Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Pre-ordering 9.8 books (new releases)2117

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Has or does anyone pre-order new releases stabbed at a 9.8 grade? I know beachbum comics may offer this service....not sure of the details. Are there others out there offering this service?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Just pick out nice copies and send in a couple for 9.8 grade screening only pay for the 9.8s you dont need a service for that. plus it will help you in the long run grading and looking for 9.8 quality books. but thats just what id do
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The publisher Zenescope Comics does this but they use PGX for it unfortunately.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Has or does anyone pre-order new releases stabbed at a 9.8 grade? I know beachbum comics may offer this service....not sure of the details. Are there others out there offering this service?

Stabbed no. Slabbed 9.8, yes, but only for 1-2 absolute favorites. Personally, I find it a lot cheaper to subscribe to Beachbum's service than pay for:

Raw 9.8 Candidates: ~$10-20
Proper Packaging: $5-10
Shipping: $20
Grading: $18 (Modern)
Return Shipping: $23

Alas, average condition at my LCS is 9.4. Sometimes I'd get 9.8 but then there are occasions when all available copies of one specific issue are 9.0-9.2.

Take note though, Beachbum only offers the 9.8 sub to collectors. He'll cancel your sub if he sees the slabs getting flipped on ebay.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrotherKenneth private msg quote post Address this user
Every once in a while Dynamic Forces will offer a 9.8 slabbed book. A while back they offered Death of Wolverine #1 CGC 9.8
Post 5 IP   flag post
Unknown Comics has started offering CBCS grading on their exclusive covers. Those tend to sell out quickly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerischan

Stabbed no. Slabbed 9.8, yes, but only for 1-2 absolute favorites. Personally, I find it a lot cheaper to subscribe to Beachbum's service.

Take note though, Beachbum only offers the 9.8 sub to collectors. He'll cancel your sub if he sees the slabs getting flipped on ebay.

Yes, not looking to "stab" my books. Autocorrect fail.

I'm not looking to flip. Only looking for a couple books the next few months...waiting for a response from beachbum as to what the details are.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Has anyone else seen this? This was on FaceBook. Thoughts? "Special CBCS label" reminds me of CGC's Stan Lee label. Or the TMNT labels. I wonder what it will look like. I personally really would like to get one if I can afford it. I don't buy many moderns, especially variants, but I just might pick this up for the PC.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

Has anyone else seen this? This was on FaceBook. Thoughts? "Special CBCS label" reminds me of CGC's Stan Lee label. Or the TMNT labels. I wonder what it will look like. I personally really would like to get one if I can afford it. I don't buy many moderns, especially variants, but I just might pick this up for the PC.

That is a sick cover!!! Can I ask who is offering the special label? I also doubt I can afford it, but it's fun to dream!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O yes it is very cool. I like it a lot. I rarely if ever get into the modern variant craze but I like the character so much and I'm interested in what the label will look like. I would buy one for the collection, not to flip it. I'll PM you where I saw it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O yes it is very cool. I like it a lot. I rarely if ever get into the modern variant craze but I like the character so much and I'm interested in what the label will look like. I would buy one for the collection, not to flip it. I'll PM you where I saw it.

I agree. I'm not huge into variants either. But this is a cover I could look at for years and never of!! Thanks!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/02/14/variant-envy-iron-fist-1-dellotto-variant/
Post 12 IP   flag post
Books will be available for pre-order Sunday 2/19/17 at around 1 PM at Frankie’s Comics, The Comic Mint, Sad Lemon Comics, and 7 Ate 9 Comics.
Post 13 IP   flag post
^what he said
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Secret out lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm glad I have no interest in that character. Curious what the "special label" will look like though.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Is there a direct link to this 9.8 offer? I've searched the websites given and did not see it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

Is there a direct link to this 9.8 offer? I've searched the websites given and did not see it.

Books will be available for pre-order Sunday 2/19/17 at around 1 PM at the following stores Frankie’s Comics, The Comic Mint, Sad Lemon Comics, and 7 Ate 9 Comics.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ironically the new iron fist series is what I wanted to get a 9.8 copy of and why I started this thread. At $250 I'll pass on the special cbcs version....but now I want the 3000 limited edition version....will have to look into the price and how to order it as I'm sure I'm not near any of those shops.
Post 19 IP   flag post
$250? Damn lol
Post 20 IP   flag post
Btw, I've ordered from both Frankie's and Comic Mint before and was happy with both orders. Recommend either one.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Ironically the new iron fist series is what I wanted to get a 9.8 copy of and why I started this thread. At $250 I'll pass on the special cbcs version....but now I want the 3000 limited edition version....will have to look into the price and how to order it as I'm sure I'm not near any of those shops.

I'd pay that if we're 9.8 signed yellow label. But not for a standard 9.8.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

I'd pay that if we're 9.8 signed yellow label. But not for a standard 9.8.

Agree...kinda ridiculous for a new release...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Where in the world did a $250 price tag come from? I haven't seen that stated. The 9.8 graded special edition is limited to 250 copies.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Where in the world did a $250 price tag come from? I haven't seen that stated. The 9.8 graded special edition is limited to 250 copies.

It was in the comments section in the link you provided above...someone said they had asked someone and said the answer they got was $249..so I guess it's not confirmed by any of the sites selling it that is the cost
Post 25 IP   flag post
Regarding the Dell'otto Iron Fist #1 - this is a variant from The Comic Mint. It is not listed for sale yet. It's my understanding that it will go up for sale on Sunday the 19th.
Post 26 IP   flag post
601273 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?