CBCS Turnaround 2/13/20172122

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts As the saying goes, "It is, what it is."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
How long does your comics stay in quality control while in the grading process?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like you guys are getting a bit more caught up. Thanks for the update @SteveRicketts!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
I have books received on 12/5 that are still in QC.

I haven't submitted a lot on my own (usually through an AW or broker). How long does the QC status typically last? It looks like, from this update, my books should have shipped already?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonwilliam

I haven't submitted a lot on my own (usually through an AW or broker). How long does the QC status typically last? It looks like, from this update, my books should have shipped already?

Usually takes me about a week to go from QC to shipped. Knowing that, I still check it every morning though
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! I didn't realize we were already at the end of December. My next order was received January 6th, so it should be coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Your order was received on 12/9.
The date I put on the shipping is just general. Because of the way production workflows are, there may be a few orders that straggle a few days.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Your order was received on 12/9.
The date I put on the shipping is just general. Because of the way production workflows are, there may be a few orders that straggle a few days.

Thanks for clarifying, Steve. Sorry for the confusion. Looking forward to seeing the grades!

Keep up the great work.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Sitting here hitting refresh like a crackhead. 3 quickstream on a fast pass and a rapid received 2/7. Patience isn't my strong point.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lol me to I have 23 in QC since Friday all on fast pass and I am constantly checking lol.
Post 11 IP   flag post
At least you're into QC! I'm still sitting at processing. I know they'll move fast once they get going, but the suspense is killing me. My first subs through CBCS in-house pressing, so I'm excited to see the results.
Post 12 IP   flag post
lol me to first submission with pressing and I'm so anxious to see what I got
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad Im not the only obsessive addict...Ive been in QC since thursday and they already told me probably by Fri, but I keep checking refresh/update every 2 hours. I need a life..they're not even good books...I just wanted to send something in
Post 14 IP   flag post
lol I here you as soon as I get them back I have 92 more books to send and get pressed and majority of them are keys. I might go mad lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage
lol I here you as soon as I get them back I have 92 more books to send and get pressed and majority of them are keys. I might go mad lol

Holy crap!! How much is that going to run you?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
About the cost of a ASM1 4.0 I'd expect
Post 17 IP   flag post
A lot lol I have a nm hulk 181, vf to vf+ strange tales 110, 2 amazing spiderman 129's in vf or better and a ton more that are a little less key or as good I might have to rob a bank lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
A lot lol I have a nm hulk 181, vf to vf+ strange tales 110, 2 amazing spiderman 129's in vf or better and a ton more that are a little less key or as good I might have to rob a bank lol

I sent in 9 modern books and was kind of freaking out about paying over 300 bucks with shipping and the bronze membership fee.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ya it's costly but worth it my submission I'm waiting on is 23 books all but 3 where pressed and I got a membership also for that lot it costs me close to $1,500 for that so I could only imagine the next batch I might have to get a loan to get them graded lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ya it's costly but worth it my submission I'm waiting on is 23 books all but 3 where pressed and I got a membership also for that lot it costs me close to $1,500 for that so I could only imagine the next batch I might have to get a loan to get them graded lol

Are you doing this to flip them or for your own collection?
Post 21 IP   flag post
My own collection my insane expensive hobby lol and besides paying to get them graded I have 12 key books I want to pick up this year on top of all the pressing and grading.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
My own collection my insane expensive hobby lol and besides paying to get them graded I have 12 key books I want to pick up this year on top of all the pressing and grading.

That's awesome!!! How do you go about displaying them if you don't mind me asking? I just started with grading books.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I actually don't I display some stuff but all my major books go in my safe I bought a big fire and flood proof safe and the other stuff I frame in my man cave with other stuff
Post 24 IP   flag post
That's cool. I don't have anything worth enough to go into a safe. I'm gonna mount some channels on my wall to hold the books. Gotta get some books back from grading first though. Haha. Mine were received 2 weeks ago today so I still have some waiting to do.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Ya the wait is the hardest part when you do get them back let me know how the channels work and look I was thinking about doing that also.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Oh for sure. I'm gonna try to do it soon.
Post 27 IP   flag post
What this guy did is what I was thinking of doing.

https://youtu.be/NSGnwqSZoCY
Post 28 IP   flag post
I like that thanks.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
I actually don't I display some stuff but all my major books go in my safe I bought a big fire and flood proof safe and the other stuff I frame in my man cave with other stuff

I'd read somewhere (possibly in Overstreet's grading guide) that the fireproofing chemicals used in such safes, along with moisture concerns, can be HIGHLY detrimental to collectible paper. May be worth doing some research on to make sure your books aren't fighting a war of attrition against their environment.

My best stuff is under the gaze of the all seeing eye of the FDIC.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?