Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Bought these just because the cover caught my eye. I will probably keep one and sell or swap the other.

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Watcher That is a really nice EC you picked up.

Thank You !
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

You just can’t beat a boy and his dog. 1953 was a much more innocent time. Been looking for this one for awhile.
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Cover recreation commission from Mike Perkins. I emailed him directly and cost was $450. This is a recreation of the lenticular homage cover he did for Iron Fist #73. Turn around time was in the neighborhood of a month. He messaged me yesterday saying he had started and again today to say it was done. To say I am completely satisfied with it would be an understatement. He hit the nail on the head and I'm glad I went through with the transaction. Thanks Mr. Perkins!

Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
sweet
Post 980 IP   flag post

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Found this in the bargain bin at a LCS. Sticky on the back of the store bag marked $1. I'd say that's a fair price for a beautiful copy of Guardians of the Galaxy #1. I don't think this book has ever been read; its pristine.

Found a couple other nice issues. A Rocket Raccoon #1 & Dragonlance #1:

Post 981 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament Might wanna press & slab the Guardians #1.
Post 982 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I don't believe that Issue has any of the movie characters in it?
Post 983 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I don't believe that Issue has any of the movie characters in it?

I believe It's the crew represented by Stallone & his guys in Guardians 2.
Post 984 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 @00slim Don't forget Yondu! Blue guy, big red fin, slight resemblance to Mary Poppins. He was part of the original guardians team, which was teased in GOTG2 w/ Stallone & Co. Feige did say that based on fan response, they want to do a Stallone/OG project, but need to find a place for it in the schedule.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Just purchased for $200.00 at Bedrock City in Houston!

First appearance of Perry White.

The book is complete with Cream to Off-White Pages. Because of the piece out of the corner, I'd personally give it a 1.5-1.8.

Post 986 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

Not all of these are new, but I got several of these in the mail today. All of them are signed by Dave Cockrum on the first page, and some are also signed by Chris Claremont too! Only missing issue 98....and that should be here Saturday to complete a run I've been trying to do for a few years now.
Post 987 IP   flag post
@D84 Zomg! Wow! Which Bedrock City location? I’ve always had a good experience with them at the Westheimer, Downtown, & SugarLand locations, both buying and selling.

If you’re close, you may want to check out 8th Dimension Comics & Games (NW, between Jersey Village & Cypress). They don’t have much in the way of “wall”/high dollar issues, but the back issue bins are meticulously organized & contain frequent hidden gems. I’ve pulled several early/mid 100’s issues of Uncanny X-Men out of there which are beautiful, basically unread, at extremely reasonable prices. The owners are really cool too.
Post 988 IP   flag post
@BabaLament It was the 1960 location. They just got the book in on Saturday. I went through it with the employee to make sure nothing was missing, and then grabbed it.

How often do you get a chance to get a Superman under issue 10 that's complete for $200.00?
Post 989 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice.
Post 990 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
Just purchased for $200.00 at Bedrock City in Houston!

First appearance of Perry White.

The book is complete with Cream to Off-White Pages. Because of the piece out of the corner, I'd personally give it a 1.5-1.8.

Great pull for that price. 👍🏼
Post 991 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
got an Original Dell'Otto Batman piece today

Post 992 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedforceKJ
got an Original Dell'Otto Batman piece today

That's beautiful!!!
Post 993 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ok..so this book is basically worth nothing but I just got it in the mail.

Time Bandits!! I LOVED the movie...remember my dad taking me to see it in the theatre (no one got killed in an alley on the way home so I became an accountant instead of a super hero )
Have the Criterion DVD and a signature from the most famous Time Bandit (and our fav droid!!!)

Oh gosh!!! maybe 17years ago I was at a really small convention and Kenny Baker was there - everyone was after R2-D2 photos and autographs (I got one too) but I asked Kenny's wife if they had anything from Time Bandits. She in turn lightheartedly scolded Kenny and said "We almost left these in hotel room" and proceeded to dig through a box to pull out this!!

Now the R2 photo is great but I love the Time Bandit one even more!!

Post 994 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Mail Call!

A little disappointed with the grade on this one

Post 995 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Ok..so this book is basically worth nothing but I just got it in the mail.

Time Bandits!! I LOVED the movie...remember my dad taking me to see it in the theatre (no one got killed in an alley on the way home so I became an accountant instead of a super hero )
Have the Criterion DVD and a signature from the most famous Time Bandit (and our fav droid!!!)

Oh gosh!!! maybe 17years ago I was at a really small convention and Kenny Baker was there - everyone was after R2-D2 photos and autographs (I got one too) but I asked Kenny's wife if they had anything from Time Bandits. She in turn lightheartedly scolded Kenny and said "We almost left these in hotel room" and proceeded to dig through a box to pull out this!!

Now the R2 photo is great but I love the Time Bandit one even more!!

That's a great movie!!!

Not every comic has to have monetary value to be special. Some of my most prized comics are worth less than $5.00.
Post 996 IP   flag post
An addendum to my previous post, today’s mail call completed two sets

Harley Quinn #1 Aspen Covers:

Post 997 IP   flag post
English Language Amazing Spider-Man #129 & reprints

Post 998 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite you really like signed ASM 129s 😆

Oh - limit reached

@Jesse_O can we get the limit increased for this thread - please