Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Announces New Service "Raw Grade!"2164

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@RJP Raw Grades should have a blue grade sticker on the front lower right corner and two CBCS logo stickers sealing the back mylar flap witch are tamper evident. If you are not seeing what I described they probably made a mistake and did not grade the books that failed the screen.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector RJP private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! Sounds like they weren't graded properly. I'll give customer service a call tomorrow. Thanks again!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector silverage1375 private msg quote post Address this user
This is a potential suggestion for any CBCS employee(s) that might see this. I haven't read every post in this thread, so hope this isn't redundant. Anyway, I very much like the idea of the raw grade, but it would be significantly improved if there was a check for restoration included. Perhaps you could have the person doing the grading spend a couple of minutes looking for signs of obvious restoration. Then, if none is found you could include a notation stating something simple like "A brief examination reveals no obvious signs of restoration."
Post 128 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I suggested early on that including the resto check would help with the price point.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector CosmicReads private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicReads
Will this service also offer Yellow Label and Red Label Options? What is the expected savings in shipping costs?

No sigs. Just grades.

I would love to see a yellow label option for Raw Grades. Many customers want to buy a signed book and also want to read it (especially on Modern books). A lot easier for the customer to crack open a Raw Grade than a slabbed book.

I know we would use this option more often especially when we have in-store signings.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector silverage1375 private msg quote post Address this user
That is a good idea as well. Maybe once they have done the Raw grading for a while, they can add other services like the signature services.

I think a brief restoration check would attract a lot of takers. I can spend two minutes looking at a book myself and have a very good idea about restoration. They could specify that it is not an in-depth check to cover themselves, but I bet they would catch 90+ pct. of restorations.

I'm sure part of not doing these things is they don't want to cannibalize their slabbing services, but I think these types of services would add to their bottom line not subtract from them. It would also help further differentiate CBCS from CGC.
Post 131 IP   flag post
600500 131 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?