Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my books from Aspen's post-Christmas sale! I didn't go overboard, just Civil War #5, Tribute to Michael Turner (which is even cheaper now), and the Fathom Definitive Edition Hardcover w/ mini Print

I'm especially happy with the Hardcover since it (mostly) completes my set of Fathom hardcovers

Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago i bought/won a small silverage Daredevil collection. I bid on it due to #1 which seemed to be a solid mid-grade. i received the collection this week and not disappointed. i will keep these two. Joe @CFP_Comics coming your way for pressing and submission. given they are for my own collection i would love to submit to CBCS but given the comics i submitted and was received by CBCS more than a month ago still haven't made it to the “received” stage and not getting any replies from customer service - easy choice to use CGC for these comics.

Post 602 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Aside from the fading/lack of gloss, that DD #1 looks pretty sharp, @poka.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Aside from the fading/lack of gloss, that DD #1 looks pretty sharp, @poka.

yep it is a bit faded
Post 604 IP   flag post
Purchases which I made in December, except for this beautiful sketch drawn by a Polish girl and a gift from my Santa gift. Had actually been thinking of getting a HQ sketch done for a long time.

Post 605 IP   flag post

Rogue sketch done by Chadwick Haverland ordered trough CCC (thanks @RyanHicks). I would love to get Anna Paquin's signature on this one but guess I am 5 years late

Post 606 IP   flag post
Howard The Duck is back in and so is this Liefeld variant!

Post 607 IP   flag post
One of my contacts screwed up an order so he gave me this one as a very good price. Not complaining. Voted Variant Cover of 2017

Post 608 IP   flag post
Love the covers from the 1970s. Note how miscut the Cover is. Love it.

Post 609 IP   flag post
As previous indicated in this thread - this Cover seems to be very popular lately. This is an auction win where I managed to snip at the last second

Post 610 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
From Hell, first edition & first printing, full set.

Post 611 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
As previous indicated in this thread - this Cover seems to be very popular lately. This is an auction win where I managed to snip at the last second

Some "private" dude with 18 feedback was running up the price there (l***l). I see so,some tried to out snipe you too...last second bid.
Post 612 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
From Hell, first edition & first printing, full set.

YES!
Love the From Hell series!

Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Dale Keown has literally just finished my commission cover.

OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED.

Post 614 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up at a show today.I am almost done with my complete Nova run. Second Brother Voodoo to go with my Strange Tales 169. And a couple first app. of Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau.

Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user

Post 617 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Some "private" dude with 18 feedback was running up the price there (l***l). I see so,some tried to out snipe you too...last second bid.

Thanks - didn’t look as I was very happy with the price. Just checked - I think both their bidding were genuine based on what I can see
Post 618 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I got this one not too long ago. I am getting pretty interested in these Batman comics.

Post 619 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Daddy just slammed home a cherry copy of a SA Marvel key.....for about 10 cents on the dollar..

You can't do that here. Pics or it didn't happen.

Nah, there is a decent chance he still has more books.The last thing I want is to tip the hat to any flipper (or even a collector) who may read this forum.

After the listing is no longer retrievable via an ebay search, I'll post the book.

I'll post auction pics and will post up a pic of the book, after I press it and it's slabbed.
Post 620 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@BigRedOne1944 - Nice pickups, John. I wish you would have told me that you were looking for a DNR set.

If anyone is still looking for a DNR set (all graded by CBCS - 3@9.4 and 1@9.6), send me a PM.

The DKR's were not a recent pick up I just hadn't had them scanned yet.

Nice looking 9.8 Poka

John
Post 621 IP   flag post
Still plugging away...... A few more newly aquired Conan's

If not for the Completest in me I wouldn't even bother with Any of the BWS issues after #1.
While Im addicted to nice higher grade clean books, I just can't seem understand what people see in BWS artwork. His Conan Work is easily the most over rated in the hobby IMHO. Not to mentioned over priced. The true testament is to the master story teller, Roy Thomas, who writing literally carried the early Issues and the horrible BWS art.

OK I was dreading having to spend any real money on the Key 1st Red Sonya Issue #24 Luckily I was able to snag a pretty nice copy without breaking the bank. Again, Roy Thomas is the real star of the book.

Lets move on to the books that REALLY defined the Conan character.

Now that's how you do Conan! Makes those BWS issues look like a three year old drew them.

I was happy to have added to my Conan Run, but im not sure how much longer I can hold out on starting in on the Savage Sword of Conan Series. Just some phenomenal work done on those mags! The Boris Valleo Covers are incredible, as well as the many later Joe Jusko Painted covers. I just have to have them in my collection!!!!

Out
John
Post 622 IP   flag post
Quote:
Love the covers from the 1970s. Note how miscut the Cover is. Love it.

Love the seventies covers Poka!

Hate the miscut covers

Is it me just me? or is that 9.8 a gift on that book?
Post 623 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Nice looking 9.8 Poka

John

Tks
Post 624 IP   flag post
Quote:

In terms of what?
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I got a few more for the collection:

Question, on the CGC Slab, there is a ComicLink sticker. Is this what they do for all the books bought off that site? Seems like a crappy thing to do.

Uncanny #115 CGC 8.0

Raw Uncanny #124 + #125 (124 is signed by John Byrne on 1st page.

Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call. Gene Colan Iron Man. eBay find.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Question, on the CGC Slab, there is a ComicLink sticker. Is this what they do for all the books bought off that site? Seems like a crappy thing to do.

Yes, and that alone is a big deterrent for me buying from them. I can't get those stickers off without leaving some residue or scratching the slab. Does anyone have a proven/safe method? So annoying.
Post 628 IP   flag post

Won the set of these at auction this week. I think I got an ok deal, considering the Sups 75 was thrown in. ASM 252 has a few ticks, but all barely break color and the pages are white. A press could bring this up to 9.2.

Another checked off my "Comics to Acquire in '18" list.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

In terms of what?

Well, I know the discussion about miscuts have been beat to death. I personally would dock a full grade for the mis cut(the 6 is virtually missing) A mute point as we know TPGers don't downgrade for it.

The right side edge from the Price Logo to the Purple guy looks a bit discolored? Maybe just the scan.

Regardless its a Very cool book.

John
Post 630 IP   flag post
600840 999 30