Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
got these in the mail today and yesterday...very pleased

All great books but I really like this one.

Thanks!
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Jacob - it’s in Cranston on Atwood Avenue.

Just realized I went to this place last Saturday. Was hitting up shops in the providence area looking for moon girl 28s (found two on the day, both at the time vault). This was an odd little shop, guy mainly does back issues, doesn't do new issues except for pull lists. Small space filled with boxes of comics, he was in the process of moving some books from his warehouse.

I was with my young son, so I couldn't stay long, but the shop's got a lot of untapped inventory from the looks of it. Hoping to get back soon to rummage through some boxes when I have some free hours.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Weird little purchase for me. I bought them to see what EC stories they had reprinted.

The one with Moon Girl actually on the cover only reprints the Moon Girl #5 cover. That one book is all prose writing and has an original Moon Girl story. The other reprint various EC stories in B&W. I assume the publisher thought they were public domain. Avon and other publishers are represented inside also.
Post 928 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Jacob - it’s in Cranston on Atwood Avenue.

Just realized I went to this place last Saturday. Was hitting up shops in the providence area looking for moon girl 28s (found two on the day, both at the time vault). This was an odd little shop, guy mainly does back issues, doesn't do new issues except for pull lists. Small space filled with boxes of comics, he was in the process of moving some books from his warehouse.

I was with my young son, so I couldn't stay long, but the shop's got a lot of untapped inventory from the looks of it. Hoping to get back soon to rummage through some boxes when I have some free hours.

The guy will talk to you for days. I basically looked over the wall books and asked about a few things. If you ask prices, he looks them up on-line using ebay sold prices and other sources.
Post 929 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

Got my order from @TrinityComics back today, this is my first Stan Lee yellow label. I was surprised at the grade, I had this one pegged at a 6.0.
Post 930 IP   flag post

Was at a show today and this is all I bought.
Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Last week I contacted Rick Parker on FaceBook about a commission. He drew the Beavis and Butthead comics for Marvel. We agreed on an 11x14 two figure full color with backgrounds piece for $250 shipped. I can't say this enough but what a cool dude. Super nice. Very friendly. Turn around time was insanely fast. I contacted him last Sunday and it was done and shipped this past Saturday. So less than a week total. Rick is a great guy. He even included Mr Anderson's camper at my request haha. This is honestly one of my favorite pieces I own. B&B was a big part of my childhood. He did such a great job.

Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a small collection roughly 1000 books for $1000. Mostly gold and silver mid grade. Not much caught my eye to keep, but these 2 spoke to me for some reason.
Post 933 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Last week I contacted Rick Parker on FaceBook about a commission. He drew the Beavis and Butthead comics for Marvel. We agreed on an 11x14 two figure full color with backgrounds piece for $250 shipped. I can't say this enough but what a cool dude. Super nice. Very friendly. Turn around time was insanely fast. I contacted him last Sunday and it was done and shipped this past Saturday. So less than a week total. Rick is a great guy. He even included Mr Anderson's camper at my request haha. This is honestly one of my favorite pieces I own. B&B was a big part of my childhood. He did such a great job.

The picture of Mr. Anderson on the wall is cool, but I'm not sure why they'd have a picture of him on the wall. I considered writing him to get a commission a few years ago, but decided against it. I did get to meet Mike Judge which was cool.
Post 934 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail!! Used the 15% off ebay promo a while back - after shipping was $53
This baby is getting signed by Steranko!!

Post 935 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Sagii The spanking was interesting.
😂😂
Post 936 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Just got this in the mail!! Used the 15% off ebay promo a while back - after shipping was $53

Very Nice Looking book. It's ashame you plan on having it defaced with writing
Post 937 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 938 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWiz
I picked these 2 books up from Comic Link recently. Really happy to add them to my collection. I have 2 more books coming from ComicConnect on Tuesday so I will post those pics then.

Nice Dracula. I just picked up two #1's that I need to send off for grading. Crossing my fingers on getting something above a 9.0.
Post 939 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Still going through boxes from an auction I attended but here are a couple of neat items plus a sketch commission.

First Appearance of Bebop and Rocksteady :

Found this in a box and saw that Joe Staton was attending a show so got his sig real quick :

Beat up but still pretty cool:

Franck Uzan Dracula sketch on Morbius blank :

Post 940 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived! Venom #155 Dynamic Forces limited edition signature series by Mark Bagley.

I also pulled the massive wall-hanger out of storage to hang it back up.
Post 941 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

I would usually agree with that sentiment; yet Steranko is very careful anout his signature placement, even color of the sharpie; he refuses to deface his own art.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Upgrade to my BP#1 and hole fillers for my Jungle Action, Black Panther Run. And...

Finally completed the JA run with these last two issues. 8.5s but higher with a press I presume.
Post 943 IP   flag post
1st Squadron Supreme....but it says return of...

Got this from the 'hidden' box at a local shop..the box of wall comics that cycle in and out.

A few non colour breaking dents and a date stamp (which usually is a no buy for me - but it's on the back!!)

Think this was a steal at $25 CAD

Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
1st Squadron Supreme....but it says return of...

The Squadron Supreme are the "good" counterparts from Earth-712 that a few Avengers accidentally encountered, and they first appear here.
"Return of the Squadron Sinister" was a smoke screen because we only knew of the evil Squadron Sinister at this point.
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

I would usually agree with that sentiment; yet Steranko is very careful anout his signature placement, even color of the sharpie; he refuses to deface his own art.

Not being a fan of signed books, I was just yankin' your chain. Good luck with the sig.
Post 946 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domogotcomics

Upgrade to my BP#1 and hole fillers for my Jungle Action, Black Panther Run. And...

Finally completed the JA run with these last two issues. 8.5s but higher with a press I presume.

Congratulations on the upgrades and completion of your run! Nice looking books with nice bold color. I wouldn't waste money that could be spent on more books having them pressed. They are beautiful just the way they are

It's nice to see there are still a few die hard collectors working on completing title runs. I find it very refreshing seeing many of the "Non-Key" Issues, rather than the same old "key" issue that get posted over and over.
Post 947 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

Not being a fan of signed books, I was just yankin' your chain. Good luck with the sig.

Kind of turned a corner myself and am now leaning toward not getting things signed - can't resist for Steranko though
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I've owned several copies of this book throughout the years, but this will be the last one. Finally, a really high grade of my all time favorite Neal Adams cover!

Post 949 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@D84 Great book. Congratulations.
Post 950 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This came in today's mail thanks to a swap with @Jesse_O.

Post 951 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I'm glad it arrived safe and sound!!
Post 952 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - It did, but I was a little worried. You wrote “Do Not Crush” and even had Cap on there, but maybe you should have said “Do Not Puncture” too. Thankfully, no damage. I can’t even imagine what they do to these packages.

Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog

First ever magazines graded and the grades were higher than my guesstimates. All 3 were eBay purchases that will go on my comic room wall eventually. I figure I will find some more worthy of submission, as it was a successful experiment.

Nice Conan books. I'm still hanging onto my Savage Sword #1 to submit when/if CBCS starts doing magazines
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Two deliveries today:

Spectacular Spidey 64 was a purchase from @onlyhulk23 & Fear 19 is a ComicConnect purchase from Metropolis.

I'm very happy with both. Well packed and they appear to have been conservatively graded.

Post 955 IP   flag post
601346 999 30