Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
I've been trying to get a nice copy if this at a good price for a while. Found a great deal on this and had to grab it. I'll be dropping off for grading at my next con.

That is ome of my favorite late Bronze age books. I have 5 of those beauties. 1 of the 5 is a newsstand copy. All in the 9.0+ range. Only one direct copy is graded. CBCS 9.6 pre rivet holder.I am hanging onto those beauties for awhile.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips
I've been after one for a while. I think this will grade in the 9.2 / 9.4 range (looks rougher in the pic than it actually is) and I got it for $15. I'm keeping my eye open for more copies.
Post 102 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy That is a good price. Nice find.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips
Thanks. For that price, I thought it would be missing pages or have some major defects but I got lucky. I'm considering picking up the other She Hulk #1's and some of the variants of this cover. So far, most of them are reasonably priced. Now if I can only figure out how to get my hands on a TEC 27.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@BrianGreensnips
Thanks. For that price, I thought it would be missing pages or have some major defects but I got lucky. I'm considering picking up the other She Hulk #1's and some of the variants of this cover. So far, most of them are reasonably priced. Now if I can only figure out how to get my hands on a TEC 27.
That would be nice. Heck, I would settle for a Batman #1 too.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
On @kaptainmyke's recommendation, I snagged a copy of this book. Not too bad on grade, rusty staples though. Good thing I got two copies (and possibly a third on the way). Thanks again myke. This is my first TMNT book.
Front cover:

Back cover:

Post 106 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

January 2000
Archie Comics
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #71
"Early Years" Part 1 of 2

Hard to find issues #71 and #72 at a good price
Post 107 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

2017 IDW Batman / TMNT Adventures #3
Dynamic Forces Exclusive Cover

with Certificate of Authenticity from Dynamic Forces
Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn Exclusive Cover by Ken Hauser
Post 108 IP   flag post

2017 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game
April O'Neil Expansion Hero Pack (1st Expansion Hero Pack for this set)
Sealed, Never Opened

A miniatures-based, sewer-crawling adventure featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Created by IDW Games

6,033 backers pledged $862,211 to help bring this project to life.

The Works Edition is a very special presentation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past. This exclusive box comes with the standard miniatures as well as a variant set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game pieces based off the art of Kevin Eastman, and Bebop & Rocksteady!

Exclusive TMNT Universe #8 IDW GAMES APRIL O'NEIL Variant Cover by Kevin Eastman
April O'Neil Hero Pack

This was an amazing and ambitious project that was a wild success. Cowabunga Kevin, and Kevin!

Totally one of my favorite April covers
Post 109 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I need more turtles stuff.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Yes, yes you do.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this ugly variant for .50
Post 112 IP   flag post
Post 113 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Score. Signed D&M, $15 and I'm happy.

Post 114 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 115 IP   flag post

I've been cutting back on my buying to save $ for a few upcoming cons but couldn't pass these up. Not stuff I would normally collect but I put in a few low ball bids and won- Got the Harley and Trouble (signed by both Dodsons) for $1 and $1.55 respectively. Got the X men / X 23 for $15 for the pair.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I got some my older comics back finally last week.

First Mr. Mxyztplk Cover

One of my favorite old covers

Navy Giveaway of Action Comics #80 story with slightly different text.

One of my favorite covers/stories as a kid.
Post 117 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
@enaz3, you seem to be a Mister Mxyztplk fan. How to you pronounce that? Here's a youtube video that goes over his many appearances over the years in cartoon and games. Fun look. By the way, nice Action Comics from the 40's with his appearance. Do you have a #30 with his first appearance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE
Post 118 IP   flag post
those are some great superman books brah
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
@enaz3, you seem to be a Mister Mxyztplk fan. How to you pronounce that? Here's a youtube video that goes over his many appearances over the years in cartoon and games. Fun look. By the way, nice Action Comics from the 40's with his appearance. Do you have a #30 with his first appearance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuRqVg6tHcE

I always have said something that sounds like Mixelpix, and I am definitely a fan. I've been trying to get a lot of his early appearances the last few years. I especially love some of the covers for the comics he is in. That is a pretty cool video, I loved his episode in the 90s superman animated series. I remember it was like watching a looney tunes cartoon only with superman.

It took me a while to find that action comics 80 that I could afford, and was shocked when was able to snatch that navy giveaway version of it. I do have a Superman 30, I wish it could of been better condition but those 40s comics can be hard to get unless you have deep pockets.

I have more Mxyztplk comics but haven't got them all graded yet, here is one of them I have got graded:

I was actually thinking once I had a few more graded starting a thread to see if are any other Mxyztplk fans and show their favorite book appearances.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
those are some great superman books brah

Thanks. I just sent in two Superman #53's I can't wait to share when I get back graded.
Post 121 IP   flag post
SPOILER ALERT: Writers of the Justice League movie have changed the ending of the movie to include Mr. Mxyztplk as he arrives from the 5th dimension looking for Superman, but instead finds himself smack in the middle of the battle between the Justice League and Darkseid. Figuring out the Justice League are Superman's friends and annoyed at Darkseid's lack of sense of humor, he quickly dispatches Darkseid and his evil minions and saves the Justice League and Earth from certain defeat.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Got this off ebay a few days ago. Is anyone familiar with this Newsstand Mint Collection? The only information I found on it is from a CBCS (maybe) newsletter. I didn't know if there was any other real story to it.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Not familiar with it. Nice book you have there.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
SPOILER ALERT: Writers of the Justice League movie have changed the ending of the movie to include Mr. Mxyztplk as he arrives from the 5th dimension looking for Superman, but instead finds himself smack in the middle of the battle between the Justice League and Darkseid. Figuring out the Justice League are Superman's friends and annoyed at Darkseid's lack of sense of humor, he quickly dispatches Darkseid and his evil minions and saves the Justice League and Earth from certain defeat.

I would so love to see a Darkseid vs Mr. Mxyztplk fight. He'd piss Darkseid off so bad lol
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam - sm 30 has been on my purchase list for some time now. You gave me another reason to get it - done!
Post 126 IP   flag post

This one has a special story. I sent it to Joe/CFP for pressing without realizing that the comic somehow had got clued to the board. After a lot of effort Joe managed to get it separated from the board and with a 9.4.

Joe - much appreciated
Post 127 IP   flag post

Really happy about this one - bought it raw for a good price.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Foghorn_Sam - sm 30 has been on my purchase list for some time now. You gave me another reason to get it - done!

1 hour left, Superman #30 on ebay auction.
link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-30-cgc-4-5-White-Pages-golden-age-key-1944-1st-Mr-Mxyztplk-123066800-/352015115916?hash=item51f5bc668c:g:rxgAAOSw2gxY2E5o
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post
598015 999 30