Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedQuestions

Manga Grading- Zasshi21237

CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukenstein

That’s my copy of Weekly Shonen Jump 1984 51 (First Son Goku and Dragon Ball) that I just sent in for grading. Very excited.

Welcome! Out of curiosity did you join because of manga?

Happy you are here!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Lukenstein private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story Yes, cause of the new Zaashi grading, was excited to share this book. But I’ve been collecting comics for years. Pretty much only collecting Dragon Ball at the moment.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have to admit, this makes me hope CBCS is one step close to grading pulps. I don't collect manga (the stuff I want is far out of my potential budget for something I can't read), but I do collect pulps. A case that can hold a zasshi could fit a pulp (essentially the same dimensions but for thickness), with a suitable inner well.
Post 28 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Manga print runs are multiples (often many multiples) of comics. Will be interesting to see how it all develops… I think it is a useful service as currently there is a very real risk of buying fakes (eg weekly shonen jump 51 1984… many, many fakes out there).
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Manga print runs are multiples (often many multiples) of comics. Will be interesting to see how it all develops… I think it is a useful service as currently there is a very real risk of buying fakes (eg weekly shonen jump 51 1984… many, many fakes out there).

Yes most I’ve seen online of Weekly Shonen Jump 1984 51 are fakes. There are specific signs to look for when getting a real copy. Mine is a real copy, but it’s messed up to see some people have bought the fakes for a lot of money. Also, I believe it’s doable to find a copy of Weekly 51, but to find a true copy in decent condition now might be what makes it worth collecting. I doubt there are thousands, maybe even less than hundreds, of them left in good condition at all.
Post 30 IP   flag post

CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Wade_Story Yes, cause of the new Zaashi grading, was excited to share this book. But I’ve been collecting comics for years. Pretty much only collecting Dragon Ball at the moment.

That’s awesome to hear. Welcome again!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:

That’s awesome to hear. Welcome again!

Thank you!
Post 32 IP   flag post
619666 32 7