Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestionsSignatures

Stan Lee "Bubble"?2113

Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
Ok.... so Anyone remember when NYCC was Stan's "LAST" East coast convention..... ever?? Because i remember all the hype that he was no longer doing east coast cons & possible retirement, than like 2 or 3 weeks laster he was at Rhode Island con, etc. all over the east coast.... AGAIN!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
They are also saying because Big Apple Comic con is tomorrow, they aren't allowing refunds for entry tickets or Stan Lee Signatures. They will get credit to get something already pre-signed at the Stan lee booth.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
They are also saying because Big Apple Comic con is tomorrow, they aren't allowing refunds for entry tickets or Stan Lee Signatures. They will get credit to get something already pre-signed at the Stan lee booth.

This can only turn out poorly.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
This was just posted on their Facebook page:

We were all as heartbroken as you were that Stan Lee had to cancel. We at Big Apple are fanboys as well.
For those of you who ordered Stan Lee Autograph Tickets, or Swag Bags, refunds will be going out through TicketLeap automatically.
For those who ordered Stan Lee Photo Op Tickets, refunds will be going out through Froggy's Photos automatically.
You don't have to do anything, they will be processed and refunded behind the scenes. Please be aware that this process can take up to 5 business days. If you haven't received your refund by Friday the 17th, please contact us through the contact page on the Big Apple website and we will expedite it.
Thank you for your patience! And let's all send our love and warm wishes to a speedy recovery for Stan Lee! Excelsior!!
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicAR
In the interest of full disclosure, when I'm asked about comic investing, I always tell people to take a long hard look at what I'm buying and avoid those at all costs! I suck at picking trends.

In doing a search just now, "CGC SS" brings up 13,502 results on eBay. Searching "CGC SS Stan Lee" I get 3,164 items. Stan Lee makes up 23.4% of CGC signed books. I didn't use CBCS due to the smaller amount of time CBCS has been available to get Stan Lee certified on. Stan hovers between 20% and 30% of these searches on any given day, so clearly there is a healthy market for his signature. I personally wouldn't do it, but as I said it's your book so it's your choice.

Keep in mind that the numbers you got could be way off if many of the 13,502 were signed by Lee. FWIW
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane

If your X1 is a lower-grade (say 3.5) or lower book, yes, get it signed. 4.0 to 4.5, coin-flip. 5.0 or higher? No.

What is the logic around this? I'm not challenging you, I'm legitimately asking your opinion on this comment.

Look up GPA figures.

That tells you everything.

I wouldn't have any book like this signed if it was a 3.0 or above.

.01 to 2.5 is the ideal range to get the most cost effective return on most Stan Lee SS books like this one and ASM 1 and a handful of others.
Post 131 IP   flag post
**UPDATE**

Got my X-men #1 Back from Emerald Comic Con. Thanks to Matt @ Trinity Comics for taking care of this one. Signature looks great in gold. Glad it kept the same grade (was stressing about it going to a 4.0). Thanks to CBCS for processing so fast.

P.S. No more newton rings like the CGC case. Now I can enjoy the view.

Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa I'm so jelly!
Post 133 IP   flag post
Back to the "Bubble" topic. I found this for sale online. Would you buy this? If yes, for how much? I'll tell you the asking price later.

Post 134 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa yes, I would "but" it, but I wouldn't buy it.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Actually I would buy it, but it's probably outside my budget.
Post 136 IP   flag post
@DarthLego Even though its unrelated to Mr. Lee? Whats your guestimate on asking price? Wouldn't you rather have Claremont sign it?
Post 137 IP   flag post
@KingNampa considering that book is one of my grails, I'd probably buy if signed by the Pope if the price is right.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Is it that rare? I got like 3 copies of this over the years. Pretty cheap to acquire lower grades like this 5.0. My first copy was from the 90's got it for $3 at a garage sale. It was 2.0 condition.
Post 139 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Back to the "Bubble" topic. I found this for sale online. Would you buy this? If yes, for how much? I'll tell you the asking price later

Only if it was cheaper than one without the sig.

I like how you just covered the dash on your book. IME his sig (or most sigs) detract from the value if over any art.
Post 140 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Are you crazy its Signed by Stan Lee OMG it is worth 10x more!
Post 141 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Back to the "Bubble" topic. I found this for sale online. Would you buy this? If yes, for how much? I'll tell you the asking price later.

I would pay no more than $750 at the most brah

$600 for a 5.5 and another $100 for Stan's sig charge plus grading fees
Post 142 IP   flag post
@KingNampa I'll gladly double your money on that $3 copy.
Post 143 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Darth is trying to rip you off 😡. I'll give you triple that.
Post 144 IP   flag post
@KingNampa quadruple!
Post 145 IP   flag post
I'll take $1 million in Monopoly money! And 2 Hotels for my Park Place.
Post 146 IP   flag post
The most I've paid for a single book so far is ~ $350. I just checked eBay and seen a copy I'd be interested in if it sticks around long enough for me to pay for it.
Post 147 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Wow you got close. Better buy it then its less than what you are asking $675.

Giant Size X-Men #1 1975 CBCS 5.5 SS Stan Lee 1st Storm Nightcrawler Colossus
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Stan Lee charges....correction, Max his handler, charges wayyyy too much for his sig.

Sadly, people keep paying it, so it's not "too much."

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of books signed by him that aren't worth the cost of the sig, much less the slab.

Post 149 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I wouldn't buy it.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Ok one more. No cheating and looking on ebay. What do you think is the asking price for this one? What would you pay for it?

BATMAN MASTERPIECE EDITION #1 CGC 8.5 SIGNED STAN Lee

Post 151 IP   flag post
Without thw sig thats a $40 book if the seller gets lucky.

$250?
Post 152 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I'll narrow it down, seller is asking, which one?

A)$100
B)$250
C)$650
D)$1000
Post 153 IP   flag post
Lmfao dont tell me its a grand 😂
Post 154 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer But dude this is Stan Friggin Lee!
Post 155 IP   flag post
601262 189 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.