Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam yeah that's a good one. DC war is great some of the covers are just Amazing. Maybe we should start a Big Five DC war thread?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I got my other Frank Miller signed book back from CGC today (it's magazine sized). Sadly, it's going right back to CGC because it was supposed to be pressed but was not. I understand the book is not NM but a press will definitely help it get higher than a 6.5. I'm sending back my other book as well because they got the signing date wrong on it. It was supposed to be pressed too but wasn't. Anyway, here it is. I'm hopeful the press will make it a 7.0 or better.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
@Foghorn_Sam yeah that's a good one. DC war is great some of the covers are just Amazing. Maybe we should start a Big Five DC war thread?

Do it! I'd post a few covers.
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
DC Big Five War has been a weakness of mine for a couple of years now. Got another earlier one in.

What year is this #55 from? I notice it just says "Army at War" instead of "Our Army at War". Nice, rare find by the way.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam 1957 and you know what thanks for pointing that out I didn't notice that.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
New to the X-Collection X-Men #135 8.0

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia, do you have to pay for shipping both ways if there was an error in processing your order and you need to return the books for reprocessing? Based on other posts in other threads, it seems so, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Post 57 IP   flag post
@jrs the facilitator who had it signed is paying the costs.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@ThorneArt going to get mine signed in a few months by Claremount and then get it graded. Hope it will get a grade like that. Im having him sign my whole dark phoenix saga.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Shoutout to @esaravo for the great mail call. Getting this signed this weekend. Thanks again brother!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Shoutout to @esaravo for the great mail call. Getting this signed this weekend. Thanks again brother!

Another great cover. I always thought it was neat when they experimented with either changing or moving the logo/title around on the cover or incorporate it into the cover art.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 62 IP   flag post
I got these back in today from CBCS

Post 63 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Just scored this! Wasnt actually shopping for it, and didnt actually want it... but threw out a "ill shit if I win it for this" bid, and won..

Notes are great, gonna send it back to CBCS for press

Post 64 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got my CBCS shipment today for the 14 books that I submitted right at the end of their holiday discount special. All the books are SA (1 DC and 13 Marvels) and I expected the grades to be between 7.5 and 9.0/9.2. I was pretty accurate, but I expected the FF 32 to be higher, and as usual, did not expect the X-Men 16 to be trimmed. On the flip-side, ASM 34 and 48 were slightly higher than I expected.

Here they are:

Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@JWKyle Why slab that that Batman #457? It's worth like $5.
Post 66 IP   flag post

Post 67 IP   flag post

Post 68 IP   flag post

Post 69 IP   flag post

Post 70 IP   flag post

Post 71 IP   flag post

Post 72 IP   flag post

Post 73 IP   flag post

Post 74 IP   flag post

Post 75 IP   flag post

Post 76 IP   flag post

Post 77 IP   flag post

Post 78 IP   flag post
Last one:

Post 79 IP   flag post
What a nice batch of books. I'm green with envy.
Post 80 IP   flag post
597867 999 30