Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Grade opinion appreciated21242

Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanting opinions on where you think this book may grade at, thanks in advance for all opinions.

Post 1 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Based on those two photos and with all the caveats, 7.0…

There is something going on across the back cover that is hard to make out in the photo… that could bring it lower.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
no, just shadow from taking the picture, I was just trying to get an idea of how bad the tanning will take it down, I really appreciate your input.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
I think with a press and clean it'd be an 8.0
Post 4 IP   flag post
Better picture hopefully

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DoorCntyComicColl private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDS
I think with a press and clean it'd be an 8.0

Agree.. with a good cleaning on the back cover along with a press will do wonders...
Post 6 IP   flag post
If CGC a 9.9

If CBCS 9.0
Post 7 IP   flag post
In all seriousness... depending how the back comes out with a press and clean, I really do think you're in the 8.5 - 9.2 range. The corners aren't great but the cover is clean with awesome gloss still and the spine looks to be in good shape too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like an 8.0/8.5

nice book...I'm subbing a Kull 1.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DoorCntyComicColl private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDS
In all seriousness... depending how the back comes out with a press and clean, I really do think you're in the 8.5 - 9.2 range. The corners aren't great but the cover is clean with awesome gloss still and the spine looks to be in good shape too.

One other thing to keep in mind is if you are planning to slab the book and selling it may end up costing you money in the end. I did a quick check on GoCollect (no sale was done with CBCS) and GPAnalysis (does not take CBCS into account) shows a sale range from $40-$60 in the 8.5 - 9.2 range. No sales for the last few years (except when you get to the 9.6-9.8 range, though the book does look in great shape, solid and no color breaking tics that I can see, so with a clean and press a 9.6 may be possible).

So the cost of slabbing/cleaning/press/shipping could be in the $40-$50 range. If it were me I think I would keep it raw. Its still a good looking book.. But to each his own.. Good Luck!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like 9.0 to me. Definitely clean and press before grading, if you pull the trigger on it. Nice book!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll say 9.0 with no better than OW pages.
Post 12 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
9.0.... LIKE @lawguy1977 & @esaravo SAID...
Post 13 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Based on those two photos and with all the caveats, 7.0…

There is something going on across the back cover that is hard to make out in the photo… that could bring it lower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
no, just shadow from taking the picture, I was just trying to get an idea of how bad the tanning will take it down, I really appreciate your input.

Was actually referring to / wondering what is happening on back cover near the text “US government figures…” and “back to classroom”… is that a printing crease? Something else?

Also, the back cover edge, hard to see if impact/crumple or some fraying. Then the light soiling back edge, and some soft edges/corners.

If submitted as-is, based on the added photos I’ll stick with 7.0. If cleaning and press clean up some of those more minor issues, I can see up to an 8.5.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you all for the input, greatly appreciated, not grading to sell, I have a half dozen copies of that entire series, just trying to pick out the best copies to have that entire series graded for my personal collection.
Post 15 IP   flag post
619263 15 15