Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I wanted to get all those covers signed on the same day for fun but Todd didn't want to sign the Spawn Thanks. Can't go into much details why but kinda PO but whatever. If anyone is interested in that asm 300 then send me an offer. I am not interested in that one anymore.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
A couple Batman sets- I bought a 9.6-ish #404 from Flying Donut's $3 sale some years back. I have NO idea where it is- It's [i]possible]/i] I included it in a sale or as a freebie in a sale, so I had to get another just in case. It's not as nice though.

It would be nice if smaller images could post side to side.

Post 752 IP   flag post
Walt Simonson sigs. A couple Bob Wiacek's in there too.

Post 753 IP   flag post
An unfortunate upper corner ding is all this really suffers from

Post 754 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Walt Simonson sigs. A couple Bob Wiacek's in there too.

The Simmonsons are so damn nice. Walt was a bit of a foul-mouthed old man though. First time I met them, I kept my composure even though I was fangirling on the inside. I live in Texas so I don't often see the people from the East Coast like the Simmonsons. I must have dumped about $200+ in their charity bag. Had four sketches(one I had to close my eyes because I gave it to my friend) and they both signed like ton and ton and ton of stuff for my wife and I.
Post 755 IP   flag post

Not really new, but it was forgotten. I must have separated it from my others back when I thought I'd be slabbing my collection.

IF I ever slab this, it will be at a convention, but there are soooo many 9.8s out there- the cost is better utilized at the art booths.
I know it's at least a 9.8- no need for me to pay for the risk of shipping it to someone paid to tell me what I already know before paying for the risk of shipping it back.

Obviously I'm too chicken to submit books lol

Post 756 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
An unfortunate upper corner ding is all this really suffers from

Has a very nice cover centering. That's a huge plus!
Post 757 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

A couple more signed comics (Tom King this time) from Comics Heating Up. Was psyched to nab a newstand copy of Batman 24, but signed and remarked my King...Bonus!
Post 758 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my latest books.

Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

So I was able to procure a graded copy of this most beautiful book. I haven't been this smitten by a cover in quite a long time.

Post 760 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@ThorneArt awesome cover, that one. Hoping the price goes down a bit more before I get one.
Post 761 IP   flag post
Picked up ten of these NM newsstand books today. With the current trend, if five are 9.8s, ill be more than happy

Post 762 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - Damn! You’ve already gone to Wonderland Comics? You probably cleaned it out of wall books and good deals!
Post 763 IP   flag post
@esaravo nope, havent made it out of the house today. Not sure about that big sale this weekend either, Im sick af. I may miss this one :/
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully OA is acceptable here, if not, OP please excuse and I can remove.

New commission from instagram artist Crap Panther. "Vita est morte est vita". Death of Alec Holland, birth of Swamp Thing. (The initials of the two creators are hidden in the image).

Post 765 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Odins_Raven - That’s grotesquely beautiful!
Post 766 IP   flag post
I see the BW, and I think I see the LW. Is it to the left of BW?
Post 767 IP   flag post
Following the lead of @Odins_Raven, I am a big Bernie Wrightson fan and loved the original Swamp Thing series. I still can’t believe he is gone, or that around 35 years ago a “friend” of mine talked me into selling my entire set of Swamp Thing (1-24) along with my HOS #92. Stupid! Anyway, I recently sent CBCS a few Swamp Things from the second series for grading (#soon) and have been looking for an original #1 to buy.

I haven’t purchased a #1 yet, but I did purchase the following book that reportedly was signed by Wrightson. The book came in today’s mail and is in need of a good press to maybe reach a VG/FN-. Also, my name’s not Hannah, so if any of you have that name and want to trade me a similar book signed by him “To Ed” we should talk.

PS - Does the signature look legit?

And yesterday, after reading about this issue in the previews/new issues forums, I caved in and bought a new comic! I plan on reading this one, and it will probably be a while before I buy another new comic since this one was $7.99! It does have an awesome cover.

Post 768 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Won this statue last night. Wound up paying $20 over what I'd hoped to pay, but still got a deal on it. This will go great next to my Amazing Fantasy 15 sculpture.

Pic is from the listing since I don't have it in hand just yet.
Post 769 IP   flag post
@esaravo I have a VG Swamp Thing #1 I'd consider selling if you're interested.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Upgrades.
The ASM 51, "graded" @ 9.0 but fwiw looks more like 8.5 to me, was included with the 50.

Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the interruption, but has anyone heard from DocBrown? Seems to have been awhile since his last post.
Post 772 IP   flag post
@det_tobor Looks like Doc got a two week suspension on 12/17, that explains his absence up to January.

I'm sure he's around.
Post 773 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 774 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@det_tobor Looks like Doc got a two week suspension on 12/17, that explains his absence up to January.

I'm sure he's around.

Thanks
Post 775 IP   flag post
He attended the Yorba Linda,Ca convention. I imagine he's busy with others.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector EngineJoe private msg quote post Address this user
We can slab at conventions at art booths you say? I wish I would’ve known about Nola 2018! Could’ve gotten a slab and signature in one day! Oh, man! Quick search..Nvm it’s usually a drop off service same wait period..
Post 777 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Busy day at the local Clifton show.

Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
My December 6th submission (103 books) just moved to Grading! Yay! Time to celebrate...with more new comics!

ASM #298-300, because why not? The 298 & 299 are really nice, the whitest covers I’ve seen on these outside of a slab in a long time. I have 298 & 299 being graded right now, but whatever they come out at, I think these two will grade out higher. The 300 looks fantastic, no spine ticks or corner creases, but the red has some fade to it. Still a fantastic copy. It also helps that I got all three at a great price.

Dark Knights Metal, the foil cover first prints & one-shots. I’m not a huge Batman fan, but these look great. It’s the first Batman event I’ve found myself enjoying since Knightfall. When the Metal run is over I’m getting the books graded & framed, then having the frames mounted to a Bat-Symbol I’m having a metal shop cut out of polished stainless diamond deck. I’m going to float that over a black wood base w/ LED backlighting. Man-cave wall decor, writ-large.

The Dell’Otto Venom Inc. Alpha & Omega. These are getting graded & framed up; they look great & are a nice wall piece.

Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
Here is my latest books.

Clown next to a flowing gutter as Casper offers him a red balloon. It took a minute to realize this isn't a cool coincidence. For a moment I thought it was an actual cover from the bronze age, and thought it might've inspired King.
Cool idea!
Post 780 IP   flag post
601481 999 30