Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1821200

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Picked up a few new books at the Bedrock City Comic Con in Houston today.

I was able to trade one book that was in my collection (I had dupes) for these four books. The first two fill holes in my Truevision collection:

The next one should be of interest to @PolarisNuclearSS2020 as it is a Dell comic detailing the events of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This is, if I am not mistaken, a reprint of Dell Combat #2. It's also a Dell file copy.

Lastly, the big book that I wanted in the trade. It's been a few years since I sold my only other copy and I've regretted parting with it so I'm happy to be able to add this one to my collection.

jesus DWeeB1967, what did you trade and you had dupes? Nice HOS 92, you got me by .5!
Post 26 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
jesus DWeeB1967, what did you trade and you had dupes? Nice HOS 92, you got me by .5!

I actually traded a really nice copy of "Hero for Hire" #1. I recently upgraded my copy with a cleaner copy I bought from AlanL. So I was able to trade that copy for these. You know me... I love DC horror books like you do and I've been working on my Truevision collection for a few years. I just couldn't pass this up.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Love horror, should start a horror thread.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
Love horror, should start a horror thread.
Go for it dude. Good idea
Post 29 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll start one this afternoon sometime, just picked up a short box of misc horror.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Another batch.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Another batch.

@sportshort The JLA covers are great. They Look like fun reads. I will have to get a few to check out. I probably read some as a kid, but I can't recall.

Thanks for sharing 👍
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve hunted for a decent copy of “Andy Griffith” #1 for years. Finally got one for an okay price. Despite the fact it was packed horribly, it arrived intact.

Post 33 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’ve hunted for a decent copy of “Andy Griffith” #1 for years. Finally got one for an okay price. Despite the fact it was packed horribly, it arrived intact.

My wife would LOVE this book. She and her mom are big Andy Griffith Show fans. I've actually grown to enjoy it myself because of them.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Maybe grab her one!

I grew up on the reruns myself & I’ve seen every black & white episode probably a dozen times. It’s quite nostalgic for me.

There are only two issues in the Dell run. I definitely want to find a low grade copy of this for reading & a high grade #2 to complete the set.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@DWeeB1967 Maybe grab her one!

I grew up on the reruns myself & I’ve seen every black & white episode probably a dozen times. It’s quite nostalgic for me.

There are only two issues in the Dell run. I definitely want to find a low grade copy of this for reading & a high grade #2 to complete the set.

I'll have to add it to my list.
Post 36 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
These are some I picked up this week.
Pictures are not the greatest, but you can see them.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Love me some Gold Keys
Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
Bill Stout is the MAN

I actually have that King Kong in a 9.4 CGC SS.. signed by Simpson. Who gives these things up?
Post 40 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

These are both signed by George Perez about three years before his passing. (RIP)

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

I picked these up at Kingpin Books in Lisbon, Portugal.
Post 42 IP   flag post
last batch for a while of, new to my collection

Love Robotech!

My 3rd Shadow #1 but only 2nd graded.

Post 43 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Got all these with trade credit from MCS
I just love these!

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICConquest
Got all these with trade credit from MCS
I just love these!

Wow, that's amazing!
Post 45 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@ICConquest That 25 is sharp... I once had a 9.4 from the Borock cgc days...
Oh the agony of not having it anymore... lol....
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user
There's just something about Golden/Silver Age books with those prominent yellow backgrounds... just makes the art pop.

Nice haul.
Post 47 IP   flag post
619041 47 22