Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

NYCC21174

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Wow…ALL private autographing sessions sold out. Everyone is popular, apperently…

Saw that, my little green man is almost exactly half way across the screen.

Still behind the picture you posted.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio

Still moving very slowly but moving just the same.
Post 28 IP   flag post
In at 12:48. Only junk left. No marvel panels.

Unless I did it wrong.
Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Simpsons and Lord of the Rings were on my very short list of panels, now sold out.
Post 31 IP   flag post
They were there when I got in, but when I went to reserve they were gone.

Are some panels not requiring reservations? Line the Marvel ones? I didn’t see any.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
They were there when I got in, but when I went to reserve they were gone.

Are some panels not requiring reservations? Line the Marvel ones? I didn’t see any.

There is a Sony panel at the same time as the Walking dead panel
Post 33 IP   flag post
https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc24-everything-you-need-to-ace-nycc-panel-reservations/

Ok. This seems to explain it…just the main and empire stages for panels. So everything else is stand in line day of.

I’m a rookie at this…
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc24-everything-you-need-to-ace-nycc-panel-reservations/

Ok. This seems to explain it…just the main and empire stages for panels. So everything else is stand in line day of.

I’m a rookie at this…

I have more experience but that was of no benefit today.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Still waiting to see if it takes me two whole hours to get in.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Took me 1 hour and 50 minutes to get through but I signed up for the following panels.

Not sure if I will have time to do all of them but if you are going to any of these, send me a PM and maybe we can sit together.

Tickets Price Service Fee Subtotal
1 x Thursday 3:00pm - 4:00pm HBO's DUNE PROPHECY | Empire Stage

1 x Thursday 4:45pm - 5:45pm Rick and Morty | Main Stage 1D

1 x Thursday 6:30pm - 7:30pm "Outlander" Season Seven Part Two Preview | Empire Stage

1 x Friday 2:30pm - 4:00pm BlumFest NYCC | Empire Stage

1 x Friday 6:00pm - 8:00pm The Walking Dead Universe | Main Stage 1D

1 x Saturday 12:45pm - 1:45pm BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War | Empire Stage

1 x Saturday 2:30pm - 4:00pm Star Trek Universe | Empire Stage

1 x Saturday 4:45pm - 5:45pm Max Original Animation Presents: CREATURE COMMANDOS | Empire Stage

1 x Sunday 11:00am - 12:00pm The Cast of House of the Dragon | Empire Stage

1 x Sunday 12:45pm - 1:45pm The Cast of Hannibal | Empire Stage

1 x Sunday 4:00pm - 5:00pm Cosplay Central Costume Showcase | Main Stage 1D
Post 37 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
My brother in law got us in for the penguin
Post 38 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm excited because this will be my son's first time; Hope he likes it.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@drchaos

The only one I see overlapping is the Star Trek Universe. I did not grab much.

Thursday 11:00am - 12:00pm HBO’s THE PENGUIN: Extended Sneak Peek

Thursday 6:15pm - 7:00pm Moon Man Panel feat. Kid Cudi | Main Stage 1D

Saturday 2:30pm - 4:00pm Star Trek Universe | Empire Stage

I’m up in the air for Saturday at the moment, but will let you know.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been going to NYCC since 2015. Excited for the Dune and Creature commandos panel.

Keep in mind the Empire Stage is in the new section of the Javitis on the 4th floor I want to say. While the Main stage is on the bottom floor where they corral everyone who gets there early. Almost at complete opposite sides of one another.

Disappointed that only Marvel will have a booth. No DC, Dark Horse or Image this year. I don’t think the last two have been back post Covid.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I have never been to NYCC, from what I know of that con, there are likely very few deals to be had.

But if you’re going for signings, that’s a good con.

As far as bigger NYC area cons, I think Carbo’s are by far the best for scoring deals.

I am thinking of getting a 8foit booth for Carbo’s one day show in November, but I will probably opt to go there to buy instead.

Hell, you can get sweet deals from Carbo’s own booth on raw SA/GA, he doesn’t deal with slabbed books that much….he’s a good guy to buy from to pick up GA raws to press/slab or just send to mycomicshop raw for consignments.

I think the price of admission alone is worth listening to Carbo while perusing his books tbh. 🎁
Post 42 IP   flag post
@PolarisNuclearSS2020

As always I will be attending both shows.
Post 43 IP   flag post
618083 43 18