Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Fed Ex Ground S*cks Donkey B*lls2257

Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
So I took today off to wait and sign for my CBCS package. Waited all day for Fed Ex Ground. I decided to check the tracking and it says that my package was attempted delivery at 1:18 pm... We have a large front window where I was sitting all day waiting. Fed Ex drove by twice but never stopped let alone came to the door. The driver flat out lied. I told customer service that there wasn't even a redeliver tag on the door. This is the second time this driver has done this to me.. I guess I'll be using UPS from CBCS from now on. So frustrating, lost time for work and wasted a personal day..arrgh!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Once you get notification that it has shipped, you can re-route it to the most convenient FedEx station near you where you can stop in over lunch or after work and pick up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskershawn69
Once you get notification that it has shipped, you can re-route it to the most convenient FedEx station near you where you can stop in over lunch or after work and pick up.
Yeah this is what I do I usually get it the same day it would have been delivered.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskershawn69

ah, I didn't know that. Thank You!
Post 4 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
My FedEx guy gave me his personal number. Calls me when he is within 10 minutes of house.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
You can also set it up to text or email you once it's ready for pickup. I do this every time I have a package being delivered from cbcs. It works really well. The only down side is if you have a crap load of comics, you have to carry the box to your car. 🍺
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
My FedEx guy gave me his personal number. Calls me when he is within 10 minutes of house.

That's awesome. Customer service said that the driver for my area is a contractor..I guess he works when he wants..ppfft.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

That's awesome. Customer service said that the driver for my area is a contractor..I guess he works when he wants..ppfft.

FedEx ground is all contractors.They buy their routes and rent their trucks. FedEx Air is run by corporate and are corporate employees.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cbaileypacker private msg quote post Address this user
Yup. Redirect to the nearest fed-ex office & ship for pick-up, and turn on email updates.

Most are open late till 11pm. My go to every time. Heck, I haven't even changed my home address on file at CBCS, being that I redirect to a store anyways.

Cheers!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx "delivered" my package to my neighbors today. To be fair, I always leave a note on the door when I know I'm getting a package I have to sign for. I always ask them to deliver it across the street at my in laws house and have them sign for it. Well, my in laws weren't home so FedEx went to their neighbors house. They weren't home so FedEx then went to MY neighbors house and had hem sign for the package. Luckily I live in a very small community and we all basically know each other. What's the point of signature confirmation if the FedEx person is just going to go door to door until they find someone to sign for it? I'm just glad he didn't go the other way down my road. Some shady folks down that way.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Hamfoo private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure regarding FedEx but UPS if you miss the driver there is a number on the Tag to call and you can go pick it up at the facility
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
I ship directly to the FedEx/Kinkos store with my name. Turn on tracking and I get a text when it arrives. Stop by on the way home from work. No problem.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
I always try to pick my packages up at a store location. Just dont trust my things sitting on a door step all day. I cant always be home wben the package is coming either. Much less stressful .
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Last time the fedex guy apparently signed my name and dropped the package off at the side door. My i structions are to leave packages by the side door but signing my name on a signature required package is a step too far
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

I guess atleat he didnt sign and keep it on a positive note.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like my FedEx guy is the exception. CBCS packages are always 1-3 days ahead of tracking delivery date, boxes come in great condition, no problems at all except the expensive price 👌🏻
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
PM SENT
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRig I was livid for a few minutes because I thought he had. The tracking went from "out for delivery" to delivered/signed and I never saw the guy come to the front door where I was expecting to be asked for a signature. I eventually found the box by the side door, which calmed me down, but I was already looking for FedEx numbers to call
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
I usually redirect to the fedex store and just pick up at my convenience. Its easy to do online and saves your day.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Fed Ex sent me an email this morning. They are sorry for the inconvenience. However, they are standing by their employee and his statement and if I fill out some forms I can escalate the complaint to management. I don't want all that. I just want an honest delivery person and my book..sheesh
Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Not FedEx, but this is how my mailman delivered a Priority Mail package to me containing comics about two weeks ago.

Post 21 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Thats pretty bad lol atleast it didnt make its way to the bottom of that snow
Post 22 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
@esaravo

Thats pretty bad lol atleast it didnt make its way to the bottom of that snow

At least the comics weren't damaged. They would have been if he/she had managed to crumple and stuff the entire package into the mailbox.

PS - That's not going to be taken out of context, is it?
Post 23 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Not at all....
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
PS - That's not going to be taken out of context, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
@esaravo

Not at all....

Post 25 IP   flag post
598060 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?