Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Another book I bought because of this forum.

Haha! Nice one. That's the "Godzilla-Lassie" cover I used in the weekly cover competition months and months ago.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

Got this one for $1.00 I picked it up because I Love the turtles and it looks like Jim Lee did the cover.
Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. Just got some pickup from eBay and my LCBS:

I am a sucker for a Sienkiewicz cover..

These from eBay

Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got these back from Oak City Comicon. I don't like using CGC but CBCS really needs to start coming to more cons. Overall happy with the grades. Especially the 206. I was expecting a 5.5 or a 6.0. I knew the 212 would be the higher of the two because I bought it from @esaravo and he takes good care of his stuff. Thanks again man. Meeting Neal Adams is a great comic memory of mine and now I have the proof.

Post 258 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Ordered five Arabic comics a few weeks ago for the hell of it. I was told it would probably be Late July or early August before I would get them. Well they arrived in today's mail. All five were placed between two pieces of cardboard and placed in a bubble wrap envelope. No individual bags or boards, nothing to stop them from shifting back and forth. Somehow they survived. A few corners are dinged, but overall decent for their journey. The covers are from Batman 196, Detective 351 and 363, and Brave and the Bold 67 and 106.
Here's what they look like.

Post 259 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Ordered five Arabic comics a few weeks ago for the hell of it. I was told it would probably be Late July or early August before I would get them. Well they arrived in today's mail. All five were placed between two pieces of cardboard and placed in a bubble wrap envelope. No individual bags or boards, nothing to stop them from shifting back and forth. Somehow they survived. A few corners are dinged, but overall decent for their journey. The covers are from Batman 196, Detective 351 and 363, and Brave and the Bold 67 and 106.
Here's what they look like.

Very cool! Do you know when they were published?
Post 260 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect that these are newer reprints of the original Arabic comics that were published in the 1960's and 1970's. I have about 20 of the old ones; picked them up at a comic convention decades ago for $1 a piece! Here's what some of the "old" ones look like:

I just like the old covers from the 1960's.
Post 261 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 262 IP   flag post
Big week for deliveries. Luckily, I think I caught two of them before my wife saw them. I went on a little buying spree thanks to some eBay/PayPal coupons. Here's what I got for my X-Men set.

Post 263 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these 2 books up from Comic Link recently. Really happy to add them to my collection. I have 2 more books coming from ComicConnect on Tuesday so I will post those pics then.

Post 264 IP   flag post

Mail call. To be signed next month. Trying to talk myself out of buying one more to take with me. Carry on.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
great cover imo
Post 266 IP   flag post
agreed
Post 267 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Got back some of my favorite comic last week.

Post 268 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
So, here are the books that I picked up at the LCS when I passed on the Batman 181 and 189. See the post Batman 181 and 189 for the details. I think that I might try to bundle them like suggested for $175. I picked up 6 books and had plenty of nice books to pick through.
First time Batman and the Shadow meet.
Post 269 IP   flag post

First creeper. Ditko cover
Post 270 IP   flag post

First app. Demon. Kirby
Post 271 IP   flag post

First Parasite app.
Post 272 IP   flag post

Second app. Of Metamorpho
Post 273 IP   flag post

Neal Adams cover
Post 274 IP   flag post
Got these above for an average of $22 each. This Thursday, I am hoping to dig through some more short boxes.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user

Just got this today. Not sure why, but i love thos comic some reason
Post 276 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I took a little break from buying back issues and then I went on a bit of a spree Overall I'm pretty happy with the condition especially Batman 237. The detective comics is definitely in need of a press but I got it for a good deal.

Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 279 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
I took a little break from buying back issues and then I went on a bit of a spree Overall I'm pretty happy with the condition especially Batman 237. The detective comics is definitely in need of a press but I got it for a good deal.

I love that 237 cover. It's definitely on my list.
Post 280 IP   flag post
600782 999 30