Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@Pre_Coder Great haul sir! 🍺

@Sagii Thanks!

I'm assuming that beer is a Heineken in a frosted mug.

YEAH!
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
A couple more of my grails knocked off my list!

Just acquired Transformers Infiltration issues 5 & 6 retailer incentive covers RI-C...These are extremely rare to find with the trading cards!!! All 3 issues are 9.8 grade potential to boot!

I believe only RI-C covers for issues 2-6 had trading cards with them. I bought issue 3 new off the rack years ago and ever since been trying to acquire the other issues! To find 5 & 6 in such great shape is a treasure to me!

It's very rare to see these cover C's show up on Ebay or other auctions...and only unheard of with the trading cards. Issue #2 is on ebay now, but it's in England and the seller is asking way more than I'm willing to pay.....for now!

So if anyone spots issues 2 and 4 RI-C covers WITH THE TRADING CARDS offered anywhere, send me a PM!!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Pressed by Steve
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man I love that book! Good job Mr Ricketts!
Post 329 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I don't collect modern books but a few weeks ago I hinted to my LCS I was interested in this cover. It was in my pull when I stopped by yesterday.

This one was staring at me behind glass and I got a very sweet deal.

Post 330 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My latest X-Men purchase:

Post 331 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
My newest addition. I love the colors (always had an affinity for comic book yellow), and I like that Hot Stuff is reading a Caspar comic book.

Hot Stuff is my favorite cartoon character.

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
All the way back from 1940

Post 333 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 334 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 335 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Got this back from Raleigh SuperCon. Signed and remarked by Zeck and Beatty. Zeck drew Venom and Beatty drew symbiote Spidey. Also signed by Shooter. I'm glad this kept the 9.8
Post 336 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these two back today! I might be selling these but I'll definitely give the board first dibs if I do.

Post 337 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Got this today. It feels perfectly timed with everything I am dealing with. And partially how it has impacted the way I feel about being here.

There is small, thin crack on the back. I think it was there prior to it being wrapped. And there is a taped security sticker that was added by the original store. With both not being an issue because I paid around $10 above a used/complete copy in similar condition.

Also, I bought it because it is the first console appearance of a character that I like. And I plan to have it graded, with me thinking that its lowest potential grade is a VGA 85-90.

Post 338 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
This'll probably be the last thing I post here. And until a new game or action figure pops up, it will be the last item I will submit for grading purposes. Long story, no graded comics for me at this point.

Also, I want to add that DHL had this shipped to me last Monday. And she is the reason why I bought the game for grading purposes.
Post 339 IP   flag post
@Instant_Subtitles take care. Hope to see you back soon!
Post 340 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

I was talking to the cover artist, Jamie Tyndall a few hours ago while he was setting up at NYCC.
Post 341 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have to give a shout out to @AndyRexia. When I got home from work today, instead of having one package to open (the X-Men #104 I bought last week using the $15 off coupon), there were two packages. One did contain the X-Men issue, but the other held a Nick Fury Agent of Shield #6 (tough issue to find in high grade due to black cover) with its amazing Steranko cover (which is actually a swipe of a Wally Wood EC cover). Thanks so much, Rob!

Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo that's a sexy lookin book my friend. Black covers are tough!
P.S. Steranko is amazing
Post 343 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Beautiful sig and placement on this one.

Post 344 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Just acquired Transformers Infiltration issues 5 & 6 retailer incentive covers RI-C...These are extremely rare to find with the trading cards!!! All 3 issues are 9.8 grade potential to boot!

I believe only RI-C covers for issues 2-6 had trading cards with them. I bought issue 3 new off the rack years ago and ever since been trying to acquire the other issues! To find 5 & 6 in such great shape is a treasure to me!

It's very rare to see these cover C's show up on Ebay or other auctions...and only unheard of with the trading cards. Issue #2 is on ebay now, but it's in England and the seller is asking way more than I'm willing to pay.....for now!

So if anyone spots issues 2 and 4 RI-C covers WITH THE TRADING CARDS offered anywhere, send me a PM!!
Those were a beast to find, especially with the mini prints. You are correct that RI-C 2-6 came with the mini prints. I was fortunate enough to get most of them in a lot in ebay a year or so ago. I'll keep an eye out for #2 for you.
Post 345 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Foghorn_Sam Thanks! I'm incredibly happy with how it came out!
Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Those were a beast to find, especially with the mini prints. You are correct that RI-C 2-6 came with the mini prints. I was fortunate enough to get most of them in a lot in ebay a year or so ago. I'll keep an eye out for #2 for you.

And Issue #4 too! I have 3, 5 & 6.

Which ones did you pick up? Did you get the cards too?
Post 347 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have all of the RI books for Infiltration. I sold an extra #6 RIC before my deployment. I may have another a few spare copies. The lot I purchased had just about everything in it. All the cards included. I don't know if I have extras, but I can check when I get back from deployment.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 349 IP   flag post
just received a package from Matt/Trinity / CBCS

Post 350 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
A 9.8 sweep!Congrats
Post 351 IP   flag post
received a few more!
Post 352 IP   flag post