Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
This one popped up yesterday.

Sorry if it was already posted, didnt see it listed...popped up on CBCS Instagram yesterday.

Use promo code BANANA for 20% off grading

Just put through a 10 book order. Confirmed it's working as expected...
Post 1 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
You don't how long I been waiting for dis..

Woo! Bout to make a name for myself here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I know you need separate submission forms but will CBCS ship a comic and magazine submission back at the same time?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders pretty sure nope - I think they just send back whatever order is ready when it is ready so 2 different orders will get 2x the shipping!!!

I get why they stopped allowing different streams on the same order but wow is it a bummer and a massive extra amount of $$
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Have 7 all ready to go !

Though it doesn't list a window (promo end date)
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics that's awful. Count me out despite the discount. By the time I add pressing and everything I would be better off just keeping my books unslabbed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
You don't how long I been waiting for dis..

Woo! Bout to make a name for myself here.

Enjoy the discount
Post 7 IP   flag post
@flanders yeah...forcing of split orders and double shipping also gives me pause...

have to see if there is anything I can sell that way it just costs $5 for MCS to pick them up
Post 8 IP   flag post
@KatKomics that's the problem. Everything worth submitting is for my personal collection and slabbing isn't really necessary at this time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@KatKomics that's the problem. Everything worth submitting is for my personal collection and slabbing isn't really necessary at this time.

exactly!!
my books are happy in their mylar and tucked away in boxes like they have been for years
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I know you need separate submission forms but will CBCS ship a comic and magazine submission back at the same time?

Nope, I sent Comics + Magazine in on the last order and was charged separate shipping for each. They shipped individually within 2 days of each other. Was a bit pricy coming back to Canada for a single magazine size book....but it was a 9.9 in the end, so I can't complain.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
That’s the dilemma - I have hundreds of high grade bronze and copper age books that are ungraded. I would like to find new homes for most of them, but unless they are first issues or keys, I would have to sell them for cheap money. In order to get the best prices for any of them, I would have to press and grade them, and then put them up for sale or auction. But after pressing, grading, shipping, and other fees, is it even worth it? Is it better to sell a non-key book raw for $5 to $10, or spend around $40 (discount prices) to $45/50 or more (non-discount prices) per book, hope to get 9.6’s and 9.8’s, and then sell them for $50-100? And if they come back with 9.4’s or lower, you’d probably have to sell them at auction for around $15-25.
Post 12 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's funny. Folks say, "I'm not submitting until CBCS offers another discount."

CBCS offers a discount and then folks find another reason not to submit books. In the end, I suppose one excuse is as good as another.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Oh, and I don't believe the cgc or CBCS have ever shipped magazines and comic books together. The two different sizes would create boundless opportunities for shipping damage if shipped together.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Oh, and I don't believe the cgc or CBCS have ever shipped magazines and comic books together. The two different sizes would create boundless opportunities for shipping damage if shipped together.

true - but CBCS would send pressing, vsp and normal grading together in the past - which was nice.
eventually they changed that but for the $ press screening I could keep books bundled and save multiples on the return shipping but then I think they did away with that loop hole too...
Post 15 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully there is something yellow in the PC I can submit to take advantage of this promo code! 🍌
Post 17 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Have 7 all ready to go !

Though it doesn't list a window (promo end date)

9/30
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigur_Ros You rock! Thank you!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I will definitely use this at Baltimore Comic-Con next week!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I have found at least six for submission. I need to find at least one more. It needs to be 5, 7, 9, or multiples there of.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be submitting these....I'll have to see what else I send along with them.

Post 22 IP   flag post
While I was getting ready to prepare a submission I decided to visit the CBCS instagram page once more. Their latest video of @Wade_Story in a banana hammock is taking this way too far. Not only has it scarred me for life, but I'll no longer be submitting.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@flanders Count your blessings it wasn't Ricketts and submit double.
Post 24 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
While I was getting ready to prepare a submission I decided to visit the CBCS instagram page once more. Their latest video of @Wade_Story in a banana hammock is taking this way too far. Not only has it scarred me for life, but I'll no longer be submitting.

I tried to tell marketing that this would be taking it too far! 😂
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Wade_Story you're the man Wade 👍🤟🙌
Post 26 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Just submitted 22. Thanks, CBCS!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'll be submitting these....I'll have to see what else I send along with them.

Received.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Just sent my 2 out yesterday. Hope it gets there in time, I paid for fastest shipping.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector SauceDog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Just sent my 2 out yesterday. Hope it gets there in time, I paid for fastest shipping.

As long as it is postmarked before the end of the coupon period you will be fine, even if it arrives at CBCS after expiration.
Post 30 IP   flag post
618085 86 30