Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeSignatures

What have you found in the Wild lately?2154

COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
@zosocane it's one of them stories if I told the whole thing you still wouldnt believe It lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@CopperAgeKids @DarthLego oh lesson learned. I usually learn stuff the hard way like this.

Lesson learned. Legally you have no duty to educate a seller about what the seller is selling you. Your duty is to pay whatever price you agree on by the agreed upon deadline, free of any liens. As a seller, he has no duty to educate you about patent defects (e.g., obvious color-breaking crease), but he does have a duty to educate you about latent (i.e., hidden) defects such as resto, if he knows the book has resto.
yes you are right about the legal issue. Sometimes what is legal may not be the right thing to do. Scenario: old lady down the street from you knows you collects comics and comes to your house one day. Her husband recently passed away and had some old comics. She is getting rid of a lot of his stuff. She know you like comics and offers them to you. One of them is an Action Comics #1 in VF/NM condition. What do you do??
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Scenario: old lady down the street from you knows you collects comics and comes to your house one day. Her husband recently passed away and had some old comics. She is getting rid of a lot of his stuff. She know you like comics and offers them to you. One of them is an Action Comics #1 in VF/NM condition. What do you do??

Sell the Action #1, give her the proceeds, keep the rest.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I would get it pressed and graded by CBCS and put it up for auction. Then I would give her a large portion of it or make sure her house is paid off and take care of all of her bills.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Ya but like other have said in this thread you are under no legal requirement to help someone realize the real selling value of a comic that they are grossly undervaluing.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ya but like other have said in this thread you are under no legal requirement to help someone realize the real selling value of a comic that they are grossly undervaluing.
I believe in doing what feels right and helping others when I can. I can also sleep better knowing they benefited from the situation. I was in a high pressure sales job as a hvac service tech and they would push us so hard about up-selling and meeting all these crazy effiecency numbers. I was to the point where I was not happy selling things to people that they really did not need, but I was put in a spot to improve my numbers or be let go. This was their pitch to all their technicians. I finally quite and started my own business. This way I have all the control of how I do things. Now I can sleep good at night knowing I have integrity and morals and can provide a good, quality service at a fair price.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
If you consider a couple of years ago to be recent, I found these at two different local shows.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user

Bought this online recently, I'd say its about a 4.0 and definitely paid much less than that grade would command in more formal settings.

Also waiting on delivery for a Superman 123 I also bought online for about the same price, but looks to be a much higher grade.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user

This baby was a great find even though at the time I bought it I didn't think so.

I went to a guy advertising some comics on Craigslist. He had an amazing collection and was willing to sell at Overstreet prices, but some of his grading on older books was a little off (he had a few EC's that were VG/F that he thought were F/VF). This book I bought for $100, and I was ok with it, but didn't think I got a steal - just thought I got a really great condition book.

Fast forward 4 years and the Reverse Flash is HOT. Now I look like a genius . . .
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
If you consider a couple of years ago to be recent, I found these at two different local shows.

I wouldn't mind a find like that
Post 35 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got a total of 12 comics and a beat up Detectives magazine for $10 shipped off an eBay auction. Here are the better comics. I usually wouldn't bother posting Treasure Chest comics, but I do like these covers. And the last one is a comic title I've wanted for a LONG time!! I basically bought this lot just for this comic!!

While not in the best shape - it's the one I'm most pleased with ...

Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector jaeldubyoo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

That's one of my favorite covers. I think that cover is so cool. It reminds me of L.B. Cole art. I have one that's about a 6.5/7.0, but I would love to get a high grade one.
Post 37 IP   flag post
597883 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?