Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch Covers

Artist Jon Hughes sketch cover thread2195

Collector JonHughes private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! I'm starting a new thread to share my work daily. You'll be able to see about a cover a day on this thread. Remember, I am available for commissions, so message me if you're interested. Also, I post work often on my ebay store, so check that out if you're interested in snagging some. Thanks for looking! my ebay store
To kick this thread off, here's my most recent finished cover, Deadpool raining bubbles. X)

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Any progress registering for yellow label here?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I still have no idea of how to do that. =P
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHughes
Quote:

You can contact CBCS and they will work with you. Basically, I believe you have to fill out some paperwork and send both the comic and the paperwok directly to CBCS. You can put it under someone elses account, but it needs to go either directly to CBCS from the artist or from the artist to an authorized witness.

There have been several artists that have done this. I've even heard of a father having his daughters drawing done to have as a keepsake.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here's a commission I just finished:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHughes
Quote:

You can contact CBCS and they will work with you. Basically, I believe you have to fill out some paperwork and send both the comic and the paperwok directly to CBCS. You can put it under someone elses account, but it needs to go either directly to CBCS from the artist or from the artist to an authorized witness.

There have been several artists that have done this. I've even heard of a father having his daughters drawing done to have as a keepsake.

From what I understand there's no registration process or anything. I can just send books whenever I need to. Seems to be a lot of confusion about this, but my CBCS is an official sponsor of my publishing imprint, Overground Comics, so I'm sure that they can work with me on whatever I need.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I think the confusion might be in "registering". Authorized witnesses need to be registered as witnesses with CBCS for every event they are witnessing at. You, as the artist, don't need to do that. But there has to be paperwork ... there is ALWAYS paperwork. LOL!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@JonHughes Definitely get the ball rolling on the yellow labels. I think you will see an increase in sales with the books slabbed, even if you have to double the price to cover the process. I myself don't buy raw sketch covers, but I've seen a few of yours I'd buy if they were yellow label slabbed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here's something a little different. Legion on an X-Men Legacy cover:

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Nice cover! To be clear, I think what you were trying to say is that because you work for Overground CBCS knows who you are and therefore anything you submit gets a yellow?
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think he was wondering if he could use Overground as a go between. But that really isn't necessary for an artist to have a go between witness, just need to acquire the proper paperwork to fill out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm just saying that I've got a good relationship with the CBCS. Doesn't imply any favoritism or anything. CBCS puts integrity first, and I wouldn't want them to change that for my benefit.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just finished this one to list tonight:

Post 13 IP   flag post
Here's a new one of Groot:

Post 14 IP   flag post
Here's one going up tonight:

Post 15 IP   flag post
Here's a new one. Impulse on a Flash blank:

Post 16 IP   flag post
Here's a new one. Raven on a Teen Titans blank:

Post 17 IP   flag post
Here's a Lobo on a Convergence cover. First time I've drawn him.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the Raven one is cool. it reminds me of the episode with her "Legs" on Teen Titans Go!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
the Raven one is cool. it reminds me of the episode with her "Legs" on Teen Titans Go!

Thanks! I used a more comic book interpretation of the Teen Titans Go! design. That show is awesome.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here's a new one, Shadowcat:

Post 21 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the impulse one was a great idea, and i love the motion of the cover. that one should sell well
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
the impulse one was a great idea, and i love the motion of the cover. that one should sell well
Thanks!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Here's a fun Gwen Stacy:

Post 24 IP   flag post
598069 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?