Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

I want to see your error books!21227

I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I find error books fascinating, and was inspired by TheShocker's thread on his new Dazzler book. I have a couple in my collection that are of interest to me, at least, and would like to see what publishing whoopsies other members have collected.

Here are a couple of mine to start:

I find this one kind of hilarious and dumb. I love the Phonogram books, and subbed all three series at my LCS after something like issue 3 of the first. This book was recalled and destroyed, all for having the bar code from issue 4. Other than the barcode, it's identical to the corrected edition. What I find funny about it is that "nobody knew" where the issues that got into circulation came from. I knew from day one: the creative team was sent these as the comp copies, and nobody thought to ask for them back. I got mine directly from Matt Wilson, who didn't even know it was recalled at the time.

This one, I'm never sure what to call it. Is it X-Men: Manifest Destiny #5 with the wrong interior, or X-Men/Spider-Man #3 with the wrong cover?

My LCS knows I love Dazzler, so when they returned these books they held two of them out for me. I will get them graded someday, but I'm not in a hurry to do it.

So those are a couple of mine. What other interesting oddities of the production process lurk in forum member's long boxes?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MonkeyDaluffy private msg quote post Address this user

Guess you can count this as error. Was produced and sold without staples from 1942
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
From that period I think it would have at least 1 staple.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
From that period I would think it would have at least 1 staple.

I thought so as well, but it has no staples marks whatsoever.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@MonkeyDaluffy No-staple books are cool, especially ones that old. How lucky was that copy to stay together for over 80 years without staples?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@MonkeyDaluffy No-staple books are cool, especially ones that old. How lucky was that copy to stay together for over 80 years without staples?

I said the same thing I bought it graded and took it out to check and it was so suprising
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll dig them out for you eventually

I have Spawn’s Universe cover D with 1 staple

I forget what title newer book I have is missing the Digital Code sticker. Not cool but interesting in its own right I guess.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDaluffy

Guess you can count this as error. Was produced and sold without staples from 1942

To survive like that is amazing!

I’d like to know if this was actually common for certain prints during war time due to supply of metals?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDaluffy

To survive like that is amazing!

I’d like to know if this was actually common for certain prints during war time due to supply of metals?

Yes alot of the WWII books were due to metal shortages. Not many came with no staples at least most I've seen came with 1 staple
Post 9 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Cut vertically off center.

<sarcasm>It's the incredibly rare "white stripe" error variant worth 20x GPA!!!</sarcasm>

Post 10 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Swamp Thing 3 missing a color when printing.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few in my PC, which I mentioned in Shocker’s thread.

I’ll post up those three here shortly.

I do have a one staple error book with a severe misfit at the bottom of the book, which I bought from MCS and had held for consignment….probably going to have to have them send it to CGC for slabbing as they can’t add a manufacturing error notation to the listing title.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=59771191

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My Witchblade vs The Darkness has a really badly miscut centerfold

Post 13 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Double Covers

Post 14 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user

Here I have a Strange Fantasy #9 1952 cover wrapped around an interior of Dark Mysteries #24 from 1955. It is a known error with with this cover. Black Cat, Boy’s Ranch, War Front, and the Horror. Which my understanding is the rarest error.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICConquest

Here I have a Strange Fantasy #9 1952 cover wrapped around an interior of Dark Mysteries #24 from 1955. It is a known error with with this cover. Black Cat, Boy’s Ranch, War Front, and the Horror. Which my understanding is the rarest error.

Wow, I have a copy of this. I didn't know there are different interiors. I'm going to have to dig out of to see what I have.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post

Page was folded over before cutting so it overlaps out when unfolded at the center fold. This is my reading copy.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Optic_Blast
Let us know when you find out. You have me curious.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
619041 22 22