Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestionsSignatures

Stan Lee "Bubble"?2113

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Ok one more. No cheating and looking on ebay. What do you think is the asking price for this one? What would you pay for it?

BATMAN MASTERPIECE EDITION #1 CGC 8.5 SIGNED STAN Lee

Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Without thw sig thats a $40 book if the seller gets lucky.

$250?
Post 152 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I'll narrow it down, seller is asking, which one?

A)$100
B)$250
C)$650
D)$1000
Post 153 IP   flag post
Lmfao dont tell me its a grand 😂
Post 154 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer But dude this is Stan Friggin Lee!
Post 155 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Stan is nothing without Ditko and Kirby!

That could be an exaggeration.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Ok I had to cheat now 😁

He is considering my offer. I anxiously await his approval.
Post 157 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley And apparently Bob Kane is nothing without Stan as well. LOL. Stan should have just signed over Bob's signature on that Batman book.
Post 158 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer LOL. Goodluck, I hope he accepts.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Ok I had to cheat now 😁

He is considering my offer. I anxiously await his approval.

Why are you screwing with someone's legitimate business by wasting their time with fake offers? And let's not play games; obviously it's not going to be accepted, whether you would pay that or not.

Do you think this is just some sort of game?

What is your eBay user name?
Post 160 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I know his ebay user name

Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector HOGLEG private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldnt buy anything signed by stan lee....but that's just me...this dude needs to hurry up and retire
Post 162 IP   flag post

Post 163 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Comics are serious business brah!

Post 164 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I seriously hope he accepts. I wasnt joking. I really want that book for a dollar. Very much.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@DocBrown I seriously hope he accepts. I wasnt joking. I really want that book for a dollar. Very much.

I'm sure you do. However, you're wasting that seller's time with bullshit offers.

And no, when you start screwing with people's business, you're crossing the line.
Post 166 IP   flag post
What's bullshit is some dipshit getting a Batman book signed by Stan Lee. That's wasting Stan's valuable, well-compensated time.
Post 167 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

Its $140 per signature usually for Stan's signature right? How many books could you sign in like 1 minute? 20? 30? That's $4,200 cash in 1 minute. Wow!
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
What's bullshit is some dipshit getting a Batman book signed by Stan Lee. That's wasting Stan's valuable, well-compensated time.

I agree. However, Stan was (presumably) paid for it, which means it wasn't a waste of his time, and regardless of how silly it is...and it IS silly...screwing with someone's business crosses the line.
Post 169 IP   flag post
@DocBrown Ok DocBrown we got it, you scolded poor Shewbeer enough. He is only going to offer 10% less than asking now. Lets complain about Stan Lee's signature more now.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Studley_Dudley

Its $140 per signature usually for Stan's signature right? How many books could you sign in like 1 minute? 20? 30? That's $4,200 cash in 1 minute. Wow!

The dude is raking it in hardcore. At 95(?) though, why not! Hell even sign batman books 😂 Worshiped at every convention and pile up stacks of cash for the family. Not a bad way to end ones life for sure 👌🏻👌🏻
Post 171 IP   flag post
It was $100 just for his signature at the Cincinnati Comic Expo last September. Or you could have shelled out $350 for the spectacular "Stan Lee Experience" which included a photo op and a little pow wow with Stan is an auditorium. That didn't even include admission.
Post 172 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley I've seen him sign books though he gets a fat stack in front of him and just signs away. Not even a clean signature. He does 4 hour signing sessions in Con or at his Hotel room. Hmm so like 20 books a minute for 240 minutes @ $100 each...$480,000 cash he makes per each 4 hour session. Does the IRS know about this?? LOL Maybe he doesn't care he will be gone before they figure it out.
Post 173 IP   flag post
I don't know what his handlers get, but I've heard they set the prices. I saw the line and said forget it. To me, it's just not worth it nut for others it is.
Post 174 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I don't know what his handlers get, but I've heard they set the prices. I saw the line and said forget it. To me, it's just not worth it nut for others it is.

He has one handler and he is well compensated.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Last year at Planet Comicon you had to buy a "Stan Lee" pass to even get into his line. they started at $299 for an autograph & photo op. then there was the $399 pass that got you a pre signed item & I believe priority line access. & that didn't include admission either. I already had met him so i was just.... I'll just stand here in the aisle & admire him from afar. lol.
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
$1000 for THAT book is a joke price. That seller is wasting the time of every eBay shopper who is currently looking for Batman or Stan Lee. He's not conducting business, he's fishing to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any better. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Your concern for this person is misplaced.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@DocBrown Ok DocBrown we got it, you scolded poor Shewbeer enough. He is only going to offer 10% less than asking now. Lets complain about Stan Lee's signature more now.

Who is "we"? Was there an election for board spokesman that I wasn't aware of? Last I checked, you spoke for yourself, and I spoke for myself, and everyone else spoke for themselves. No "we" about it.

Making $1 offers on $1,000 books is interfering with someone's business, and has no place on a professional grading company's message board. It crosses the line.

I am not surprised that many of you don't have a problem with it.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
$1000 for THAT book is a joke price. That seller is wasting the time of every eBay shopper who is currently looking for Batman or Stan Lee. He's not conducting business, he's fishing to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any better. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Your concern for this person is misplaced.

That is your opinion, and one not shared by the seller or eBay, for the simple reason that it is listed.

You have the right to mock it all you want...and I will mock it with you.

You don't have the right to interfere with someone else's business with "fake" lowball $1 offers.

There's a line.
Post 179 IP   flag post
@DocBrown Please make thread titled "Interfering with someone's Business" and then go on and on all you want. WE want to move on. Trying to have a laugh in this thread. Don't be a...

Post 180 IP   flag post
600859 189 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.