Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Pickups from Local Show This Weekend21232

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn't planning to spend as much as I did with NYCC coming up but here is the haul from this weekend.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
If you don't mind me asking how much does a raw Strange Academy #1 go for?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
If you don't mind me asking how much does a raw Strange Academy #1 go for?

Stocker was $50. Worked a deal with the seller for four books and paid about $39.

I will see Ramos at BYCC to get it signed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@drchaos nice price! I have a set of all covers of the 1st issue but I slabbed them all and they are now CGC 9.8's. I will be seeing Ramos at OAX on January 2025 but I really don't know if I should pull them out of the slabs to get them signed. The 1:50 is a $1k book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos nice price! I have a set of all covers of the 1st issue but I slabbed them all and they are now CGC 9.8's. I will be seeing Ramos at OAX on January 2025 but I really don't know if I should pull them out of the slabs to get them signed. The 1:50 is a $1k book.

If you have a 9.4 or 9.6 it is worth the risk, especially if you can also add Skottie Young at another show.

I might be going back to Heroes Con next year or might just see him at one of my other shows.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@drchaos all are 9.8's. hence my doubt
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos all are 9.8's. hence my doubt

The only reason to crack a 9.8 is if it has very little value without the signature or if you could live with a 9.6 coming back after the signature.

Otherwise its probably not worth the risk.
Post 7 IP   flag post
619041 7 7