Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For Sale

Ummmmmm…WTF!!!21154

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently someone listed several dozen CBCS 9.8 graded comics for $1 each on MCS. Of course they all sold. I wonder if this is a massive mistake or did someone make a private deal with someone, got payment privately, then dropped the prices to $1 to avoid the 10% fee. direct link
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was a minimum $5 fee per sale and that you owe MCS money if it sells for less than $5. Obviously you'd know a lot better than anyone here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure it wasn't a mistake there is something going on there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like they thought they were setting them up for auction, but got put out at fixed price, maybe? Don't the auctions all start at $1, or is $.99???
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You don't set prices if you send them to auction.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it like ebay where someone just pretends they lost it or cancel the order.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
You don't set prices if you send them to auction.

That makes sense, since they all start at the same price.

I hope it was an internal error where they can just say "My bad".
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
My take is that it was a costly mistake by the consignor as there are books which are submitted by same person (same cbcs # except last 3 digits) which have been placed on 9/23 auction
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
i reached out to mcs. they are currently investigating what happend
Post 9 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - if you sell under $5, then MCS only charges the amount sold for.

An update, now all of those sales show $999.
Post 10 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Is that a system glitch???
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 - I think not. I suspect either a booboo in listing or a purposeful circumvention of MCS sales fee with direct payment and MCS is probably unwinding either way.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Scifinator any update on this?
Post 13 IP   flag post
618085 13 13