CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story you're the man Wade πŸ‘πŸ€ŸπŸ™Œ
Post 26 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Just submitted 22. Thanks, CBCS!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'll be submitting these....I'll have to see what else I send along with them.

Received.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Just sent my 2 out yesterday. Hope it gets there in time, I paid for fastest shipping.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Just sent my 2 out yesterday. Hope it gets there in time, I paid for fastest shipping.

As long as it is postmarked before the end of the coupon period you will be fine, even if it arrives at CBCS after expiration.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
That’s the dilemma - I have hundreds of high grade bronze and copper age books that are ungraded. I would like to find new homes for most of them, but unless they are first issues or keys, I would have to sell them for cheap money. In order to get the best prices for any of them, I would have to press and grade them, and then put them up for sale or auction. But after pressing, grading, shipping, and other fees, is it even worth it? Is it better to sell a non-key book raw for $5 to $10, or spend around $40 (discount prices) to $45/50 or more (non-discount prices) per book, hope to get 9.6’s and 9.8’s, and then sell them for $50-100? And if they come back with 9.4’s or lower, you’d probably have to sell them at auction for around $15-25.

Prescreen is the way to go for the books you speak of. You set the minimum grade you need for it to be worthwhile. Say 9.8. Anything that doesn't meet the 9.8 grade is sent back raw and you are charged $8 instead of the normal grading fee ($24 for books you mention). You can prescreen any grade between 3.0 and 9.8. You can choose a different prescreen grade for each book in a submission. At CGC each prescreen grade is a separate submission.

All that is left is to get good at recognizing likely 9.6/9.8 books. So that most of your submission doesn't fail. Failures add to the overall amount of money you have in the books that do pass prescreen.

All said, prescreen is an overlooked service. The big dealers use it and that's why you see all those 9.8's in their stores.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@SauceDog πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post 32 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan Always prescreen....
Post 33 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215

As long as it is postmarked before the end of the coupon period you will be fine, even if it arrives at CBCS after expiration.

was wondering if it was ship by or arrive by - thanks!!

anyone know if it is 20% off the order or just 20% off grading - i.e. can we get 20% off a book that needs pressing, signature verification and grading - all services?

Found some duplicates that might be worth sending in and then have MCS send back the higher of the two grades for a lower shipping fee.....

again I say....why is this promo not on the main CBCS Website landing page with all the details etc. - wtf people, wtf????
Post 34 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
again I say....why is this promo not on the main CBCS Website landing page with all the details etc. - wtf people, wtf????

Maybe it's just a nod to the more loyal of CBCS customers? You found out about it because you're a member of the forum. Maybe they didn't want the entire comic book submitting world tendering submissions and gumming up the works for those that routinely support CBCS?

There's an unhealthy obsession with being number one. Well, I can grant you that world's second richest man isn't worrying how he can get to the top of list. I know I would be content in that position.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
anyone know if it is 20% off the order or just 20% off grading - i.e. can we get 20% off a book that needs pressing, signature verification and grading - all services?

My two orders were 20% off across the board. On the Signature Series $47.00 submission, that included pressing, the discount was $9.40.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Way to go Doc.
I am shipping out 26 beauties tomorrow.
Half Moderns (bronze & some copper)
Half Vintage (20 centers)
Post 37 IP   flag post
I only sent two books but more cgc conversion therapy. πŸ‘
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@DrWatson Way to go Doc.
I am shipping out 26 beauties tomorrow.
Half Moderns (bronze & some copper)
Half Vintage (20 centers)

I did another 31 book submission. 30 book books and 1 SS submission. It had to be split to two invoices because of the SS.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Despite grumbling for years for no legitimate reason I'm going to prepare a submission tonight.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I don't think there will be a better discount. I could be wrong, but 20% across the board is pretty nice.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Be sure to post your books....I love seeing freshly minted cbcs goodness!
Post 42 IP   flag post
@GAC two comming back tomorrow! I'll definitely post them here.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
What is the last date to send in? Asking for a friend.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Submitted and postmarked by September 30th.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson My man, thank you for confirming.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have ten for sure - 5 issues with doubles - so I'll have CBCS press and grade and MCS pickup then have MCS send me the higher of the grades and sell the lower

Justice League #3 and Firestorm #61 with the test logo
Marvel Premier #28 (League of Monsters)
X-Men #221 So Much Fun edition
and Spiderman and his amazing friends #1

I have a few other doubles to consider and some signature books for maybe straight VSP and sell?

idk...DK2 #1 signed 56/1500 and Batman&Robin signed 75/699 - both signed by Frank Miller through DF...might not actually be worth much so just hang on to them?

now to find boxes and packing material and maybe send them out on Saturday or if I can get to it Friday night?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Despite grumbling for years for no legitimate reason I'm going to prepare a submission tonight.
Way to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Be sure to post your books....I love seeing freshly minted cbcs goodness!
I sent mine in on the same submission, so the vintage will take a few weeks to get done. Hope to have them back before Thanksgiving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't think there will be a better discount. I could be wrong, but 20% across the board is pretty nice.
Absolutely... That's why I dug out the 20 centers... I haven't even mailed them out yet, and I can't wait to get them back... lol...
Post 48 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Edit: I'm flip flopping more than a fish out of water. I've decided to cancel my submission. The grading, pressing and shipping charges are more than what I paid for all the comics combined and I'd rather spend the $500 on more comics.
Post 49 IP   flag post
There's a crazy paradox if you want to call it that going on today. An order will arrive at cbcs today and at the same time an order will arrive at my home. *mind blown*
Post 50 IP   flag post
@ComicNinja0215 I think that's called a coincidence πŸ˜‰
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@ComicNinja0215 I think that's called a coincidence πŸ˜‰

Yes, that! Lol man I love it here.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Maybe it's just a nod to the more loyal of CBCS customers? You found out about it because you're a member of the forum. Maybe they didn't want the entire comic book submitting world tendering submissions and gumming up the works for those that routinely support CBCS?

There's an unhealthy obsession with being number one. Well, I can grant you that world's second richest man isn't worrying how he can get to the top of list. I know I would be content in that position.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

The original post in this forum telling us about the discount code was by a forum member, not a CGCS employee. If it was intended as a special for past or loyal customers, one would expect a email to those customers.

I saw the BANANA discount code on FB. Someone else said they saw it on Instagram. So MAYBE this was a test of the effectiveness of advertising on social media??
Post 53 IP   flag post
@IronMan

But I doubt it...
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan I was looking for the specifics of the code but I can only find use code BANANA for 20% off CBCS services. I am wondering if their is a minimum amount of books to turn in to get the discount?
Post 55 IP   flag post
618097 86 30