Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1821200

I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
courtesy of @ICConquest

Thanks bud! Great transaction!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Can we make this thread an unlimited post thread? I think we'll always want to show our newest additions to our collections. Thank you! 🍻
Post 2 IP   flag post
My Chihuahua is watching me in case I do something cool. ICConquest private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
courtesy of @ICConquest

Thanks bud! Great transaction!!

@GAC
Thank you and that is a nice group you have there!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightArrow

That's a bit of a scary looking Santa. 😳
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightArrow

That's a bit of a scary looking Santa. 😳
I think that’s “On probation mall Santa”…
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a few new books at the Bedrock City Comic Con in Houston today.

I was able to trade one book that was in my collection (I had dupes) for these four books. The first two fill holes in my Truevision collection:

The next one should be of interest to @PolarisNuclearSS2020 as it is a Dell comic detailing the events of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This is, if I am not mistaken, a reprint of Dell Combat #2. It's also a Dell file copy.

Lastly, the big book that I wanted in the trade. It's been a few years since I sold my only other copy and I've regretted parting with it so I'm happy to be able to add this one to my collection.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Timely's Greatest Omnibus
Three recently acquired Golden Age Timely (pre Marvel) omnibus editions. The pre-war Sub-Mariner book arrived this past Friday. Putting these collections together with the original comics would be prohibitedly expensive. These will be fun reads!

The Golden Age Sub-Mariner: The Pre-War Years
872 pages

COLLECTING: MARVEL COMICS 1; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 2-31; SUB-MARINER COMICS 1-4; HUMAN TORCH 2-6; ALLWINNERS COMICS 1-4; DARING MYSTERY COMICS 7-8; COMEDY COMICS 9

The Golden Age Sub-Mariner: The Post-War Years
568 pages

COLLECTING: SUB-MARINER COMICS 21-24, 26-30, 32-42; NAMORA 1-3; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 84-86, 90-91; HUMAN TORCH 28, 30, 37-38; BLONDE PHANTOM 17; YOUNG MEN 24-28; MEN'S ADVENTURES 28

The Golden Age Human Torch
1032 pages

COLLECTING: MARVEL COMICS 1; MARVEL MYSTERY COMICS 2-34, 83; HUMAN TORCH 2-7, 28; ALL-WINNERS COMICS 1-4; DARING MYSTERY COMICS 7; CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS 76; YOUNG MEN 24-28

Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these two at a con yesterday

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Upgraded 2 for the collection

Post 10 IP   flag post
@poka Nice acquisitions.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector NDS private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this up at Mile High last week during their sale. Got it for the same price it sold for in 2018! Who let's this stuff go?!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector StraightArrow private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, signed by Neal Adam's, too? They must have been hard up for cash.
Post 13 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDS

Picked this up at Mile High last week during their sale. Got it for the same price it sold for in 2018! Who let's this stuff go?!

I've always loved that cover. Beautiful. Nice catch!

Still, I'll never understand why, on so many covers, Adam Strange looked like he had either A) just got kicked in the stomach or B) just slipped on a puddle of God-knows-what and is in the process of falling down.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Chuck was having a 70% of sale for 70 years in the business or something like that. But he finally applied it to other items and not just raw books. I just happened to see it listed, but I thought it was a mistake. I thought "there's no way this book is just laying around in the back...", but somehow it was.

I had my raw copy read for Neal at the next con. I was finally gonna cough up the $50 for his sig since it was one of my favorite covers. But then he passed. Really lucky to have been able to pick this up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Deadpool 7s

Post 16 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Happy to get this book back.

I'll be sending it in to CBCS.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Won these on auction

Post 19 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post

Latest addition. All in ~$60. Wild.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent in April for Tim Curry (before banana gate).
I already had Meatloaf.

Was a 9.4
I did not get pressing, so I guess Tim Curry pressed the book while he was signing to get the 9.6

Sarandon and Bostwick I'd like to get, but I am so discouraged and disgusted with CGC that I'm contemplating just ending it with these two.... for now anyway.

Post 22 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 That is really cool! I just picked a copy of that up for my wife, she loves The Rocky Horror Picture Show!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Awesome!!! grade bump is pretty cool too.
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dr. Who is signed by Catherine Tate - Donna Noble
The Teen Titans is signed by George Perez

Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Picked up a few new books at the Bedrock City Comic Con in Houston today.

I was able to trade one book that was in my collection (I had dupes) for these four books. The first two fill holes in my Truevision collection:

The next one should be of interest to @PolarisNuclearSS2020 as it is a Dell comic detailing the events of the attack on Pearl Harbor. This is, if I am not mistaken, a reprint of Dell Combat #2. It's also a Dell file copy.

Lastly, the big book that I wanted in the trade. It's been a few years since I sold my only other copy and I've regretted parting with it so I'm happy to be able to add this one to my collection.

jesus DWeeB1967, what did you trade and you had dupes? Nice HOS 92, you got me by .5!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
jesus DWeeB1967, what did you trade and you had dupes? Nice HOS 92, you got me by .5!

I actually traded a really nice copy of "Hero for Hire" #1. I recently upgraded my copy with a cleaner copy I bought from AlanL. So I was able to trade that copy for these. You know me... I love DC horror books like you do and I've been working on my Truevision collection for a few years. I just couldn't pass this up.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Love horror, should start a horror thread.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
Love horror, should start a horror thread.
Go for it dude. Good idea
Post 29 IP   flag post
I’ll start one this afternoon sometime, just picked up a short box of misc horror.
Post 30 IP   flag post
619041 47 30