait for Daredevil Season 3, and I stopped watching Luke Cage halfway through episode 2, but that's my opinion.

I also like strawberry AND vanilla ice cream. I also listen to Abba AND Led Zeppelin. I also watch the new Star Wars AND Star Trek movies--ohhhh?!?!

Why is there this insistence on hearing reviews? Who cares? Make up your own mind and live with it! Really somebody else telling you it's not worthwhile is going to change your mind? I don't get it?

Jay
Post 13 IP   flag post
Whether you agree to a review or not, bad choreography is still bad choreography. I loved Daredevil but kept thinking to myself it needs more Punisher and Karen.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight

You know how sometimes you see someone, and even though you know nothing about them, they just have that I-dont-trust-this-guy-and-feel-the-urge-to-punch-them look? No? Well he was one of those guys for me lol

Kinda like this guy.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCastle
This is why opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks!

I can't wait for Daredevil Season 3, and I stopped watching Luke Cage halfway through episode 2, but that's my opinion.

I also like strawberry AND vanilla ice cream. I also listen to Abba AND Led Zeppelin. I also watch the new Star Wars AND Star Trek movies--ohhhh?!?!

Why is there this insistence on hearing reviews? Who cares? Make up your own mind and live with it! Really somebody else telling you it's not worthwhile is going to change your mind? I don't get it?

Jay

Coz this is a forum, a place for people to share opinion and discussion?

Are you angry at the thread, or at outside web reviews, or both?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga I liked Jessica Jones a lot. The story was awesome and had the best villian with Killgrave. Here is my Netflix list in order of best to last. 1. Daredevil season 2, Jessica Jones, Daredevil season 1 then Luke Cage. Overall I likes them all though. Netflix ( I give a thumbs up) šŸ˜ˆ
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight

You know how sometimes you see someone, and even though you know nothing about them, they just have that I-dont-trust-this-guy-and-feel-the-urge-to-punch-them look? No? Well he was one of those guys for me lol

Kinda like this guy.

Must.....resist....urge to punch..monitor.....
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Jay

Reviews are used by speculators to find out if the market might rise for future sales or if the books are to be dumped before the show airs.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle private msg quote post Address this user
Oh I'm not angry at anybody about anything. The first post actually wasn't an opinion from one of us though, it was a link to one of the outside turds of society. Another failed writer perhaps? A failed journalist? If everybody who ever tried to make it in their respective fields actually made it, we wouldn't have those 'bottom feeder' sites around. I'm on these boards because I appreciate the opinions of those around me, on top of all being CBCS fans (which gives us something in common from the get-go). To me though, to flame a show before it's even aired? Makes zero sense, and not worthy of a forum EXCEPT (as SpiderTim notes), for speculative circumstances. But that bird has flown, time to buy was 2016 anyways...

As a TV show though, let's give it a chance. And Shrewbeer, as you can tell by my handle, I love ol Frankie. I think good ol 'Shane Walsh' did him justice, might be worth re-visiting.

Jay
Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I've found most movie reviews over the years to be just as much fake news as CNN. They will turd on good movies just for click bait, then they will overlook the obvious flaws of other movies for whatever reason and praise their glory. I've learned to only trust my eyes when it comes to entertainment assessment, which is even more subjective than comic grading. Hmm, maybe CBCS should start grading movies? They could knock Rotten Tomatoes off their pedestal.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I got the article from so-called Google News
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think good ol 'Shane Walsh' did him justice, might be worth re-visiting

If I run out of other good material, maybe I'll do that. I jumped ship on daredevil and LC pretty quick. Suppose its *possible that I might like it if given more of a chance
Post 23 IP   flag post
http://deadline.com/2017/03/iron-fist-review-marvel-jessica-henwick-finn-jones-rosario-dawson-netflix-video-1202038612/

Excerpt:
"After a strong run on Netflix with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, Marvel has its first stumble of sorts with Iron Fist. However, for all the shortcomings of the March 17-launching martial arts series, there is real muscle to be found in the performances of Jessica Henwick and Rosario Dawson."
Post 24 IP   flag post
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-iron-fist-tv-series-is-the-marvel-and-netlfixs-firs-1793093781

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizModo.com

Snippet: Thereā€™s a critical concept with the Marvel Netflix shows often referred to as ā€œthe wallā€ā€”the moment where, about two-thirds of the way through their season, they slam the brakes on the pacing and stakes and preamble for a bit, mostly before pulling it together in the finale. Iron Fist starts by hitting that wall, and has enough problems that I donā€™t think itā€™ll ever get past it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
WHAT??? I thought Jon Bernthal was a great Punisher!
Best Punisher so far!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
Is this now on Netflix?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicdey
Is this now on Netflix?

Not yet, they released a few episodes to select folks for review
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think the 17th is the official release date on Netflix.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Don't think we'll be getting more than one season of Luke cage or iron fist. Don't be surprised if they keep those two on the defenders and have them show
up as regulars in the other two series.

Luke Cage was ok but didn't do nearly as well as they hoped and Iron Fist has been getting bad press almost since the beggining. I'd bet money we won't get more than another season of Jessica jones either if season two doesn't do as well as season 1
Post 30 IP   flag post
598087 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?