Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 2/13/20172122

Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
Ya the wait is the hardest part when you do get them back let me know how the channels work and look I was thinking about doing that also.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Oh for sure. I'm gonna try to do it soon.
Post 27 IP   flag post
What this guy did is what I was thinking of doing.

https://youtu.be/NSGnwqSZoCY
Post 28 IP   flag post
I like that thanks.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage
I actually don't I display some stuff but all my major books go in my safe I bought a big fire and flood proof safe and the other stuff I frame in my man cave with other stuff

I'd read somewhere (possibly in Overstreet's grading guide) that the fireproofing chemicals used in such safes, along with moisture concerns, can be HIGHLY detrimental to collectible paper. May be worth doing some research on to make sure your books aren't fighting a war of attrition against their environment.

My best stuff is under the gaze of the all seeing eye of the FDIC.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector SavageFinale private msg quote post Address this user

this is how I have displayed my graded books, sorry about my ugly mug being in the pic
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageFinale

this is how I have displayed my graded books, sorry about my ugly mug being in the pic

What did you use? Sorry, the pic is very blurred
Post 32 IP   flag post
Even if the book is graded in the protective plastic that's the only books I put into the safe graded keys?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Even if the book is graded in the protective plastic that's the only books I put into the safe graded keys?

I don't believe the wells are air tight. Like I said, may be worth some investigation. There may be nothing to it.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Thanks for the safe info I just looked into it and bought a safe dehumidifier and that will prevent and deterioration. The article you spoke about was saying the humidity in the safe makes the books messed up and rusts the staples but now I will be a hundred percent protected
Post 35 IP   flag post
And nice pic I like that look the comics display nice
Post 36 IP   flag post
When does the last shipment leave CBCS? My books just hit shipping. Fearful of a weekend spent in shipping limbo waiting for my grades...
Post 37 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Stu
When does the last shipment leave CBCS? My books just hit shipping. Fearful of a weekend spent in shipping limbo waiting for my grades...

Your books just finished QC. FedEx has already picked up today.
They won't ship until Monday.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info Steve! I figured with it being EST they had already picked up for the day.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Hey Steve sorry to bother you but can you give me an estimate on how long my books will be in QC its been there for a good amount of time? I also added the fast pass to all of them I'm just wondering when they will be shipped thanks.
Post 40 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hey Steve sorry to bother you but can you give me an estimate on how long my books will be in QC its been there for a good amount of time? I also added the fast pass to all of them I'm just wondering when they will be shipped thanks.

I would expect it to move to shipping any day. If you don't see it change by Tuesday, call the office and ask about it.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Ok will do thank you.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I had a book with Fast Pass that been "prosessing" for the last two weeks at least. Hope this gets updated soon
Post 43 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageFinale

Nice looking dog.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I had a book with Fast Pass that been "prosessing" for the last two weeks at least. Hope this gets updated soon

I made this mistake before...open the order. There is a status within it that tells you what point of "processing" it is in.

Hope that helps!
Post 45 IP   flag post
598062 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?