CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New To Your Collection #1821200

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 176 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user




Post 177 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 178 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 179 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Posted this previously in the GA thread but here is the most challenging and thus rewarding comic acquisition I’ve ever made. First print appearance of Superman (first publication in any media, in fact). Predates Action Comics #1 and its actual distribution date also predates the other previews (in Tec 15 and in the also-exceptionally-rare New Adventures 26). It also represents the first published image of -the- archetype for what launched an entire genre, a superhero.

This was part of Christine Farrell’s estate, one of two known complete DC collections. The other, originally Ian Levine’s, sold earlier this year, though the interior ad in that copy was likely heavily soiled (water damaged cover).

Over the past few years I’ve managed to account for about 75% of known copies (from about a dozen total, including restored and coverless missing the ad entirely). None had owners willing to sell, including when asking them to name their price… so feel incredibly -thankful- to have a chance to add this beautiful copy. This is now another copy off the market and something I plan to pass down to my kids.


Post 180 • IP   flag post


You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave That's awesome. Congratulations! What a historic get.
Post 181 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave congratulations..an amazing book!!
Post 182 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Huge book indeed!! Congrats...good things come to those who wait....it's a big book too, physically speaking...it's a 70 pager I believe.
Post 183 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave - Historic pickup! Congratulations.
Post 184 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 @esaravo @GAC @KatKomics

Thank you!

Incredibly difficult book to get.

Funny enough was asleep with high fever during most of the auction. Set a phone alarm ahead of my estimate of when the lot would go to live bidding. Woke up in time to bid (and win) and then went back to sleep… didn’t get to really enjoy the win until recently.

Plan to custom frame the book beside a reproduction of the interior advertisement and a brief description of its significance.
Post 185 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I got the following in an online auction. Some are nice and others are in crappy condition. The drawback of an auction is they don't always take a clear picture. Overall, I am pleased with most of the ones I won.




Post 186 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user



Post 187 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user


Post 188 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave, That's Amazing!!
Post 189 • IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave 15G I wish I could afford books like that! Congratulations!!!
Post 190 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Upgraded my Punisher MAX Vol. 1 & 2 TPB to the omnibus.

Hopefully this means Omnibus Vol. 2 will be back in print, soon.



Post 191 • IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort thanks!
@OGJackster Haha, thanks. I was willing to go up to 3x more than what I paid so was happy to have “saved” so much. That’s also how I described it to my wife.

This highest graded copy went for $105k a few months earlier:



Here is mine. Personally, I don’t see enough difference and happy to pocket the savings:


Post 192 • IP   flag post
HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user



1 of 15k
Post 193 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for a fairly priced one of
these for 2-3 years. Finally.


Post 194 • IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user



















Post 195 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user



Post 196 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user



Edit: I snatched this up as well but its condition isn’t as nice. Vallejo cover for 12 bucks? Yessir. Even better, I used a gift card from my bday a month and a half ago.


Post 197 • IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
got a record player as an early Christmas gift so starting to collect old records

so far only have a random Christmas album

but I think is a good find is Elvis' first gospel album "His hand in mine" I got for $1 at local habitat
Post 198 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some odds and ends 1st issues:









found this one


Post 199 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Sigh. My first purchase from @DrWatson isn’t for me. Maybe some day. Anyway, thanks for the easy transaction amigo!


Post 200 • IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim My brother who passed away a few years ago has a massive Andy Griffin collection. Hundreds of memorabilia, set props, cast personal items and autographs. Surprisingly I don't recall seeing a copy of this in his collection. How he would of really of loved this book.
Post 201 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics Sorry to hear of your loss. He certainly had good taste & he probably knew about this book, if he didn’t have it.

It would be cool to see a sample of his collection sometime.
Post 202 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 203 • IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka



What an amazing pickup!! Good on ya!
Post 204 • IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
My latest pickup.

Batman #251


Post 205 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30