Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help Needed

Grading Videos2299

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone else seen these? Links Below. I found them really interesting and CGC explains in detail how they assign grades based on the topic. I was very interested in the tanning explanation; a certain level of tanning can top out the grade at 6.0, 3.0, etc. no matter the other defects. I love this sort of transparency on the grading process. Looks like they just started making this video series last month.

Fingerprints

Tanning

Tape

Rusty Staples

Spine Stress
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I lol'd at the red disclaimer on the tanning video, that was a nice touch.

Exact grading standards should be completely transparent to the public. Although its not very much, these videos are at least something

I really dont understand why the grading charts both companies use have to be so secretive. Looking forward to the day they are made public, but at least cgc is stepping in the right direction 👌🏻
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa I watched a couple of them about 2 weeks ago. I thought they were pretty good. I will have to watch the other ones.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
They are a step in the right direction but for those that know about the subject the videos are too short and could include more information.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim I agree. They could be more detailed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
What I would like to see is a video of a book actually being graded. A step by step presentation with narration by each grader from the time they first see the book from restoration check to the final grade determination.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam That would be awesome
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
That is as secret as the pancake recipe
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
What I would like to see is a video of a book actually being graded. A step by step presentation with narration by each grader from the time they first see the book from restoration check to the final grade determination.

Wouldn't we all? lol. That will surely NEVER happen! lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
596790 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?