Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Color touch - keep or remove before submission21191

Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for a second opinion on this book. There is a strip of black marker along a black line near the spine about 1.5" Keeping it will lead to a notation on the slab but removing could lead to a spine split.

What would you do if this was your book?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector zoltar85 private msg quote post Address this user
You can probably get that out without spine split but it will take a lot of patience and time. Not removing the color touch will drop the value by probably half so if your keeping it and not wanting to sell no big deal but if you ever want to sell it just keep in mind you'll probably get half or less in value.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Where the ink bleeds through, you can not get rid of it without splitting it from the spine.

If you can remove the ink and still have a good portion of the cover attached, I'd try that.

If there's a chance that removing the ink will create a full separation of cover from spine, then I would not do that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I would leave it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
I once bought a long box of silver age that the bonehead owner did this same thing to every book.
I left them all as is and sold them at a discount. Buyers were happy to have keys at a discount.
So I say leave it as is. Keep it. Let is appreciate for a while and when you are ready to sell, you will do just fine...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Leave it. The world will be better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
618086 6 6