Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Anyone have experience with collectors comics auctions?21239

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I am thinking of lettng go some books and the 5 & fee structure and not having to deal with mailing seems very appealing. Has anyone had experience with them? If it matters the books will be in the 2k range so they arent garbage books.

Edit

Im simulating inputing books and there is featured and weekly auction. Should the rarer books be put in featured?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry - have not heard of these guys before - will go check it out though!!

Oh no wait....just checked the about us.

Heard of them but never tried - I think I am jaded from his youtube channel...that at times is decent but at other times is not so much.....
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

I have been using the Collectors Comics Featured auction (4 per year) for the last couple of years.
He started at 0% cost to you, but that ended last year and is now 5% which is lower than anywhere I know.

They are quick, efficient, and updates are provided on their website for your specific books under your own Dashboard. So you know exactly that they've received and you can see the listings when they list prior to the auction.

Lastly, and most importantly to me - they pay out to me via personal check. I won't go into the reasons why that is important, but electronic payments are.... let's say.... "scrutinized".

I've gotten anywhere from FMV for my books all the way down to alot less than FMV for books that are (quite frankly) junk books - which is to be expected I suppose.
But if you stick with nice books from Marvel and DC, there are alot of eyes on their auctions.

I have 12 books in their upcoming November featured auction

Unfortunately, I have no experience in their Weekly auctions; just the Featured ones
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector gecon50 private msg quote post Address this user
I used them when they first started and had only quarterly auctions and no fees. Sold a number of silver-age books including a Fantastic Four #12 graded at 5.0. Everything went very smoothly. Any questions/concerns I had were answered in a timely manner. Once items were sold and the buyer paid, my payment came very quickly. They also seem to have a substantial number of bidders. Two thumbs up from me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector waynemel private msg quote post Address this user
From a buying perspective, it has been a positive experience for me. Purchased a couple of books at great prices and shipment has been quick. Their communication is great too. Keeps me up to date and replies are quick.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
My mistake. I was talking about cbb auctions, not cca.
Post 6 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Dave Wilson. He has the YT channel. A bit annoying with his market reactions. Also, his dad is the one who left CBCS for PSA and is the reason for the CBCS lawsuit.

If you're concerned about fees, I sell on MySlabs. They used to only allow graded books but that's changed. I started when their seller fee was 1%. It has since skyrocketed to 2%.
There is also the 3% payment fee so basically 5% total now. Not sure if the 5% you mentioned includes payment fee.

They also do auctions now.

But...you do have to mail it yourself.
Post 7 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Hey bud, I have been buying from Thomas for years. He used to list on Feebay, but has migrated most items to his own platform. I have never participated in the auctions. I do know he has a tendency to over grade books he is selling. Big surprise.
He is a nice fellow. But he is also a Wilson related to the others as @Sigur_Ros mentioned above.
For 5% you should do alright. Start slow.... Maybe 2 or 3 books to test the water.
His featured auctions (four per year) are for bigger books and bring decent sales...
Post 8 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros Happy Birthday over there... Seems like yesterday you had one of these things...
Time flies when you get older....
Post 9 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Sigur_Ros Happy Birthday over there... Seems like yesterday you had one of these things...
Time flies when you get older....

Well thank you buddy.
And yes, time is flying.
And unfortunately I'm crawling.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Grzegorzgrd private msg quote post Address this user
I have bought stuff there previously. They were really good to deal with. Good response times and very helpful and friendly. I am in Canada so they helped me avoid paying a lot of tax when shipping across the border. I did a money transfer via Paypal which saved me the buyers premiums. I think their weekly auctions which started about a year ago don't get as much traffic vs their main ones.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros Happy Birthday!! 🍻
Post 12 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros Happy Birthday!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Sigur_Ros Happy Birthday!! 🍻

Thank you bud!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977

Thank you!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros happy bday!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
I hope your off tomorrow and party hard tonight
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
@Sigur_Ros happy bday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
I hope your off tomorrow and party hard tonight

Thank you both. Appreciate it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
619263 18 18