CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New To Your Collection #1821200

I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Psyched out of my mind about this February pick up.


Post 426 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 That's awesome.
Your comment reminds me of the card guys that state that they are shaking when they pull a chase card. Lol.
Nice pick up!
Post 427 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@drmccoy74 That's awesome.
Your comment reminds me of the card guys that state that they are shaking when they pull a chase card. Lol.
Nice pick up!

Love Henry Pym. For me. Hands down the most interesting Marvel character. He has been through so much over his history it's almost like the Marvel writers hate him.
Post 428 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Psyched out of my mind about this February pick up.



Congratulations.

That's one TTA I'd love to own one day.
Post 429 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Psyched out of my mind about this February pick up.




Fantastic book!!! Solid solid grade too!

Congrats!
Post 430 • IP   flag post


Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just arrived today, Feb 11th.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures but it's extremity hard to get a good photo of Metal and Holo-Foil covers.

Mark Spears Monsters #2
Metal Cover



Mark Spears Monsters #3
Metal Cover



Mark Spears Monsters #3
Holo Foil Flip Cover





Mark Spears Monsters #3
Marvel 25th Anniversary Homage Cover

Post 431 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Just Arrived today, Feb 13th.

Mark Spears Monsters #3
Virgin Jaws Cover Limited to 450 Copies




Stack of Silver Eagles to Add to the Precious Metals Collection
20x 1 Troy Ounce Coins





Post 432 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@drmccoy74 That's awesome.
Your comment reminds me of the card guys that state that they are shaking when they pull a chase card. Lol.
Nice pick up!

Love Henry Pym. For me. Hands down the most interesting Marvel character. He has been through so much over his history it's almost like the Marvel writers hate him.

Hank Pym is grossly under used! I loved Michael Douglas as a brilliant but arrogant and stubborn genius with the self awareness of the dangers of the science used for mankind.
Post 433 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This one was an upgrade.




This one was $29...love cheap slabs.


Post 434 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC


This one was $29...love cheap slabs.




@GAC I agree that cheap slabs are great. But Cheap Golden Age slabs in high grades is like heroin. You can't resist them once you start buying them. šŸ˜

Or maybe that's just me?
Post 435 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid Oh, I agree with you, but do those even exist? I have a couple of GA books that I got for cheap but they were mid-lower (4.0 & 6.0)...I still love them but yeah, if I saw high grade GA books...I'd be all over that for sure!
Post 436 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
You can't resist them once you start buying them. šŸ˜

Or maybe that's just me?


Its the same way with precious metals... Once ya feel the weight, hear the sound they make, see the horde you're collecting... Its addicting.
Post 437 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Probably my last book new-ish-ly graded by the cgc. Banana slabs and over grading have really put me off. This one is really pretty and the price was reasonable.


Post 438 • IP   flag post
I wonder what was on page 12? andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice
Post 439 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@andy49 Thanks, but when I hold it in my hands, I feel dirty and as though I've let myself down.
Post 440 • IP   flag post
I wonder what was on page 12? andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@andy49 Thanks, but when I hold it in my hands, I feel dirty and as though I've let myself down.


well, put it away until you need to scratch that itch
Post 441 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s my haul from this last weekend’s local Con.

Nothing crazy. I completely struck out on the 2 items I was looking for: TMNT #1 2nd or 3rd print & any of my missing ASM issues below #21.

But, I grabbed some fun odds and ends.




I also met Maurice LaMarche. He signed my Futurama #1. Now I’m only missing Katey Sagal to have the entire main cast’s signature on this book.






He also signed my ā€œAnimaniacsā€ first appearance. The voice actor for ā€œPinkyā€ was also supposed to be there, but he was feeling under the weather and had to bow out at the last minute.



Post 442 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
And a few the wife picked up for her collection.


Post 443 • IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Some books I got recently from trading.






Then these are all errors from 1989 or earlier. I do enjoy manufactured color errors and I am told the 9.9 Fantastic Four is the highest graded multiple cover in the world. Although I couldn’t find out for sure.





Post 444 • IP   flag post
I’m Kinda Married To A Celebrity. 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
One pick up from the local Con last weekend that I initially misplaced is this particularly sharp X-Men Annual 14.


Post 445 • IP   flag post
I keep buying dumb stuff because I'm a bit of an underground influence marketer. Oldfuzznts private msg quote post Address this user



Just picked this up. It originally sold for $199 on eBay, but the post office gave it a whoopin' so I got the discount. How do I resubmit for a new holder and label? Thanks!
Post 446 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Good price on this one.


Post 447 • IP   flag post
Daniel_E private msg quote post Address this user
Had a big mail day over the weekend. Here are a few of my favorites I got in.




Post 448 • IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Spears Monsters #2
Wizard of Oz "Face-Off"
Limited to 200 Copies




Mark Spears Monsters #2
Wizard of Oz "Globe - Dorothy & Gang"
Limited to 200 Copies




Constitutional 90% Silver Half Dollars
200x Coins = 67 Troy Ounces
For the Silver Stacking Collection




Post 449 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 450 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson congrats on your acquisition. That's a pretty old label. The (lack of) design is really boring. I nearly fell asleep while I was reading it.
Post 451 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I disagree...I like those first generation labels.
Post 452 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
They're okay, but they lack quite a bit of information.

The labels do need to be fairly interesting, but they're not supposed to be the star of the show.
Post 453 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
They're okay, but they lack quite a bit of information.

The labels do need to be fairly interesting, but they're not supposed to be the star of the show.


I completely agree that the labels shouldn't overshadow the comic. But IMHO those first gen labels are not professional looking at all. I think they should be easy to read and pleasant to look at. If the comic is important enough to put in a slab, the label should not look like they filled in what little info they provide using typewriter.
Post 454 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
I completely agree that the labels shouldn't overshadow the comic. But IMHO those first gen labels are not professional looking at all. I think they should be easy to read and pleasant to look at. If the comic is important enough to put in a slab, the label should not look like they filled in what little info they provide using typewriter.


Gotta start somewhere.
Post 455 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30